The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Curry Ineos Grenadier of Danbury (previously Thread for the Tri State Dealer as yet unannounced)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
Morning lady??
What's she like in the evening?
Lady of the night?
Different shoes is all it takes to change her persona :ROFLMAO:

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@ RobS, thanks for flagging the ship details above. Just found mine on the Tulane which has an ETA into Baltimore tomorrow (10/31)

Mine is contrasting roof as well. I know there were other posts on delays with contrasting roofs.

I haven’t received my deposit back either so I can debunk the view that deposits are being returned once the vehicle is on a ship.
Any update from Curry on your ETA at dealer?

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nothing yet. I am going for a test drive on Saturday so hopefully I will learn more.
When I was there a couple weeks ago, Michael mentioned it was expected to take 10-20 days from arrival in Baltimore to the dealer. I'm a bit skeptical, likely be closer to a month. The Patriot with my truck arrives in Baltimore port on Thursday...

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That’s exciting. There’s a very good possibility that we’ll be taking delivery before year-end.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I was there a couple weeks ago, Michael mentioned it was expected to take 10-20 days from arrival in Baltimore to the dealer. I'm a bit skeptical, likely be closer to a month. The Patriot with my truck arrives in Baltimore port on Thursday...
One tidbit I picked up yesterday - according to my dealer, a car carrier can only haul 4 Grenadiers at a time because of how heavy they are. I’m not sure what kind of carrier he was specifically referring, but it’s something that could slow port to dealer time.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One tidbit I picked up yesterday - according to my dealer, a car carrier can only haul 4 Grenadiers at a time because of how heavy they are. I’m not sure what kind of carrier he was specifically referring, but it’s something that could slow port to dealer time.
If it's your traditional 7-8 vehicle stacker trailer, they can definitely haul more than 4 at a time. If they are being hot shotted (which could be the case given the relatively low volume), 3-4 makes sense

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This means that there isn’t much time for me to square things away on my ‘04 LR Disco before putting it up for sale. Owned it for 17 years. I’ve been trying to justify keeping it for sentimental reasons. Funny, I didn’t think I was the sentimental sort until now.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This means that there isn’t much time for me to square things away on my ‘04 LR Disco before putting it up for sale. Owned it for 17 years. I’ve been trying to justify keeping it for sentimental reasons. Funny, I didn’t think I was the sentimental sort until now.
Ha. I can’t wait to trade in my E53. Yeah it’s fun to drive but has no character.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Keep it - can't be worth that much a few k maybe? I'm keeping my 96 5sp manual and replacing the catalytic converter to keep her running. The new and the old!! Best of both worlds!

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Keep it - can't be worth that much a few k maybe? I'm keeping my 96 5sp manual and replacing the catalytic converter to keep her running. The new and the old!! Best of both worlds!
Sounds like a great truck. Wish you many more years with her.

I wish I could but I just don’t have the garage space for it. I considered keeping it at our second home on the coast for about a minute. At nearly 20 years old, it would succumb to rust in a blink of an eye.

My wife drives a ‘22 Defender 110 and my youngest son will be taking over the ‘10 LR4 that I have been using as my daily driver.

The disco was my hunting/fishing/hardware store/ and off-roading rig. Funny, I used the winch more for landscaping applications uprooting trees, bushes and shrubs than I did pulling myself out of trouble. I’ve turned nearly every nut and bolt on that car. Spend more time in the garage with it than my family some weekends.

I’ve spec’d the Grenadier to be more than the Disco ever was. I hope to own it twice as long and spend half as much time in the garage.

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Got some intel for you chaps: Just heard from Michael at Curry “We actually just got word this morning that yours arrived at the port! It does seem that there is a bit of delay that INEOS is letting us know vs. what clients are tracking.

With that being said, yours SHOULD be here by the end of November. We are being told that the first transport trucks (car carriers) will be leaving with the Grenadiers on them from the port on Nov. 27th. We have 13 vehicles in total arriving by the end of the month, yours being one of them. As far as exact dates are concerned, I don't have that yet. The car carriers can only carry 4 at a time because of the weight. Once they arrive here, we need to PDI (Predelivery Inspection) and detail the Grenadier, so a quick turnaround once it arrives.

Once the dates are nailed down, we can evaluate your trade and work out the Finance options. We are still waiting for rates and residuals for the leases, if you're interested in leasing at all. “

Drausch1976

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I went back today to drive them again and let my wife drive one. Told me the same. Stopped at Starbucks (michael let us take the truck solo which was amazing) to make sure a venti fit in the cup holder. Can’t wait until ours arrives in a couples week to take her home.

Attachments

• IMG_0991.jpeg
    IMG_0991.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0995.jpeg
    IMG_0995.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0996.jpeg
    IMG_0996.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0997.jpeg
    IMG_0997.jpeg