The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Deutsch DTP plugs

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
I have never seen the volt rating, but they were designed for automotive and marine use using DC power, not AC power. I only use them for 12 volts.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed, but I only have 12 volts! No 24 or 48 volt toys or devices.
@TheDocAUS.. me neither! 😉
However I've noted that there has been a steady increase in the availability of 24v/48v fridges/microwaves etc for the motorhome and high-end caravan market.... first things first: take delivery of one Trialmaster !!😄

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My first two DTP projects. Learnt a bit, definitely understand why the closed pins are preferred but Will do what I want.
IMG_4268.jpegIMG_4267.jpeg

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can you elaborate?
It’s just hard to get a neat closure even with the right tool on the open pins, particularly the small bits that go around the insulation, that then means you need to manually tidy them up to get through the insulation into the body of the plug. But managed to make it all work.

I made a deutsche to double cigarette socket adapter and a deutsche to Anderson plug adapter

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For the Anderson plug I used 4mm rated to 25Amps, it’s probably the heaviest you could use with the DTP pins. The cigarette plug ones came with the plug, but it’s slightly lighter guage maybe 3mm?

Reactions: beg

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:34 AM
Reaction score
It’s just hard to get a neat closure even with the right tool on the open pins, particularly the small bits that go around the insulation,
I had the luxury of installing these for a custom product we used to sell - every 6-monthis I'd install a dozen plugs. The trick is to slightly preset the insulation tabs before crimping. Use a crimper jaw one size too large for the pin, and only compress enough to start the insulation tabs to bend. Next procede as normal...

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:34 AM
Reaction score
The cable ends available in the footwells have only 1.5 mm2. This is the bottleneck. Connecting cables with a larger diameter makes no sense in this case.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The cable ends available in the footwells have only 1.5 mm2. This is the bottleneck. Connecting cables with a larger diameter makes no sense in this case.
Mine are intended for the roof fittings.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Andrew, do you know what type of connectors are in the external outlets? Are they DT2?
@TheDocAUS has provided a lot of detail if you read back through this thread, they are Deutsch DTP. The ones I posted in that picture are actually wrong, I have since replaced with DTP

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Andrew, do you know what type of connectors are in the external outlets? Are they DT2?
This post has all the correct technical details, click here. @AnD3rew is correct Deutsch DTP plugs on the roof of the INEOS if you chose the aux power option.

There is an INEOS DTP kit available from Connector Tech ALS (in the supplied link towards the bottom of the post). Or click here.

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This post has all the correct technical details, click here. @AnD3rew is correct Deutsch DTP plugs on the roof of the INEOS if you chose the aux power option.

There is an INEOS DTP kit available from Connector Tech ALS (in the supplied link towards the bottom of the post). Or click here.
Thanks TheDocAUS. i did get the aux power outlets and want to get some plugs and a good crimping tool.

Back
Top Bottom