The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Arcane Works - Detour

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
8:15 PM
Reaction score
I am waiting for my build date and was a little worried that the stuff coming with the AW would make me feel I was missing something. After seeing the brochure and price list, I am no longer worried. There are a couple of things that look good, but nothing that justified adding around £50,000 to the price.

The different grill is one that intrigues me. To change the identity of the car like that could be a sign that they are not happy with the current grill and will trickle down the new grill in time.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
£134,000 just for bling. A wanker trap.
Each to his/her own I suppose.

I’m disappointed to see the contrast side bar down the side - a blatant range rover rip off. If you’re going to charge extra for highlights at least have an original thought.

The whole vehicle in Icey White though, I would have liked to have seen that.

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:15 PM
Reaction score
£134,000 just for bling. A wanker trap.
Each to his/her own I suppose.

I’m disappointed to see the contrast side bar down the side - a blatant range rover rip off. If you’re going to charge extra for highlights at least have an original thought.

The whole vehicle in Icey White though, I would have liked to have seen that.

I'd like to see the StormForce Silver. You can't get much lighter than the current Sterling Silver so I'm guessing it's the medium grey we wished was available. Or maybe they're gonna chrome plate the thing?

Last edited:

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:15 PM
Reaction score
"Built on Purpose.."
I thought that purpose what to develop a no nonsense "old school" , 'basic' vehicle, thus why no vanity mirrors, power seats etc.
I guess that "Purpose" has changed quite a bit in a short span.
paid pay day GIF

saltydog188

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:15 PM
Reaction score
I have to admit, it IS nice looking, but.... fancy colors, interior, wheels, etc. -- there's nothing all that special (or really different other than looks) about it IMHO that makes it worth $164,400+ US. To add diff locks, winch, and few other items we're pushing $200,000. (WELL over twice what I paid for mine.) Also have to wonder about things like the bespoke wheels, grill, etc... If you break something, will replacements be available? They're hard to get for the standard Grenadier.... I guess if you can afford it...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have to admit, it IS nice looking, but.... fancy colors, interior, wheels, etc. -- there's nothing all that special (or really different other than looks) about it IMHO that makes it worth $164,400+ US. To add diff locks, winch, and few other items we're pushing $200,000. (WELL over twice what I paid for mine.) Also have to wonder about things like the bespoke wheels, grill, etc... If you break something, will replacements be available? They're hard to get for the standard Grenadier.... I guess if you can afford it...
None of the buyers will use it as a daily driver so if something breaks and they have to wait a few months they will just drive one of their other vehicles.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'd like to see the StormForce Silver. You can't get much lighter than the current Sterling Silver so I'm guessing it's the medium grey we wished was available. Or maybe they're gonna chrome plate the thing?

Agreed - I initially went sterling silver but changed to SW as the SS is really blue. A “silver” silver would have been a strong option, as would a less creamier white.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'll be a bit ticked off if they're using the factory rear winch in that stunt. We passed on that option because it was supposedly not rated for vehicle recovery.
Front winch alone , easy!

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:15 AM
Reaction score
For all you cynics, there are many out there who have very deep pockets.

View attachment 7863232
I’d love to know if the V8 has sufficient extra mass low down to keep the 90 planted? I love my Lottie but drive her according to the relatively high centre of mass!
I think the performance of the V8 would be truly scary!
But I do still hanker after one 🙄😆

Local time
1:15 PM
Reaction score
"Built on Purpose.."
I thought that purpose what to develop a no nonsense "old school" , 'basic' vehicle, thus why no vanity mirrors, power seats etc.
I guess that "Purpose" has changed quite a bit in a short span.
paid pay day GIF
Missed opportunity to say the purpose has detoured. But in reality, it hasn’t changed…always has been.

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'll be a bit ticked off if they're using the factory rear winch in that stunt. We passed on that option because it was supposedly not rated for vehicle recovery.
I am of the understanding that the factory optioned rear winch (in a cradle to insert into the tow hitch) was/is able to be used for recovery.
The front option "tow plate" was 'red flagged' early on by Ineos as unsuitable for occasional use with a cradle winch for vehicle recovery... (which had been my intention when I ordered it....)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:15 PM
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom