The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

DIY halogen aux lights...no-cut

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

Some help from the community is requested - pretty please!

I have installed the Baja Off-Road Lights and they are awesome. Initially I have installed them using the 25Amp auxiliary power feed under the bonnet switched by EXT5. As I also wired them in using a relay switched by the power to the "old" OEM lights they come on with high beam so long as the aux light button is pressed along with EXT5. Upon reflection it would be better not to use EXT5 but to power the relay directly from a fused connection to power. As per the photos below I would like to use one of the +ve poles of the device in the attached photo but would like community advice prior to doing this. By the way the Baja lights are brilliant (literally) but beware that the labelling of "drivers side" and "passenger side" are incorrect for right hand drive markets and if followed will result in a car that looks cross-eyed!

The install took awhile (6 hours) with the removal and replacement of around 48 bolts including forgetting which bolts went where, having to remove the UHF ariel on the roo bar, dropping bolts into inaccessible places, removal of roo bar etc. etc. but the lights are worth the hassle.

The first photo is for context of the location under bonnet, the second is the device in question.
Under Bonnet.jpg
What is this.jpg

Of course I could refer to the online 3D manual and wiring diagram....if it existed.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have installed the Baja Off-Road Lights and they are awesome. Initially I have installed them using the 25Amp auxiliary power feed under the bonnet switched by EXT5. As I also wired them in using a relay switched by the power to the "old" OEM lights they come on with high beam so long as the aux light button is pressed along with EXT5. Upon reflection it would be better not to use EXT5 but to power the relay directly from a fused connection to power. As per the photos below I would like to use one of the +ve poles of the device in the attached photo but would like community advice prior to doing this. By the way the Baja lights are brilliant (literally) but beware that the labelling of "drivers side" and "passenger side" are incorrect for right hand drive markets and if followed will result in a car that looks cross-eyed!

The install took awhile (6 hours) with the removal and replacement of around 48 bolts including forgetting which bolts went where, having to remove the UHF ariel on the roo bar, dropping bolts into inaccessible places, removal of roo bar etc. etc. but the lights are worth the hassle.

The first photo is for context of the location under bonnet, the second is the device in question.
View attachment 7864375View attachment 7864376
Of course I could refer to the online 3D manual and wiring diagram....if it existed.
I have a feeling it's the winch fuse, from memory it has been mentioned previously

TinTin2023

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

View attachment 7864375View attachment 7864376
Hi Korg,

I just stumbled across your question and was wondering if anyone could give us some tips or point us to a similar thread as I'm about to do a similar setup with different lights.

I would need to find a place where I can connect two relays (12V 40Amp fuse) to the battery + and - as well to the grill light switch somewhere in the engine bay.

If you're wondering why two relays are used, it's because the manufacturer suggests two use 1 relay for two lights and I end up with 4.

Thanks and best regards

Back
Top Bottom