The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Elliot Bay Thread

ih8mud

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
People buy G Wagons and they are another 100k more.
Ran into a G wagon guy at the Whole Foods (Seattle) parking lot yesterday, we got to talking about the Ineos. His only question was about the cost, when I told him $80k his response was "what a great deal"..:ROFLMAO:

chtucker

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
Test drove yesterday and for sure they’re an awesome vehicle! I really do not see how they’re gonna charge 105k and expect many people other than us “core” group of defender loyalists to buy them. It’s not going to be for everyone and being double what a land cruiser is and 5-30k more than a defender there might be some issues with sales.

I walked away thinking wow… we owe ineos for making this car because it doesn’t belong here at this time. It’s a very very special car for sure and I REALLY wish it would have been an option in the 90’s early 2000’s as that’s what it competes against best.
I am right at $78, base, rough pack, rock rails, and f&r seat covers. $105k is adding ALL and I mean ALL the options

Tjhappel

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I am right at $78, base, rough pack, rock rails, and f&r seat covers. $105k is adding ALL and I mean ALL the options
and 78k for a base vehicle and by base it’s BASE in a way only defender people love. I hope they do great! Very thankful for someone to fish his fortune on a car for like minded people. effective altruism working

RMLC?

Production/Transit
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
try 6200002325 ... Like Bruce said, there is a ton of info in the other thread, but this will lead you the Morning Chant. :)
Here comes the Morning Chant. She just rounded Pt Robinson and be in Commencement Bay in minutes. A good sight for you lucky folks with Grenadiers aboard.

Attachments

• 20231112_134116.jpg
    20231112_134116.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 21

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here comes the Morning Chant. She just rounded Pt Robinson and be in Commencement Bay in minutes. A good sight for you lucky folks with Grenadiers aboard.
I was joking with my kids about going to watch for it from Golden Gardens but we had family in town and they wouldn’t be as excited as I am.

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Hi RMLC,

My wife and I just got back from Manchester Park and watched the Morning Chant pass. Took pictures and videos. I dead-reckoned the track from a current position and we sighted the ship just passing Bainbridge Island (12:36pm). It was super cool. Your picture is much better. :)

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was joking with my kids about going to watch for it from Golden Gardens but we had family in town and they wouldn’t be as excited as I am.
I drove by the train "depot" where my F150 was dropped off. I'm all for driving to Seattle to see ship come in.

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Called Elliott Bay to let them know the ship (Morning Chant) is the process of docking. Received a text back from Patrick, he's on top of things and is ready to pass on any new information to us. EB has been very responsive. (y)(y)

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone got any update or heard anything from the Dealer?
Just talked with Elliot Bay, after getting my insurance quote.

There's no news yet on Grenadiers arrival. They're thinking 30 vehicles will be coming to their dealership. On Sunday, I was told end of November, which is pretty soon. I think the newness of this vehicle to the US market is presenting some challenges: finance? leasing? Insurance?, etc.? EBA hired three new people to help with the Grenadier, which is great.

I can't see these cars sitting in a busy port parking lot for large lengths of time, right?

G-Tank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just talked with Elliot Bay, after getting my insurance quote.

There's no news yet on Grenadiers arrival. They're thinking 30 vehicles will be coming to their dealership. On Sunday, I was told end of November, which is pretty soon. I think the newness of this vehicle to the US market is presenting some challenges: finance? leasing? Insurance?, etc.? EBA hired three new people to help with the Grenadier, which is great.

I can't see these cars sitting in a busy port parking lot for large lengths of time, right?
Thanks for the update. I think the port is pretty close to the dealership as well.

I hope they figure it out soon before the end of the year push to register the vehicles in 2023 !!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
What was your insurance quote?

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I think the port is pretty close to the dealership as well.

I hope they figure it out soon before the end of the year push to register the vehicles in 2023 !!
Thank you. Yes, the dealership is only 50 minutes away. :)

Sparo

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
What was your insurance quote?
$200 every 6 months. Can't be totally correct, but that was the quote to add the vehicle (full coverage) today. I think the premium would adjust once there is more information or data. It seems too low right now. :)

G-Tank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For King county WA (EB Motors), is the Sales Tax 10.55% instead of the 6.5 for WA state?
Anyone have any clarity on what tax will be applied if we buy it from King County and live elsewhere?

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:37 AM
Reaction score
For King county WA (EB Motors), is the Sales Tax 10.55% instead of the 6.5 for WA state?
Anyone have any clarity on what tax will be applied if we buy it from King County and live elsewhere?
I'm asking the same question about where I buy it in CA - tax difference is about $3K from where the dealer is to where I live.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I believe it's based on where you register the car. I bought my BMW in Bellevue and paid Seattle tax.

G-Tank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm asking the same question about where I buy it in CA - tax difference is about $3K from where the dealer is to where I live.
I believe it's based on where you register the car. I bought my BMW in Bellevue and paid Seattle tax.

I talked to EB Motors and they said it will be based on King County (Dealership), which is 10.55%.
I have bought cars from other States and always paid taxes for where I register it. This is NEW !!

Back
Top Bottom