The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Deutsch DTP plugs

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
My Deutsche plugs just arrived.
The wire is thin, so there maybe issues getting a decent crimp on an Anderson lug. Remember the maximum rated capacity is 25 amps for the roof circuits.

No idea whether there is spare cable you can pull from inside the roof.

It would be easier to use Deutsch DTP plugs, than changing over to Anderson plugs in the roof. I would not cut off perfectly good Deutsch DTP plugs unless I had a good reason.

Plus many brands of LED camp lights or Lightbars use Deutsch plugs on their lights (mostly DT style plugs from what have seen).
my Deutsche DTP plugs have just arrived. Will be making up some Deutsche -Anderson and Deutsche- cigarette socket style adapters

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
As the owners handbook says fuse F113 is a spare (air compressor/ dust gun). It’s 40A fuse and the cable it supplies is permanently live. I tested with all switches off and ignition off 👍🏼
Here is the wiring setup for the footwell wires. In short, they are wired to the switches in the aerial panel and through the fuse box. The footwell wire is bare.

So what are those bare wires in the battery compartment? One suggestion here.
f

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My Deutsche plugs just arrived.

my Deutsche DTP plugs have just arrived. Will be making up some Deutsche -Anderson and Deutsche- cigarette socket style adapters
Fingers x'd they have sorted out the power to the Nato plug...or lack of that is. :)

Local time
10:40 PM
Reaction score
Don’t shoot me but I have read through this subject and wanted to ask if someone would post step by step instructions and/or a YouTube or other video showing the proper way to assemble these connectors to any lot of accessories?

i apologize if I’m lacking on this subject. Thanks.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don’t shoot me but I have read through this subject and wanted to ask if someone would post step by step instructions and/or a YouTube or other video showing the proper way to assemble these connectors to any lot of accessories?

i apologize if I’m lacking on this subject. Thanks.
Look at the videos here and here.

The videos use Deutsch DT plugs, but it is easy to apply what they do to Deutsch DTP plugs.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
Here is the wiring setup for the footwell wires. In short, they are wired to the switches in the aerial panel and through the fuse box. The footwell wire is bare.

So what are those bare wires in the battery compartment? One suggestion here.
Why are you calling it a suggestion? It's been tested out and documented back to the relevant fuse. Are you still insisting these ends need wiring up to the battery?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:40 PM
Reaction score
Look at the videos here and here.

The videos use Deutsch DT plugs, but it is easy to apply what they do to Deutsch DTP plugs.
The difference between the two types of connectors are the electrical currents for which they are each designed. While Deutsch DT connectors are designed for currents up to 13 A, Deutsch DTP connectors can transmit 25 A.
I will use both types.
In the interior I will mount Deutsch sockets in the front and in the back, so that I can connect different electrical devices at any time and not only a USB socket. As soon as I have all the tools and parts, I will start and send pictures. I have already dismantled the trim for a while. I had once posted here somewhere when I showed the outlets in the footwells and the engine bay. @Jean Mercier has already done that in the meantime too.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The difference between the two types of connectors are the electrical currents for which they are each designed. While Deutsch DT connectors are designed for currents up to 13 A, Deutsch DTP connectors can transmit 25 A.
I will use both types.
Yes I am aware of that, as I wrote most of this thread and noted this above.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:40 PM
Reaction score
Is there anyway at all to change these plugs into regular US three prog plugs to run 110v applications? I’d really like to be able to run a shop fan or portable high wattage fishing lights.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is there anyway at all to change these plugs into regular US three prog plugs to run 110v applications? I’d really like to be able to run a shop fan or portable high wattage fishing lights.
Just via an inverter? I saw a 110V plug on the new GS550 Lexus - I assume that has a low capacity onboard inverter similar to what the LC300 has.
Wouldn't a good quality 12v led set up (run from the aux battery) work just as well as a 110v anyway?

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Short answer is no, long answer is that you could, but you will need to put an inverter between it and the battery to convert to 110v from 12v. You will also need to be careful how many amps you are drawing as the wiring is only set up for 10-25amps depending which circuit.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Short answer is no, long answer is that you could, but you will need to put an inverter between it and the battery to convert to 110v from 12v. You will also need to be careful how many amps you are drawing as the wiring is only set up for 10-25amps depending which circuit.
you will also find the wiring isn't rated for 110v ac
it would be very dangerous

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
you will also find the wiring isn't rated for 110v ac
it would be very dangerous
My electrical knowledge is not amazing, but I would have thought the amp (current) is more important than the voltage, but I could be wrong on that. Either way not something I would do. Although I guess based on Ohm’s law actually the current is the result of the voltage divided by the resistance so the critical factor will actually be the resistance of the wiring in the circuit.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My electrical knowledge is not amazing, but I would have thought the amp (current) is more important than the voltage, but I could be wrong on that. Either way not something I would do. Although I guess based on Ohm’s law actually the current is the result of the voltage divided by the resistance so the critical factor will actually be the resistance of the wiring in the circuit.
The insulation thickness is rated to stop the voltage from shorting to earth
It is a little bit like wall thickness and material on water pipes.
A garden hose doesn't have to withstand much pressure but a pressure washer hose does.
12Vdc doesn't need very thick insulation but 110Vac does as does 240v AC
the AC wires are usually double insulated as well and have an active an a neutral rather than a +ve and earth.
Typical auto cable is only rated up to 60V max and many may only be rated to 48V DC
Not sure what voltage the Deutsche plugs are rated to

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The insulation thickness is rated to stop the voltage from shorting to earth
It is a little bit like wall thickness and material on water pipes.
A garden hose doesn't have to withstand much pressure but a pressure washer hose does.
12Vdc doesn't need very thick insulation but 110Vac does as does 240v AC
the AC wires are usually double insulated as well and have an active an a neutral rather than a +ve and earth.
Typical auto cable is only rated up to 60V max and many may only be rated to 48V DC
Not sure what voltage the Deutsche plugs are rated to
25amp I believe

Back
Top Bottom