The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

DaveB Vehicle Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:17 AM
Reaction score
Take heart - at least it’s been made 😉
We just signed the contract on the sale of our house.
It took 7 months to sell and we got exactly $1 Million less than they said we would before the world went crazy.
$1 Million we never had so we never lost it.
Settles on 6th October.
looks like I can now pay cash for my Grenadier again.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:17 PM
Reaction score
We just signed the contract on the sale of our house.
It took 7 months to sell and we got exactly $1 Million less than they said we would before the world went crazy.
$1 Million we never had so we never lost it.
Settles on 6th October.
looks like I can now pay cash for my Grenadier again.
Prices up there were spruiked so hard by lying agents it makes me still laugh. My old man was told the 'same' thing that his house could sell for XXXXXXXXXX dollars and yet the highest price achieved even at peak in his Sub was $90K less than what the door knocking agent was saying, and that top value sale was for a house with 2x extra bedrooms and double the land!

I am glad you got cash and that is also what we are doing - cash for Gren! No debt! Means we can spend more on 'addons' and not feel guilty!

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Please explain ?
Edit. 10.7 kn so I guess Devonport, would that be right? Bit radical?
Traviata.png

Last edited:

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe they have worked outs it’s quicker to drop the cars off In Devonport, and then put them back on one of the two smaller freight RoRo’s that dock everyday at their own designated dock in Melbourne. Great idea.

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe they have worked outs it’s quicker to drop the cars off In Devonport, and then put them back on one of the two smaller freight RoRo’s that dock everyday at their own designated dock in Melbourne. Great idea.
Yes agreed. Not just the direct cost of any delay but what this would do to future schedules for Traviata customers. Going to be interesting as to what comes next?

HT

Local time
1:17 PM
Reaction score
Gee I hope this is correct.

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So where goes Traviata today?

VesselFinder says at 6:42 am underway at 8.9 kn and 349.5° and I guess 40 nm north of Devonport

What a tease, hey give up and just go to Brisbane eh @DaveB ?

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So where goes Traviata today?

VesselFinder says at 6:42 am underway at 8.9 kn and 349.5° and I guess 40 nm north of Devonport

What a tease, hey give up and just go to Brisbane eh @DaveB ?
It looks like Melbourne is so congested that they are starting to ask vessels to “park and wait” over near Tasmania. There are currently 5 RoRo’s just north of Devonport waiting to get into the Port of Melbourne.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It looks like Melbourne is so congested that they are starting to ask vessels to “park and wait” over near Tasmania. There are currently 5 RoRo’s just north of Devonport waiting to get into the Port of Melbourne.
nah - 5 days of super strong north winds are pushing all the ships to Tassie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom