The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Elliot Bay Thread

312Haleiwa

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:34 PM
Reaction score
I talked to EB Motors and they said it will be based on King County (Dealership), which is 10.55%.
I have bought cars from other States and always paid taxes for where I register it. This is NEW !!
I have purchased from EB before and live outside King county. King county tax was charged at time of purchase and once I registered the car to my home address, a refund of the difference was sent to me.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I talked to EB Motors and they said it will be based on King County (Dealership), which is 10.55%.
I have bought cars from other States and always paid taxes for where I register it. This is NEW !!
This doesn't seem correct. You should pay the taxes where you register it, based on zip code.

G-Tank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have purchased from EB before and live outside King county. King county tax was charged at time of purchase and once I registered the car to my home address, a refund of the difference was sent to me.
That's promising. There is more than $2000+ difference.

This doesn't seem correct. You should pay the taxes where you register it, based on zip code.
This is what the EB rep told me !!

Also, the Cars are still at the port and EB doesn't know when will they be trucked over to them.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's promising. There is more than $2000+ difference.

This is what the EB rep told me !!

Also, the Cars are still at the port and EB doesn't know when will they be trucked over to them.
I asked today and they haven't heard anything and can't order parts yet. Still looking for the best aftermarket floor mat and step options but would love to know what the Ineos parts cost as add ons not specced at order time before deciding.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
I asked today and they haven't heard anything and can't order parts yet. Still looking for the best aftermarket floor mat and step options but would love to know what the Ineos parts cost as add ons not specced at order time before deciding.
I imagine we'll be a week or so behind the folks who are hearing from Regal. That works for me - ideal pick up for my timeline would be ~ Dec 8/9

G-Tank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think EB could just throw away free Mats and Tints in the deal. That is pretty basic for an Auto purchase !!

Last edited:

G-Tank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
From the 1st batch that's landed in Tacoma, who all is getting a Fieldmaster (FM) and Trialmaster (TM) and which color?

I ordered a FM, Black on Black !!

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
WA state is somewhat unique in that it charges a vehicle sales tax regardless if you register it within the state or not. This has been my understanding since moving back to the south sound area.

For this reason, I opted to have my Grenadier delivered to OR. I will be registering in FL so the WA tax scheme made zero sense for me.

chtucker

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I believe it's based on where you register the car. I bought my BMW in Bellevue and paid Seattle tax.
You will pay the sales tax of Elliot Bay Motors.. sale transaction happens in Seattle.

Knysna

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So far nothing but a professional experience for me. Build 9455, reservation Sept 29, 2021. I’m expecting my truck before the end of the year. Unloaded Tacoma 11/12/23. Good to hear no mark ups. They also told no fees to install any accessories which I was happy to hear.

chtucker

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Do we get a refund of taxes if we register in a different county (Whatcom county) ?
Nope... sales tax is based on the where the item is delivered. Hence why there are a lot of car dealers in Puyallup and Skagit, to take a bit of the sales tax burden off/make those dealerships more competitive. Registration and RTA taxes are based on where you live.

Last edited:

chtucker

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

jessejames

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
It actually varies by state and it's a little bit all over the place. It's also not too unusual to see a state have specific provisions that only apply to a particular state with which they share a border. You need to look at the law of the state where your dealer is located.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you, that's what I have been looking for. So my confusion/misunderstanding was why the were asking my home zip, not for tax purposes, but registration purposes. The dealers I've purchased from have always implied tax reasons and I'm sure just bundled the wording all together to include tax, title and license. So Elliot Bay tax rate 10.55% including the use tax?

chtucker

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
It actually varies by state and it's a little bit all over the place. It's also not too unusual to see a state have specific provisions that only apply to a particular state with which they share a border. You need to look at the law of the state where your dealer is located.
Except that this is a thread from a Dealer in Seattle... so its pretty clear that Washington State laws apply... I don't even think an out of state buyer could get around the sales tax. They might get a sales tax credit in their home state though (and I can't imagine another state having high enough sales tax to make a difference).

chtucker

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you, that's what I have been looking for. So my confusion/misunderstanding was why the were asking my home zip, not for tax purposes, but registration purposes. The dealers I've purchased from have always implied tax reasons and I'm sure just bundled the wording all together to include tax, title and license. So Elliot Bay tax rate 10.55% including the use tax?
I believe that to be the case... RTA tax is a killer... every year...

Back
Top Bottom