The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
My email does not say "build date", it says "Estimated build window."
Not sure where "build date" came from but it should not have been used at this point.

Exactly.... they should just say "Build Date: Eventually".

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:22 PM
Reaction score
My email does not say "build date", it says "Estimated build window."
Not sure where "build date" came from but it should not have been used at this point.
It isn't a journey, it's an adventure.
Toyota have been building vehicles for a long time and they are basically saying....."you may get your vehicle some time in the future....we don't know when....we don't know what it will look like.....what specification it will have......or what it will cost you.......happy not motoring."
What hope to Ineos Automotive have?

1693932227442.png1693932289752.png

Reactions: Max

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It isn't a journey, it's an adventure.
Toyota have been building vehicles for a long time and they are basically saying....."you may get your vehicle some time in the future....we don't know when....we don't know what it will look like.....what specification it will have......or what it will cost you.......happy not motoring."
What hope to Ineos Automotive have?
An a good adventure it is!
I am really amazed at, what I perceive, as a lack of patience exhibited by some here. However, I did wait 7 years for a custom rifle to be built. And I paid for it when it was commissioned. Perhaps I have too much patience!
This is where I pretty much thought one would be 2 years ago - perhaps receive vehicle in 1st quarter 2024.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:22 AM
Reaction score
This is where I pretty much thought one would be 2 years ago - perhaps receive vehicle in 1st quarter 2024.
In the US at least, if you go beyond the forums and FB groups, the overall feelings and expectations of reservation holders at the PTO2 tour events consisted of
"I've been waiting a while but wow this is amazing progress with the vehicle"
"I was expecting to have to wait a year or two before they start showing up"
and (have a seat, the internet will have you believe this one is a lie because everyone thinks it is overpriced) "I expect pricing to start around $85-95k as a base, going up to around $110-120k"

Driver8

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Alright, Google Form has been set up...

Please only complete the form if you have a build date!!!

I feel like since it's 2023 it needs to be stated, yes this form was built by me, I have no connection to the forum or Ineos, I'm not stealing or selling your information (other than pre-order number, there is no "identifiable" information, no names, email addresses, or addresses are collected).

If you want to fill it out, great, maybe we can find some trends. If you don't want to, also great. Please only fill it out once, and please try to be as accurate as possible. If I botched something, please let me know!
Done. Thank you for setting this up!! My guess is there is some rhyme or reason for estimated build windows, early reservation holders have better windows ( as it should be) but other issues are at play. Be interesting to see how it all plays out, and just interesting to see what people got. And I love the data! After all, data is the new bacon.

Reservation November 18, 2022
Preorder submitted June 30, 2023
• Pre-order number: 14401
• Estimated build window: Quarter 1 2024

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone in Raliegh driven by their office to spy any trucks?
Assuming they haven't been sent to dealers yet, and also assuming they would be stored in the same place the PTO2s lived for 6 months before the tour started, they would be in an enclosed warehouse in Charlotte, not at their HQ in Raleigh

Edit: with that being said, at least one has been spotted cruising around Raleigh in the past week or so

Local time
Reaction score
I've looked at it pretty much every way; and there is nothing truly discernable between Q4 '23 and Q1 '24 build slots other than numerical pre-order number. Q2 '24 makes sense due to the sheer number of vehicles.

I've organized the sheet (currently) by build date; white background cells are Q4 '23, light gray Q1 '24, and darker grey Q2 '24.

Feel free to make whatever pretty graphs or charts help you sleep better (or find some reasoning!)
Your source for the spread sheet? Missed mine: 10031

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
Just posted this in another thread. This thread would be more appropriate. Please see below:

Today I had a phone call from my cousin in Ft Worth, Texas. Very excited at having seen his first Grenadier and further more, speaking with the owner. I didn't realise the Grenadier was now on the road in the US.
The owner told my cousin, he had paid $120,000 dollars for the vehicle and was pretty happy with it. He was arranging for an increase in HP as he found the performance a little too mild for his taste. Unfortunately my cousin failed to get any pics. Is this news to my US brethren or am I mistaken in thinking it wasn't available as yet in the US. The owner of the Grenadier also mentioned to my cousin that he had military connections. Not sure if that is relevant regarding sales or not.

Local time
Reaction score
Just posted this in another thread. This thread would be more appropriate. Please see below:

Today I had a phone call from my cousin in Ft Worth, Texas. Very excited at having seen his first Grenadier and further more, speaking with the owner. I didn't realise the Grenadier was now on the road in the US.
The owner told my cousin, he had paid $120,000 dollars for the vehicle and was pretty happy with it. He was arranging for an increase in HP as he found the performance a little too mild for his taste. Unfortunately my cousin failed to get any pics. Is this news to my US brethren or am I mistaken in thinking it wasn't available as yet in the US. The owner of the Grenadier also mentioned to my cousin that he had military connections. Not sure if that is relevant regarding sales or not.
Well that's a head scratcher. I live in the Fort Worth area and will keep my eyes peeled. I'm 99.98% certain it didn't arrive via Ineos.

If there is an owned Grenadier floating around here I hope he posts and tells the story.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score

Hi Cheshire, That's very interesting. I don't think there have been any deliveries in the US or Canada that I have heard of.
Perhaps his military connections allowed him to get one from oversea shipped over. DaBull

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
Just had the following from my cousin when asking if he had any further info regarding recently sighted Grenadier in Texas:

No I did not get any pics and it was at terminal b at DFW airport
I had parked and was walking and he was parked in the pickup waiting area !

It was a black on black and he said he paid $120,000 for it !

Did not look at plates to see if it was a Texas plate or somewhere else he said he wanted it because his dad was in the military but he did not have a foreign accent !

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the past, I've heard of US military personnel buying vehicles in Germany after their service here and bringing them back to the US. Could this be the case?

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You sure that wasn’t $120,000 Australian Dollars??
Makes no sense to overpay when you can just order one for much less…

Back
Top Bottom