The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Arcane Works - Detour

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:31 PM
Reaction score
I like the green, the updated shift knob, kick plates. I like the shorty truck - oh and the GM V8 - for the Americas market, that makes a lot more sense than a BMW V8.

I love seeing Ineos test the possibilities and pushing boundaries.

I'm not in love with the Chelsea tractor, but I get the need for higher margin products.

I still think we're seeing a fundamental disconnect between the home office (who seem to think the grenadier buyer spends most of their time playing golf and sipping martinis) and the rest of the world.

I still see the grenadier as the ideal long distance travel vehicle - whether over road, dirt or both.

Local time
5:31 PM
Reaction score
Has anybody measured the Ineos badge to see if the BMW badge can be swapped? BMW has an empty spot when competing against Rover and Benz. Maybe Jimbo’s plan all along:)

MRO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I like the green, the updated shift knob, kick plates. I like the shorty truck - oh and the GM V8 - for the Americas market, that makes a lot more sense than a BMW V8.

I love seeing Ineos test the possibilities and pushing boundaries.

I'm not in love with the Chelsea tractor, but I get the need for higher margin products.

I still think we're seeing a fundamental disconnect between the home office (who seem to think the grenadier buyer spends most of their time playing golf and sipping martinis) and the rest of the world.

I still see the grenadier as the ideal long distance travel vehicle - whether over road, dirt or both.
I agree. It isnt for me, but as I have written on another thread, I dont think you can sell at this price point without a lot more power and an IFS for high speed safety and general refinement. Landcruiser had a working variant of the 100 series with a solid axle and a consumer/SUV variant with IFS. Is it that hard to have an alternative front suspension and steering for the SUV market while keeping solid axle for those of us who value it?

I want them to sell at high volume and with higher margin variants to improve viability. Why not access a wider market using different options?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree. It isnt for me, but as I have written on another thread, I dont think you can sell at this price point without a lot more power and an IFS for high speed safety and general refinement. Landcruiser had a working variant of the 100 series with a solid axle and a consumer/SUV variant with IFS. Is it that hard to have an alternative front suspension and steering for the SUV market while keeping solid axle for those of us who value it?

I want them to sell at high volume and with higher margin variants to improve viability. Why not access a wider market using different options?
I think the manufacturing costs would surprise you - they would likely have to tool another line in order to manufacture both solid and IFS. For a small volume manufacturer, I don't think that makes sense.

Local time
Reaction score

Great point. Is this a car or truck and is it designed to hold 80mph+ all day long?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great point. Is this a car or truck and is it designed to hold 80mph+ all day long?

I just did 1500 miles in my grenadier over ten days - from DC to West Point, NY to Montreal, back down to Northern Vermont, to Norwalk Connecticut and then back down to DC (Norwalk CT to DC in 5 hours). Much of that from 70 - 85mph.

Had no issues, no "wandering all over the road", no "steering problem", etc.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Received the brochure and the video promo this morning. First day of Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Here's the Video:

View: https://youtu.be/1bVD_L-eeqI?si=2TPK4gc83mVWUZZ9
Hi Trialmaster, Thanks for posting this. The customization was bound to happen either after market or by Ineos. I am glad to see Ineos lean in. I think everything they are showing is very tasteful and well done. Love the shifter knob. This is good from a marketing stand point that will drive sales of the Arcane series and all the original ones too. I also think this will make all the original ones that much more desirable. Anything that keeps Ineos producing these vehicle and adds to their success I am good with providing they keep true to their ethos and keep everything tasteful. DaBull

Last edited:

JSDKMS!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Finding it very hard to justify the cost for what you are getting

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
When you spend large sums of money, you want to feel special. You want to feel different. Arcane gives you that option from the limited number being issued to full customization.

To people saying Ineos is missing the intended mark. This is not Ineos but a subsidy of Ineos. It's being marketed under Arcane.

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Bolt-ons are fine but if you change the underlying chassis/drivetrain structure too much it will dilute aftermarket support and diminish a cohesive approach to maintenance in the field. I consider IFS to be "too much".

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Just watched the video and there are some nice little trinkets in there. The wheels are not really to my taste and there are much better after market one that you could have in any colour.

What I am surprised about is the blank plates where the RAI would be fixed are still just black. I would have thought they would colour coded them or done something a bit different.

Overall the Detour does look nice and those seats look top notch, the V8 will be interesting and as I see it, anything that keeps that vehicle selling is only a good thing, and a positive for all of us imo.

We certainly don’t want the thing dying out from lack of sales.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:31 AM
Reaction score
Totally agree…but you and I my friend are not the demographic they are trying to attract😂😂
Here’s an analogy. This little boat a saw today cost over £200k for a 26”/7.5m boat. I would want a lot more boat for that money but some love the bling and fancy leather seats. IMG_3439.jpeg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
That looks like glamor and glitzy glitterati to me. I would have expected more technical tuning such as engine performance, consumption values and running smoothness to BMW standard (diesel engine), variable damper control, and a significant reduction in the interior noise level (>85dB...).
1720722223339.png

Back
Top Bottom