The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ASPW wants a Grenadier

Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't understand why people discuss about torque (not meant as a personal attack to you @MattA), tires, etc.

4x4 driving is so much about all these things plus the conditions that particular day, the experience and mood of the driver, the age of the car, having passengers or not, other helping cars nearby, rain, dry, etc. etc.

It is so complex. Experience helps, the capability of the car helps, ... but it isn't an exact science
Yes.. it comes down to what you use your car for and what you need. For what I use my car for - I can see the appeal of having a bucket load of torque. This is not me but a mate last week.

The defender got up (not on video) first go much slower. Articulation, diff lockers and first gear and it walked up.

Local time
Reaction score
INEOS haven't given ANYONE a vehicle. Period. No journos have gotten behind the wheel of one in Australia except for Robert Pepper who borrowed one from a customer. Not even Drive or CarExpert who have 10x the audience ASPW does. INEOS Aus have said multiple times that they're putting customer deliveries first. This guy's arrogance is astounding. He's just pissy that Overland Journal got one and he didn't.
Plus, why would they give one to ASPW when all he's done is talk sh*t about their company and the vehicle?
You know.. if I were Ineos.. I don't think I'd be rushing to give cars out to the press "unsupervised" until all the little niggles were sorted. Or at least most of them. At the very least you wouldn't want any warning lights etc coming on.

I think a lot of people on here will happily put up with all sorts of stuff if they are confident it's going to be fixed. A lot of journos might not be so forgiving.

Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
You know.. if I were Ineos.. I don't think I'd be rushing to give cars out to the press "unsupervised" until all the little niggles were sorted. Or at least most of them. At the very least you wouldn't want any warning lights etc coming on.

I think a lot of people on here will happily put up with all sorts of stuff if they are confident it's going to be fixed. A lot of journos might not be so forgiving.

You know, if ASPW had an ounce of common sense, maybe he'd think of this. Alas, he's a giant manchild.

Local time
Reaction score

Give the Grenadier to the press. All the other brands have had their failures and problems scrutinized in the printed and electronic press and social media. Ineos should show confidence in its product and deal with some critical analysis, it may speed up their response and handling of customer complaints. It would be interesting to see the Hydrogen Grenadier on Munro Live for an in depth review.

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
INEOS haven't given ANYONE a vehicle. Period. No journos have gotten behind the wheel of one in Australia except for Robert Pepper who borrowed one from a customer. Not even Drive or CarExpert who have 10x the audience ASPW does. INEOS Aus have said multiple times that they're putting customer deliveries first. This guy's arrogance is astounding. He's just pissy that Overland Journal got one and he didn't.
Plus, why would they give one to ASPW when all he's done is talk sh*t about their company and the vehicle?
They did give one to Scott from Expedition Portal to drive across Africa
https://expeditionportal.com/trans-africa-overland-with-grenadier/

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'd take a bigger inline six for sure. Did I mention the Cummins?

Yeah, but what do you really think? ;)
The problem with the 6 cylinder Cummins is weight, @ 500kgs it would be impractical to put it into a Grenadier

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Give the Grenadier to the press. All the other brands have had their failures and problems scrutinized in the printed and electronic press and social media. Ineos should show confidence in its product and deal with some critical analysis, it may speed up their response and handling of customer complaints. It would be interesting to see the Hydrogen Grenadier on Munro live for an in depth review.
The problem is that YouTubers are not "the press" or "Journalists" who have to abide by a code of ethics or risk legal action.
I can think of a few in addition to ASPW who would stumble at the code of ethics hurdle.
There are a lot of Youtubers who don't even pretend to be journalists and just make content and that is purely for entertainment value. They often state that n their video's

What is the code of ethics for Australian journalists?
The Journalist Code of Ethics (https://www.meaa.org/meaa-media/code-of-ethics/) states that journalists should “scrutinise power” and commit themselves to “honesty, fairness, independence”, they must not “give distorting emphasis” and must have a “respect for truth”.
I think that is why we see a marked difference in reports by the likes of Robert Pepper, regardless of your agreement with his outcome.

1696822684827.png

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The issue for ASPW is that he has simply missed the opportunity to get on board with the Grenadier and now he is scrambling to be relevant. Other journalists like Robert Pepper have created great Grenadier content that is unemotional and balanced. The videos from ASPW are sometimes informative but otherwise painful to endure without a couple of G&T's. Robert's are great and always have me waiting for the next instalment.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The problem is that YouTubers are not "the press" or "Journalists" who have to abide by a code of ethics or risk legal action.
I can think of a few in addition to ASPW who would stumble at the code of ethics hurdle.
There are a lot of Youtubers who don't even pretend to be journalists and just make content and that is purely for entertainment value. They often state that n their video's

The Journalist Code of Ethics (https://www.meaa.org/meaa-media/code-of-ethics/) states that journalists should “scrutinise power” and commit themselves to “honesty, fairness, independence”, they must not “give distorting emphasis” and must have a “respect for truth”.
I think that is why we see a marked difference in reports by the likes of Robert Pepper, regardless of your agreement with his outcome.

View attachment 7829127
Unfortunately the code is a guide or code of ethics and not enforceable or "punishable" other than via litigation.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The issue for ASPW is that he has simply missed the opportunity to get on board with the Grenadier and now he is scrambling to be relevant. Other journalists like Robert Pepper have created great Grenadier content that is unemotional and balanced. The videos from ASPW are sometimes informative but otherwise painful to endure without a couple of G&T's. Robert's are great and always have me waiting for the next instalment.
He did point out the footwell "issue" initially which may have hurt his chances of further engagement with IA. I do think he's relevant as apart from his "diatribe pieces" to camera he produces some great content, this is evident by his YT following.

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The thing is loaning out one car is possible. You can make sure it's a real good one.

But to people all around the world is less easy.
I think IA are being very smart who they loan to, they are about to start shipping to the US so it makes sense to give one to Scott as his reach is considerable in the US market and he has a good reputation.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
He did point out the footwell "issue" initially which may have hurt his chances of further engagement with IA. I do think he's relevant as apart from his "diatribe pieces" to camera he produce some great content, this is evident by his YT following.
Yes but he sat in a stationary vehicle and reported the foot rest issue that about 30 other people had before.
From memory he didn't even adjust the seat.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes but he sat in a stationary vehicle and reported the foot rest issue that about 30 other people had before.
From memory he didn't even adjust the seat.
I think from memory it was the amount of fuss he made about the hump rather than just pointing it out or mentioning it in passing 🤷

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have struggled to like the last couple of pieces that Robert Pepper has done on the Grenadier because he has done nothing to reinforce my confirmation bias as an early adopter and risk taker. How dare he be balanced and unbiased. That's not what I want to see ;)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Robert handled it well. "It will be up to the individual to determine if it's acceptable"
Exactly and as we have seen on here some people have a problem with it and some don't.
It doesn't seem to be height related either.
More seating position preference possibly.
Or all of the above.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have struggled to like the last couple of pieces that Robert Pepper has done on the Grenadier because he has done nothing to reinforce my confirmation bias as an early adopter and risk taker. How dare he be balanced and unbiased. That's not what I want to see ;)
Greta agrees

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231009_114400_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231009_114400_Chrome.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 5
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7829127
Didn't realise that there was a code of ethics for Australian journalists. With some of the stories currently coming from journalists and media outlets it makes you wonder if they have any ethics or morals at all. Robert Pepper may be one of the few exceptions.

Back
Top Bottom