The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:45 AM
Reaction score
The other issue delaying delivery, unique to Australia are the side indicators. The round ones that come with every Grenadier in the world are somehow illegal in Australia (certainly in Queensland) with the classification of the vehicle. I have a different style of side indicator (legal to Australia) that the dealer had a 3D printed mould made to fit it to the vehicle as a temporary fix before the formal ones from Grenadier arrived. He was only able to print out a few so I was lucky. He had a few more Grenadiers sitting in his yard that he could not pass on as the transport department would not register them unless the indicator issue was fixed.

I’m not sure if other dealers are informing people about this. I assume is is an Australia wide problem, not just in Queensland.
Yeah, having heard from other forum members, it looks like some of us (obviously the less trustworthy ones) have had to pay up-front for cars they can’t deliver due to the indicator issue. Now they are panicking about holding over $100K for so long without delivery, so have had to come up with the work around by 3D printing indicators, which are going to have be replaced with original ones.

The question is, why have some of us had to pay up front when others are paying on delivery ?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
These are the ‘Australian’ indicators. I think they only project backwards.

View attachment 7828107View attachment 7828108
That's correct... the Australian Transport Regulations require commercial vehicles to be fitted with side indicators with a rear projecting "luminosity" considerably brighter than for non commercial so that the drivers of vehicles passing the commercial vehicles are more aware of an impending lane change...

Woody

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So it turns out I had the wrong ship. It is the Titus, not the Hoegh Trotter that my Grenadier is on, according to an update received this morning from my agent. The good news is that the Titus is also sitting off Port Kembla waiting to dock.

I asked my agent about payment, as delivery is about a month away, and he agreed that I hold onto my cash until closer to delivery. Having delivered about a dozen or more Grenadiers already out of Canberra, I am sure if I was required to pay to release from customs my dealer would let me know.

Apparently there is 12 Grenadiers on the Titus which are coming to Canberra. Going to be a busy October for my agent, given they will also be rolling out the software update to existing customers. Fingers crossed they have the extra bits and enough side indicators.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, having heard from other forum members, it looks like some of us (obviously the less trustworthy ones) have had to pay up-front for cars they can’t deliver due to the indicator issue. Now they are panicking about holding over $100K for so long without delivery, so have had to come up with the work around by 3D printing indicators, which are going to have be replaced with original ones.

The question is, why have some of us had to pay up front when others are paying on delivery ?
I checked and was told they were only making some people pay a long way ahead if they lived in certain suburbs or parts of cities.
Some of the more worrying suburbs like Ipswich, Inala, Beenleigh, Helensvale

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I checked and was told they were only making some people pay a long way ahead if they lived in certain suburbs or parts of cities.
Some of the more worrying suburbs like Ipswich, Inala, Beenleigh, Helensvale
So Carindale is one of those suburbs ... besides, Ineos knows the address when the contract is prepared, so the payment terms should be consistent with the contract.

The logic still doesn't make sense though, if the car isn't paid for what were they going to do, load it back onto another boat and return it? it would make more sense to sell it in the Aussie market.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The logic still doesn't make sense though, if the car isn't paid for what were they going to do, load it back onto another boat and return it? it would make more sense to sell it in the Aussie market.
INEOS are selling them, at the new (higher) price.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So Carindale is one of those suburbs ... besides, Ineos knows the address when the contract is prepared, so the payment terms should be consistent with the contract.

Yeah Carindale is pretty much up there. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

We lived in BLackberry Street Mansfield back in 1991??

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah Carindale is pretty much up there. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

We lived in BLackberry Street Mansfield back in 1991??
Mansfield ... lucky you weren't there when you put down the deposit ... you'd have had to have paid before production 🤣🤣

Sad thing is that I would struggle to afford my house now.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mansfield ... lucky you weren't there when you put down the deposit ... you'd have had to have paid before production 🤣🤣

Sad thing is that I would struggle to afford my house now.

I bought my house in Reedy Creek in 2016 for $730,000 and spent about $240,000 on renovations.
I just sold it for $1,525,000 and no way I could afford that myself
if I had sold it 12 months ago I would have made an extra $1 Million on it.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
These are the ‘Australian’ indicators. I think they only project backwards.

View attachment 7828107View attachment 7828108
Holy crap - who put those on???
I really hope that is a temporary solution as you can still see the factory original round indent. The final fitting is meant to have the grey plastic mount replaced with one that is shaped to the cat6 indicator.

This is how they are supposed to look...
IMG_1352.JPG

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
INEOS are selling them, at the new (higher) price.
Has anyone got any evidence... anecdotal or otherwise, of this actually having happened? Are Ineos even allowed to do this (since the local dealer doesn't own the car)?

Based on the last 18 months reading, I'm not handing over any payment until I see the vehicle in front of me, PDI-approved. Then i'll make payment and wait a few days to clear before pickup.

This is a $5k-deposit hill that I'm prepared to die on.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone got any evidence... anecdotal or otherwise, of this actually having happened? Are Ineos even allowed to do this (since the local dealer doesn't own the car)?

Based on the last 18 months reading, I'm not handing over any payment until I see the vehicle in front of me, PDI-approved. Then i'll make payment and wait a few days to clear before pickup.

This is a $5k-deposit hill that I'm prepared to die on.
I will be doing the same.
I have waited this long
I can wait another week.

Reactions: Sam

Chris T

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Holy crap - who put those on???
I really hope that is a temporary solution as you can still see the factory original round indent. The final fitting is meant to have the grey plastic mount replaced with one that is shaped to the cat6 indicator.

This is how they are supposed to look...
View attachment 7828113
Yes it is a temporary solution. I’d be still waiting for my car otherwise.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No certain proof, but I had the discussion with my dealer and it seemed that what was going to happen. INEOS and the dealer will have no problem selling any of these cars. Once a car is made and in country they will sell like hotcakes.

Local time
12:45 AM
Reaction score
No certain proof, but I had the discussion with my dealer and it seemed that what was going to happen. INEOS and the dealer will have no problem selling any of these cars. Once a car is made and in country they will sell like hotcakes.
On the 10th November 2022 at 2.23 hrs, Ineos issued a statement to all those who had orders in place saying any price increase would not affect current orders. They stated as follows " Since you have already placed your order, your price will remain unchanged" Thats pretty clear to me. They went on to say the increased price would only affect "new orders from 9th November 2022".

Mules

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:15 PM
Reaction score
Well mine finally arrived at the Canberra agent this week (without having made any payment to release it from port!?).

Looks like it's spent 9 months sitting outside enjoying the European weather... oh wait, it has!

VIN 0011XX

Sincerely hope any other early hand raisers lay eyes on their steeds soon.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On the 10th November 2022 at 2.23 hrs, Ineos issued a statement to all those who had orders in place saying any price increase would not affect current orders. They stated as follows " Since you have already placed your order, your price will remain unchanged" Thats pretty clear to me. They went on to say the increased price would only affect "new orders from 9th November 2022".
I am talking about cancelled orders that are then sold to someone else.

Anyone going through with the purchase has a guaranteed price.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Just for the record , the early adoption $ saving pays for the de-lay

Reserved 14.10.21, Ordered 18.5.22
Contract signed 14.3.23
Found out in May car was actually built January and in "batch and hold"

Phone call to say car would be "here" end of July 23

99.7% funds transferred 31.8.23,

Phone call to say pickup car Sept 7. Insurance paid, lump sum.
Phone call to say error code on test drive Sept 7
Saw car in person Sept 8; told about leak into glovebox , "drain issue"
Today is Sept 29.
Called agent : "awaiting sunroof drains." No ETA.

Quicker for me to fly to Europe and pick up some drains? Farken!

Back
Top Bottom