The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Elliot Bay Thread

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:18 AM
Reaction score
I did not comb through the WA laws, but if you buy a car outside of WA, will you still pay sales tax on the vehicle upon registration in your home state?

In NJ, car sales tax is NJs rate regardless if the car was purchased in a different state. But you only pay sales tax once - so for me, I’m buying the truck in Pa, but will not be paying any Pa sales tax - just what NJ would receive had the car been purchased in NJ.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:18 AM
Reaction score
I believe that to be the case... RTA tax is a killer... every year...
I'm east side, so I can at least avoid the RTA, right? So looks like I'm 1.45% more than what I would pay at home. So surprises so far, more in taxes, assumption that delivery was included in the MSRP, driving farther into Seattle than I hoped and my own price creep of adding leather and safari windows.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did not comb through the WA laws, but if you buy a car outside of WA, will you still pay sales tax on the vehicle upon registration in your home state?

In NJ, car sales tax is NJs rate regardless if the car was purchased in a different state. But you only pay sales tax once - so for me, I’m buying the truck in Pa, but will not be paying any Pa sales tax - just what NJ would receive had the car been purchased in NJ.
So having purchased a car in Idaho and living in WA state, the Idaho dealer collected my WA state taxes and WA state use tax from me at time of purchase. They did not charge me any Idaho tax. This is my sample size of 1.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So having purchased a car in Idaho and living in WA state, the Idaho dealer collected my WA state taxes and WA state use tax from me at time of purchase. They did not charge me any Idaho tax. This is my sample size of 1.
That's exactly how it will be for me too - my PA dealer will collect NJ sales tax and pass it on.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to Daniel at Elliot Bay this AM, and it sounds like things are moving right along. No hard date yet of when I can expect to pick it up, but if I had to guess, I'll be flying from IAD to SEA in the week or two following the holiday.

I finally got to drive one at the dealer near Philadelphia and there were no surprises. Yes, the steering will take a moment to get used to & it seems the HVAC controls may need some fine tuning.

On the subject of USB ports, I do not find it lacking. I have no plans for significant long term second row passengers, so the USB A & USB C in the rear are perfect for front seat passengers - leaving the two in the cubby (plus 12 v socket) mine to use. I also was glad to see the dual 110 outlets, which will be handy.

I expect to make as much use of the under seat storage as possible, having already taken possession of one of the grenadier.parts under seat bags, which houses a Melville & Moon tool roll with a fist full of ratcheting wrenches, pliers and screw drivers. There is a small craftsman 1/4 in socket set, a craftsman 3/8 socket set (metric and torx), extension and wrench, Midland radio and flashlight. A set of gloves will top it off.
1000011048.jpg1000011047.jpg

I'd like for there to be more storage in the vehicle that is driver accessible - but it seems this was overlooked in the design process. Perhaps in the 2.0. my only other issue was that the ignition cylinder felt a little flimsy, but I'm sure it will be fine.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
... my only other issue was that the ignition cylinder felt a little flimsy, but I'm sure it will be fine.
I agree - it's weird; it almost felt like it was digital - on or off. There wasn't any "resistance" to turning it.

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Talked with Elliott Bay yesterday, and today (11/22). It seems several people have received the email from Ineos Automotive this morning "...release your Grenadier to your delivering dealer as soon as possible". In my discussion with my EB representative, he said, "...they are waiting for transports and Grenadiers will show up 8 at a time with a total this round of approximately 35 vehicles". What is more, EB has been working very diligently on all the training requirements and preparedness for their personnel.

Note: Only 43 miles from the Port of Tacoma to Elliott Bay Ineos Grenadier. If the trucks leave now, it will arrive in approximately 49 minutes. ;)

I think it's going down very soon... super excited. :) Happy Thanksgiving to all...

Last edited:

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Talked with Elliott Bay yesterday, and today (11/22). It seems several people have received the email from Ineos Automotive this morning "...release your Grenadier to your delivering dealer as soon as possible". In my discussion with my EB representative, he said, "...they are waiting for transports and Grenadiers will show up 8 at a time with a total this round of approximately 35 vehicles". What is more, EB has been working very diligently on all the training requirements and preparedness for their personnel.

Note: Only 43 miles from the Port of Tacoma to Elliott Bay Ineos Grenadier. If the trucks leave now, it will arrive in approximately 49 minutes. ;)

I think it's going down very soon... super excited. :) Happy Thanksgiving to the all...
IMG_8773.jpeg

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sacha Baron Cohen Yes GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got this today... "Your anticipated delivery of your INEOS Grenadier, is slated for 11/23. Once your vehicle makes it through the Port, then on to our dealership for customization and final assembly. I'm truly excited as I'm sure you are, I will most certainly update every step of the way"

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Got this today... "Your anticipated delivery of your INEOS Grenadier, is slated for 11/23. Once your vehicle makes it through the Port, then on to our dealership for customization and final assembly. I'm truly excited as I'm sure you are, I will most certainly update every step of the way"
Hi Bruce, Congratulations! It's getting closer for sure.
If I may ask, is this note from EB? Did you order the tow package? Just trying to estimate arrival timing. Thank you so much. :)

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Bruce, Congratulations! It's getting closer for sure.
If I may ask, is this note from EB? Did you order the tow package? Just trying to estimate arrival timing. Thank you so much. :)
It is from my rep at EB and I did spec the tow package.

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone got any update? Last I heard was the vehicles are at the Port.
Nothing yet... my last contact was Friday. EB had not received any (zero) Grenadiers as of Friday afternoon (11/24). My rep said, he was working all weekend and would text me as soon as the truck pulled in, but no text.

Moreover, I'm thinking this week for sure there will be a delivery. I was told 8 Grenadiers per truck by the rep. EB is super excited as well, and waiting patiently. 🙂

I feel like I'm going to get a call any minute now. 🤞

Last edited:

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm working this week and fly out Friday. Knowing my luck they'll probably ask me to come in on Saturday.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Waiting with baited breath for sure - if all works out, I plan to fly out on 12/8 - but need to know there's a truck there for me when I arrive.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told yesterday there was no need to come in this week for a trade in estimate because the market value changes so fast. Hopes for November delivery fading fast.

G-Tank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was told yesterday there was no need to come in this week for a trade in estimate because the market value changes so fast. Hopes for November delivery fading fast.
Did they mention where we are in the process and what's the hold up?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did they mention where we are in the process and what's the hold up?
Nope. Just that they will keep me in the loop. I don't think they have delivered any yet but when that happens I will know the time is soon. I ordered the tow pack so that may be part of my delay.

Back
Top Bottom