The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Arcane Grenadier

Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score

Be interesting to see what’s in store

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:07 PM
Reaction score
From an email I just received:
Unique, hand-finished Grenadiers are in the Works

Since launch, Grenadiers have been thoughtfully engineered to offer peerless off-road capability, and on-road performance. Now, we’re taking Grenadier to the next level.

We’re crafting a new breed of carefully curated Grenadiers, offering a whole new level of design, customisation, and, in some cases, performance. Introducing new features. New materials. New finishes. And new exterior colours and interiors, with the option to go further still, and challenge us to match a colour of your choice.

This new breed of Grenadier will be built by a new division within INEOS Automotive. We’re calling it ‘Arcane Works’, from the word ‘arcane’, meaning ‘known or understood by very few; mysterious, secret.’

We’ll unveil the first limited edition from Arcane Works on July 11th at Goodwood Festival of Speed, in July 2024, so book a ticket, to be the first to see it in person. Follow the link below to register your interest in Arcane Works Grenadiers, and to find out more.”

Last edited:

Wueste

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score
A great idea.
Then we can order one on the continent with the right arrangement of the rear doors and windscreen wipers.
And the RHD colleagues can order a vehicle exhaust on the other side to make the footwell more comfortable.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wish they would fix issues with existing base instead of spending this time and energy on limited editions
I wholeheartedly agree, but bespoke stuff - and the fees that come with it - are money makers! Look what JLR tack on for the Autobiography editions - straight cash homey.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A great idea.
Then we can order one on the continent with the right arrangement of the rear doors and windscreen wipers.
And the RHD colleagues can order a vehicle exhaust on the other side to make the footwell more comfortable.
Um.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree, but bespoke stuff - and the fees that come with it - are money makers! Look what JLR tack on for the Autobiography editions - straight cash homey.
I agree with you, but usually this stuff is launched after the initial product begins to mature and is well positioned in the market.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I agree with you, but usually this stuff is launched after the initial product begins to mature and is well positioned in the market.
It is the beginning of the upscale push, prior to the upscale model.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Suspect bespoke colours, interior trim and mild performance upgrades to engines will be offered. Small upgrades at big prices…
It will be interesting to see what trans they'll install on petrol trucks with the performance upgrades.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Probably the same ZF unit, I am willing to bet they won’t be turning it into a 360bhp snarling beast. Will just be a slight increase.

However I can’t see it taking much to swap the current unit out for the diesel trans. I can see this being a common swap in a few years anyway for current or future owners.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Probably the same ZF unit, I am willing to bet they won’t be turning it into a 360bhp snarling beast. Will just be a slight increase.

However I can’t see it taking much to swap the current unit out for the diesel trans. I can see this being a common swap in a few years anyway for current or future owners.
The petrol one is on the edge of its torque max (according to the specs at least) so I agree - people will look to swap out or rebuild the factory ZF to handle more power and torque. I'm still surprised they have two different transes anyway, so maybe an upcoming petrol MYs might come equipped with the diesel-spec trans.

Local time
10:07 PM
Reaction score
I find it interesting they notate new tech as part of this, it sounds like they're using this to influence people to (over) pay for the custom editions to unlock early access to what I suspect is basic functionality other vehicles have had for years, instead of just implementing it in the production models as a MY update as soon as the integration work has been completed.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
to unlock early access to what I suspect is basic functionality other vehicles have had for years,…
What kind of things are you thinking about?

Back
Top Bottom