The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Belstaff Jackets

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:57 PM
Reaction score
They only delivered a few to America and then stopped. It was a promise when we placed orders. They need to fulfill their promise; jackets, service manuals, etc.
The service manuals are coming Q3 this year so August or September.
They will be a pay subscription service, not free.
They never said they would be free, only available.

I just looked but couldn't find the jacket email, I may have just deleted it as I have my jacket.
I received an email from them a couple of weeks after I took delivery of my Grenadier telling me to follow the link and select my jacket.
It then arrived by airfreight within a few days.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:57 AM
Reaction score
Is it groundhog day?

Those of us without them got an email a couple of months back saying they had a supply problem and we’d hear more in a few months time.

Tick tick tick
I received the same e-mail on June 14:

Due to a change in systems, there’s now going to be a short period where you won’t be able to claim your Belstaff jacket as part of your Grenadier specification.

We’re doing everything we can to minimise delays and whilst we don’t have a date, we will communicate as soon as we are back up and running.

In the meantime, thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please contact us using the link below.

We’ll be in touch as soon as you can claim your Belstaff jacket. If you have already claimed successfully, this will not apply to you.

I followed up on July 30 and received a response the same day stating:

We’re currently upgrading the current systems and processes which means there will be a delay of a few months in fulfilling customer orders.

At this time, no Belstaff jackets will be delivered. We will keep you updated via email regarding when you will be able to place orders again.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

So, we hurry up and wait.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I received the same e-mail on June 14:

I followed up on July 30 and received a response the same day stating:

So, we hurry up and wait.
They have probably discovered that quite a few Grenadier owners are not built like an olympic track athlete so the cut of the jackets doesn't fit.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
As a track athlete , my jacket fits great!
You guys just need to get the Arcane <bespoke> food baby Belstaff jacket.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have put 10kg on since my knee packed it in 9 months ago - poor discipline, feel every one of them. Back on the recovery train now.
I had both my knees replaced in 2012.
I had been training for many years in Karate, Japanese Jiu Jitsu and some Aikido.
It was a huge wake up call and led to me gaining a lot of weight.
from training six times a week to nothing
Still limited in what I can do but new shed now has a treadmill and weights and i will add a heavy bag.
I did a few sessions of Wing Chun many years ago.
Thinking I might try a wooden man.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cWtrGdTjiI

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score

I just looked but couldn't find the jacket email, I may have just deleted it as I have my jacket.
I received an email from them a couple of weeks after I took delivery of my Grenadier telling me to follow the link and select my jacket.
I had a grenny on the first boat to the US and have been driving it since Dec and have heard nothing about my jacket and I want it. It was part of the deal. They stated everything publicly and used it for promotional reasons. As far as the manuals go, they can charge, but I for a second don't believe that was the initial intent. They didn't say they were free, they said available, but they also never said they'd cost anything and that's pretty disingenuous at this point. My dealership is charging $250/hr to work on these things. It's a bit of highway robbery and I want my manuals.

richsonntag

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:57 AM
Reaction score
I want my Jacket - I've had my Grenadier Fieldmaster vehicle for 9 months now (after having had it on order for over a year prior to delivery last December) and still no word from Ineos on when I will get my jacket! Instead, I get daily emails from Belstaff trying to sell me other jackets and merchandise - They clearly know I'm here, but keep ignoring my inquiries regarding the promised Fieldmaster jacket!

Does anybody at Ineos care about this rather glaring failure?

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wife will get our jacket. This solves two problems discussed here. 1. It will fit and look better on her. 2. The waiting and wondering are now her problems!

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Still limited in what I can do but new shed now has a treadmill and weights and i will add a heavy bag.
I did a few sessions of Wing Chun many years ago.
Thinking I might try a wooden man.

Wooden Dummys can be pretty tough on older bones. You might try a Top & Bottom bag for keeping your reflexes sharp. Working one bare handed will keep you moving and sweating up a storm. I like them set up head high and to loose enough to make me duck and weave after any well-landed blow. The heavy bag will develop your power.

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score

Hey @DaveB you seem to be in the know. Do you know if there is any talk of a test book program available with the service manuals?

I was an early adopter and still waiting for them to sort out their "new ordering system" to be able to order my jackets. Bizarre

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey @DaveB you seem to be in the know. Do you know if there is any talk of a test book program available with the service manuals?

I was an early adopter and still waiting for them to sort out their "new ordering system" to be able to order my jackets. Bizarre
Hi.
Sorry I don't know what you mean by the test book
In the Robert Pepper interview with Justin Hocevar Justin states clearly the delays to the user manual and that it will be available in Q3 this year.
He also drops that it will be a subscription service but cuts himself off.

I wasn't an early adopter but ordered in July 2022 and received mine in October 2023.
I have been trying to find details when I received my jacket but it was pretty soon after and they just sent me an email with a link to order.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I want my Jacket - I've had my Grenadier Fieldmaster vehicle for 9 months now (after having had it on order for over a year prior to delivery last December) and still no word from Ineos on when I will get my jacket! Instead, I get daily emails from Belstaff trying to sell me other jackets and merchandise - They clearly know I'm here, but keep ignoring my inquiries regarding the promised Fieldmaster jacket!

Does anybody at Ineos care about this rather glaring failure?
Are you dealing with Ineos direct?

Back
Top Bottom