The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:26 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone parroted the "but it's got a BMW engine <groan>" comment?
The opposite attitude, those in the know are aware that Inoes has sourced among the best components available for the Grenadier, and the engine being BMW, that mechanics are already familiar with, has put a lot of people at ease about servicing.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
The opposite attitude, those in the know are aware that Inoes has sourced among the best components available for the Grenadier, and the engine being BMW, that mechanics are already familiar with, has put a lot of people at ease about servicing.
I would have been happy with either a Mercedes diesel or the BMW diesel but can't think of any other that I would have wanted.

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:26 AM
Reaction score
Totally.

Old defer guys are all over it, all love it (to my face anyway) but 70 series owners seem more circumspect (I would love one, can't afford it but not to worry because my car is an Aussie icon)
Tell them not to sell their 70 series, because yet another icon is about to change ... the 2024 70 series will be a 6 speed auto with a 4 cylinder diesel, no longer the manual V8.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Definitely the EU pick...Isuzu would be my pick outside the EU lot... ;)
A bit too agricultural for me.
i like the layout of the Mercedes & BMW using twin sequential compound turbo's
provides a much wider power and torque band.
I don't think Isuzu have a similar system.

Reactions: Max

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tell them not to sell their 70 series, because yet another icon is about to change ... the 2024 70 series will be a 6 speed auto with a 4 cylinder diesel, no longer the manual V8.
I wonder if they've also narrowed the front wheel track?:cool:

Shippa

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
Would be interested to be able to know the VIN's currently being delivered to get an idea how close delivery is away (although not guaranteed). I wonder how the big the backlog is with Magic?
Just got my Vin today. Build started a month ago and still in production. Vin ends in 755#

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had similar feedback re. payment being a factor in the quick release of the vehicle to the dealer.
Interestingly a recent email direct from my dealer contained the following lines:
“You will receive an automatic payment request from Ineos. You will not need to pay right away: when we schedule your delivery you may make it coincide with that time.“

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Old defer guys are all over it, all love it (to my face anyway) but 70 series owners seem more circumspect (I would love one, can't afford it but not to worry because my car is an Aussie icon)
Sorry, late to this...

but clearly there'll have to be some stickers made...

Greandier STICKER1-02-02.jpg
*appreciate that not everything currently works 🤪

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Totally.

70 series owners are secretly jealous because they have to spend close to $70k to make their vehicles as comfortable as an IG

Local time
Reaction score
Just got my Vin today. Build started a month ago and still in production. Vin ends in 755#
Hi there - I too got my VIN end in 934 but I was out of production and waiting for a boat 2 weeks ago, still wait to confirm which vessel I am on…..so you may get a surprise!!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Definitely the EU pick...Isuzu would be my pick outside the EU lot... ;)
Daughters Boyfriend has an Isuzu D-Max, its a bit of a dog, goes through about 1 turbo a year and its relatively slow and sluggish.

Back
Top Bottom