The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Front drive shaft broken

Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
quick response from Teraflex.
"Unfortunately, we do not have a design for that model of vehicle and will not be manufacturing one."
Disappointing.
Ok. Well. Take the shop dwgs for each to a fabricator and be the guy that sells an adapter plate for the Jeep driveshafts.

Local time
Reaction score
quick response from Teraflex.
"Unfortunately, we do not have a design for that model of vehicle and will not be manufacturing one."
Disappointing.
Oops, too late. someone did it in post 58.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
Or ones with a replaced transfer case, maybe the action of removing the driveshaft necessitates a new circlip before refitting ?
That’s a good question?

Reactions: PBD

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:30 AM
Reaction score
Not that it is anything more than a bandaid , but has anyone used a kevlar "boot" over these joints? Do they even exist? I bought the rear spring airbags with kevlar sleeves to reduce the risk of abrasion/puncture.
Of course it does nothing to address the engineering problem with lifted vehicles.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
Another front drive shaft bites the dust.

From Facebook today…. Yeah I won’t be lifting mine with stock driveshafts anytime soon…..
When I said 2 over the weekend, I included this one. Their post was more a whine about the tow service plan. On Saturday, they posted looking for a shaft.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
So for the failures we know about - do we know the conditions at the point of failure? Pavement/trail? High speed/low? Easy dirt / hard climb? Open / locked?

Local time
Reaction score
So for the failures we know about - do we know the conditions at the point of failure? Pavement/trail? High speed/low? Easy dirt / hard climb? Open / locked?
Honestly, at this point does it really matter? Heavier tires and lifts place greater stress on the driveline, and we now know 2"s and 35's will do it. Swapping the front shaft is now part of the lift, or you're tossing dice. If you've already lifted, you have a BOAT, so Break Out Another Thousand. Frankly, even with that addition, cost is still in line or cheaper than most to alter. For 35's on a 463 G, you're into it for 4-5 thousand.

Back
Top Bottom