The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Curry Ineos Grenadier of Danbury (previously Thread for the Tri State Dealer as yet unannounced)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:21 PM
Reaction score
I'm hoping the actual rates will be more the former. I have not called my insurance company thus far because I'm pretty sure they will ask for a VIN but seeing other people's numbers helps. Although NJ has the shittiest car ins rates on the planet so it could be scary.

Last edited:

Drausch1976

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was too. Will get whoever will cover and then ship it after a couple months when other companies have it in their system.

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oof. I just called NJ Manufacturers Insurance where I have insurance for four vehicles and two houses. Quoted me $2965/yr. Insane. Clean driving record. No accidents. Ineos is not in their system. Asked me a bunch of qualifying questions about the kind of vehicle it is and it’s features.

Drausch1976

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Seems par. I also got a quote from Cincinnati insurance which I have a homeowners policy with and they came in at $2500. I think we all will have to bite the bullet for 3-6months and then will have plenty of options once the rig is in their data base. NBD. Just want to have it insured when I drive it off the lot in December.

Local time
Reaction score
I am in CT and I also use Cincinnati. Thanks for the data point. I am going to call my agent and see if he can get the Cincinnati to look at this a little closer. We have a RR and a Porsche and I don’t think they charge that much for any of those cars. I don’t really look at the bill very closely but that does seem like a big number.

Drausch1976

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think it’s really from Lack of info. Not sure how the safety information gets uploaded. I told the it would be on par with a LR defender and gave them my build MSRP of $90k.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
went into GEICO’s online system and added the INEOS my current policy and it added a little over $1k for a 6 month policy in MA. Waiting on a quote from an independent agent to see what they come up with

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like the first ones for Curry Ineos are scheduled to depart the Port next Wednesday, the 22nd, 10 per day for a total of 60 to be released to them. So, it should only be a couple of weeks now until we get our hands on them.
Great news. Thanks

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like the first ones for Curry Ineos are scheduled to depart the Port next Wednesday, the 22nd, 10 per day for a total of 60 to be released to them. So, it should only be a couple of weeks now until we get our hands on them.
Did Mike call you? How did you find out?

Local time
Reaction score
I emailed him earlier today.
Thats encouraging. Did they get the full list of which car goes on which day or was it more of a general we are sending 10 cars a day starting on the 22nd until all 60 are on the way? Curious if they told you which day yours would be arriving in CT?

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thats encouraging. Did they get the full list of which car goes on which day or was it more of a general we are sending 10 cars a day starting on the 22nd until all 60 are on the way? Curious if they told you which day yours would be arriving in CT?
No, I don’t know which day mine will be trucked up to dealer. Last week they told me it was going to be in the first 13 arriving. It seems that they will know more clearly next Monday or Tuesday. Thanksgiving may interrupt or delay the handovers until the week of Monday, the 27th

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did they say they only have 60 rigs on this first boat going to Curry?
The 60 are probably the ones bound for Curry that were on the Tulane, the Patriot and possibly the Morning Lady which just arrived in Baltimore. Mine was on the Patriot that arrived on Nov. 9th.

Last edited:

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If Curry in Danbury is getting vehicles then KO in Framingham must be as well. No updates from KO yet.

Back
Top Bottom