The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Elliot Bay Thread

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
Stopped by EB to test drive the Grenadier again (11/29), and to ask a few questions regarding delivery schedules, service and maintenance (how, where, etc.); general after sales care. I was told the vehicles are still at the Port of Tacoma. There are no updates or information on vehicle deliveries, yet.

Service and maintenance will happen in a back building. I wanted to see the service/maintenance area - you can learn a lot about an organization by looking at how they perform work. Also, yesterday, Ineos Corporate Grenadier service folks performed on-site training.

Pallets of dealer installed-accessories (parts) have been arriving. Also, the removed tow package parts will be gathered up at the port and delivered to EB for later installation, once the fix has been implemented.

Dealer preparedness continues and they are super excited for the vehicle arrival. And want us to get our vehicles! There have been many test drives and interest from new customers resulting new vehicle orders - yay! The demonstrator vehicles are going to be used at some upcoming events for marketing, etc.

Second test drive: The TM MM Grenadier (#3339) now has 900+ miles. It feels better, the second time with more miles on the clock. The heater worked great. City and light freeway driving was no problem. I was more at ease with the Grenadier, which is engaging and fun to drive. It drove perfectly. It's a very peaceful vehicle ... maybe because it's so overbuilt.

You could easily use this vehicle as a work truck or take it on a major expedition. It's pretty cool to say the least. Lastly, I was curious about the fuel requirements. The sticker grade range was from 91-87 octane. I'm sure 91 premium is the preferred choice, but there was small print about 87 octane.

The wait continues... :)

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Also, yesterday, Ineos Corporate Grenadier service folks performed on-site training.
I wonder if this training was required before they started releasing trucks to the dealer.

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if this training was required before they started releasing trucks to the dealer.
I think the technician training was a pre-requisite for vehicle release. Along with other items. There must be a "dealer readiness checklist" requirement for Ineos approval (sign-off) prior to vehicle deliveries.

It's been nearly three weeks since the Morning Chant docked (11/12); vehicles from this shipment have been delivered to customers. Golly, the port is only 48 miles from the dealership. Ineos has not released the trucks from the port.

Update (12/1): From EBIG sales, no trucks yet. Sales folks are closely monitoring and will reach out at first sighting :)

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Sparo I was in yesterday to take some measurements and they said they should receive 40 trucks in the coming weeks and are ready to go when they arrive.

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
@Sparo I was in yesterday to take some measurements and they said they should receive 40 trucks in the coming weeks and are ready to go when they arrive.
Thanks Bruce for the amplifying information. Appreciate the confirmation for inbound vehicles (n=40+). Fingers crossed...

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Update (12/2): Elliott Bay received an update from corporate saying there will be delay on deliveries. EB doesn't know why or what it means. No estimates on times.

I drove down to the port of tacoma this morning to look around. Tons of Kia's, etc., but no Grenadiers that I could see.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:30 PM
Reaction score
Thank you for the update - I had previously planned on flying out there on the 8th, but looks like I'll be scratching that plan.

If there's one upside - it gives Ineos more time to deliver in the promised service network

Last edited:

Knysna

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Frustrating….
Update (12/2): Elliott Bay received an update from corporate saying there will be delay on deliveries. EB doesn't know why or what it means. No estimates on times.

I drove down to the port of tacoma this morning to look around. Tons of Kia's, etc., but no Grenadiers that I could see.
Frustrating …

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Update (12/6): Called EB this evening to check in. Super polite and professional conversation. :) No vehicles have arrived at the dealership, yet. All vehicles are still at the Port of Tacoma. Dealership is eagerly awaiting the first arrivals. No comms from Ineos.

The wait continues... :coffee:

Last edited:

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On a positive note... Last time I was in I was told they have an employee dedicated to planning events and training for Grenadier owners. They really sounded excited about getting us out there to explore the capability of the trucks. For now, I'd imagine the capabilities of my safari windows and door seals are getting put through their paces with all the rain.

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
On a positive note... Last time I was in I was told they have an employee dedicated to planning events and training for Grenadier owners. They really sounded excited about getting us out there to explore the capability of the trucks. For now, I'd imagine the capabilities of my safari windows and door seals are getting put through their paces with all the rain.
Thank you :)

Agree, the dealership is really coming alive with Grenadier focused personnel and marketing. We actually went on our second test drive with the person hired for the events. Off-road expert and knowledgable. He was telling us about some of the up coming activities being discussed and planned. It sounds fun.

You're right about the safari window "test" over the last few days, it's been a soaker for sure... 🌦️ real world test beyond the factory. :)

JATT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I received a call from the dealership manager yesterday stating they are still waiting for the cars to show up once the customs are cleared. No fixed date yet.
But they are all set and ready for PDI and deliveries !!

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just got a call from EB - they have received their first two trucks, one black - one blue.

ih8mud

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to get an insurance quote/coverage yet? I'm working with Travelers right now and they are having to run it up the upper management flagpole to get coverage.

From ebm this morning:
Good Morning, I am thinking we should be able to set up delivery Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Will no more moving forward. Do you have a preference?

Back
Top Bottom