The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Auxiliary LEDs - Lightbars, Lights, Pods

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:53 AM
Reaction score
What switch did you hook this bar up to?
Looks great!
It’s ext 1 and piggybacked off the headlight high beam so ot dips with high beam. That bar is only 8.8amp so it’s ok for a 10amp circuit which is fortunate because for the life if me I couldn’t find the 25amp one.

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:53 AM
Reaction score
Just to clarify the power allowance for each external roof outlet: The front RHS outlet can carry a max of 25A (nominal 300W) controlled by overhead switch Ext 2. The other three roof outlets are switched by Ext3. The 25A rating on Ext3 is a total or "shared" power allocation. I.e. you can't safely draw 25A through each of the other three outlets at the same time 🤯
Thanks, makes sense. Otherwise would give infinite capacity.

Can you also clarify reg the voltage. Is it 12V we should be counting with or 14.4? Noted you mentioned “nominal 300W”.

I see Lazor Light has a LED that draws 25,3Amp, would that work or is the 0,3 enough to blow the fuse? https://www.lazerlamps.com/linear-48-elite.html

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This webinar from Robert Pepper with the CEO of Lazer lights is worth a watch. But basically Lux at a certain distance (eg: at what distance can you measure 1 lux) is probably more important than lumen as lumen is basically measured at the output of the diode and whether that is effective or not is dependent on position of the diode and the reflector, CRI and colour temp also important.

View: https://youtu.be/U86kNxqlAq4?si=vfZn2iLsQWrrMi1V
Thanks, will check it out.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The 25A circuit is Ext 2 switch and it powers the front right Deutsche plug on the roof, which is typically reserved for roof rack mounted light bars.
View: https://youtube.com/watch?v=lQLu0N_bj7E&si=bI29ipcz2gUniHlC
If you have the electrical preparation and high load panel, there should be two terminated outlets under the bonnet, a 10a on ext 1 and a 25a which I think is ext5 I found the 10amp pretty easily with help from the forum but the 25a is nowhere to be found.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, makes sense. Otherwise would give infinite capacity.

Can you also clarify reg the voltage. Is it 12V we should be counting with or 14.4? Noted you mentioned “nominal 300W”.

I see Lazor Light has a LED that draws 25,3Amp, would that work or is the 0,3 enough to blow the fuse? https://www.lazerlamps.com/linear-48-elite.html
Ideally you would like a bit of a margin under the rated amps, I would be reluctant to go over. The rated amp draw of the light bars is at a stated voltage from memory it is 14.4v which is pretty standard from the alternator, but if the voltage spiked it could well go to a higher amp draw.

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’s ext 1 and piggybacked off the headlight high beam so ot dips with high beam. That bar is only 8.8amp so it’s ok for a 10amp circuit which is fortunate because for the life if me I couldn’t find the 25amp one.
Was ext 1 piggybacking on the high beam as standard or did you have to wire that yourself?

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was ext 1 piggybacking on the high beam as standard or did you have to wire that yourself?
I didn’t do it, the auto electrician at my mechanic did it, but no, not standard from factory, you have to wire it that way if you want it to dip with headlights which is a legal requirement in Australia.

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn’t do it, the auto electrician at my mechanic did it, but no, not standard from factory, you have to wire it that way if you want it to dip with headlights which is a legal requirement in Australia.
Had you fitted it to the 25A switch independently, would it still be legally required to be dimmable?

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had you fitted it to the 25A switch independently, would it still be legally required to be dimmable?
Yes, any additional forward facing auxiliary lights must legally turn off when you switch from high beam to low beam, it is not acceptable for it to be a separate manually operated switch.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:53 PM
Reaction score
If you have the electrical preparation and high load panel, there should be two terminated outlets under the bonnet, a 10a on ext 1 and a 25a which I think is ext5 I found the 10amp pretty easily with help from the forum but the 25a is nowhere to be found.
However, the 25A must be very close by. Perhaps directly behind the wiring harness. I also had to search twice before I found the thickening on the wiring harness.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
However, the 25A must be very close by. Perhaps directly behind the wiring harness. I also had to search twice before I found the thickening on the wiring harness.
I am sure it is, but I spent a long time looking and my mechanic looked as well. 🤷🏼‍♂️

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been googling up a storm regarding aux lighting, and have concluded LIGHTFORCE makes a great product and offers Patch harness kits to seamlessly integrate their lighting with existing auto wiring for easy installation and dimmable lamps with headlight controls.
I’ve sent an inquiry about the product line to see if LF Will be making grenadier patch harnesses available. Hopefully they say yes.
If anyone has any suggestions along these lines or if you think an existing kit will fit the Grenadier wiring please chime in. Thanks!

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:53 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to mount a lightbar to the roof without any drilling. A crossbar, perhaps? What's your mounting solution?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to mount a lightbar to the roof without any drilling. A crossbar, perhaps? What's your mounting solution?
They have already been fitted to Rhino Rack Pioneer Platforms and Cross Bars. Options here. Rhino Rack has overseas dealers.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:53 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been googling up a storm regarding aux lighting, and have concluded LIGHTFORCE makes a great product and offers Patch harness kits to seamlessly integrate their lighting with existing auto wiring for easy installation and dimmable lamps with headlight controls.
I’ve sent an inquiry about the product line to see if LF Will be making grenadier patch harnesses available. Hopefully they say yes.
If anyone has any suggestions along these lines or if you think an existing kit will fit the Grenadier wiring please chime in. Thanks!
From what I last heard earlier this year, they got rid of all of their US staff and are relying on the warehouse personnel from one of their other brands to handle shipping for orders; so I'm not sure what response you'll get...

This was from a very good friend who used to sell their lights along with his own products and make some private label brackets for them

Back
Top Bottom