The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:17 AM
Reaction score
Looks like I have the latest one - and I was late to the game
Reservation Date: None
Pre-Order Date: May 30, 2023 (but says August 16 on site)
Build Month: Q2/2024 (email only, not listed on website)
Inky Black with minimal options.
Congrats on being the first Inky Black to fill out the form! Good to see the build date for someone w/o a reservation also...

Local time
Reaction score
Reservation 1/29/22
Pre-order date: 6/30/23
Pre-order number: 13309
Estimated build window: Quarter 4 2023

jwb

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:17 AM
Reaction score
I'm still 'sitting tight' (mid Aug email) with USA pre-order of 106xx. 😪

Most TM and FM options, though with 17 alloys, upgraded sound, leather, saddle, and without winch, RAI, or aux bat.

I'm guessing the new sound system is still being sourced, which I would have just installed aftermarket if it meant a delay. Same with 17 alloys vs steels, I would have taken either. It would be nice to be told what options are causing a delay and give us a choice to delete.

While my heart has fomo and is disappointed, my head says chilling is not the worst thing while some growing pains (and bongs and leaks) are sorted. Especially with nearest Dallas dealer being 5.5hrs away, which stinks.

Local time
Reaction score
Reservation Date: October 10, 2022
Pre-Order Date: June 3, 2023 (#14272)
Build Month: Q1/2024

Grenadier Fieldmaster, Queens Red, with privacy glass, carpet, hitch

Carolinaride

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
By my count we had 36 USA and Canada Forum members respond with build specs and of those, only 15 with 4th quarter 2023 build dates.
Lowest Pre-Order number, (last 4-5 digits), is 9336 and highest is 18,306. Lowest Pre-Order number with build date of 4th quarter is
9336 and highest is 11,573. My pre-order number is 14,406 and no build date yet. Has anyone received anymore 4th quarter build
dates or even first quarter 2024 build dates since this initial reporting? If so, let's us know. DaBull
Sorry. I am not on this site often but have spent the last two months talking to the ineos Grenadier folks. Do people really have build dates at this point? Although the July and august dates passed where we were promised info, they have told me i would not hear anything from them but would from my dealer when selected closer to October. I was also told my calculated price on line is just a “starting point” and my dealer would set the price. As someone who had their deposit in the first hour you could many moons ago, i am becoming quite irritated with the process, lack of communication and, now, lack of clarity on pricing.

Carolinaride

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Rubicon, Continue to hold out hope. 9637 has a Q4 2023 build date. DaBull
How do you know your build date based on the last four digits? I am 9824 but actually had a lower number at one time and Grenadier assigned me a higher one later. Thanks.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How do you know your build date based on the last four digits? I am 9824 but actually had a lower number at one time and Grenadier assigned me a higher one later. Thanks.
Some of us received an email on the build date...though this is just an estimate...
Maybe check your spam folder in case it got diverted there.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:17 PM
Reaction score
Hi Carolinaride, For those of us in the USA and Canada that had reservations, we were given the chance starting on
5-31-2023 to turn them into pre-orders. We were then assigned an initial pre-order number. Then around August 15, 2023, Ineos assigned all of us a new different pre-order number. Now some of us have received emails or seen on the portal that we have been assigned a build date based on a quarter, ie Q4/2023 or Q1/2024 or Q2/2024. It generally appears that those with lower reservation numbers and lower pre-order numbers have been given Q4/2023 build dates, however that is not always the case. As many on the forum have pointed out, it may be those with more options and or a particular color may be pushed out a bit farther in the build date, such as Q1/2024. What all this means is that we don't have complete clarity other than perhaps a particular quarter, if we are so lucky. When my Grenadier will arrive at my dealer is a mystery that I likely won't know until a few days before it arrives, if even then. The best analogy I can give for this is that it is like taking off on a new off-road journey on a new trail you have never been on before. You have heard about the final destination and are yearning to get there, however every turn, rut, stream and hill throws something new at you and if you are engaged it is a thrill with a bit of anxiety thrown in. Remember it's both the journey and the arrival that brings so much joy. DaBull
Shale Blue Trial Master with most all options checked.
Reservation # 0005433343 on 11-22-2023
Pre-Order # 0005542102 on 5-31-2023
Ineos newly assigned Pre-Order # 0000014406 on 8-15-2023
Assigned Build Date: Q1/2024
Delivery - To be determined

Carolinaride

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some of us received an email on the build date...though this is just an estimate...
Maybe check your spam folder in case it got diverted there.
Thanks. I just got off the phone with them. I did not receive one but that appears to be more driven by dealer announcements. They gave me verbal info on slotting.

I am curious if those that received their email also received dealer info. That seems to be part of the delay for some folks.

Carolinaride

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Carolinaride, For those of us in the USA and Canada that had reservations, we were given the chance starting on
5-31-2023 to turn them into pre-orders. We were then assigned an initial pre-order number. Then around August 15, 2023, Ineos assigned all of us a new different pre-order number. Now some of us have received emails or seen on the portal that we have been assigned a build date based on a quarter, ie Q4/2023 or Q1/2024 or Q2/2024. It generally appears that those with lower reservation numbers and lower pre-order numbers have been given Q4/2023 build dates, however that is not always the case. As many on the forum have pointed out, it may be those with more options and or a particular color may be pushed out a bit farther in the build date, such as Q1/2024. What all this means is that we don't have complete clarity other than perhaps a particular quarter, if we are so lucky. When my Grenadier will arrive at my dealer is a mystery that I likely won't know until a few days before it arrives, if even then. The best analogy I can give for this is that it is like taking off on a new off-road journey on a new trail you have never been on before. You have heard about the final destination and are yearning to get there, however every turn, rut, stream and hill throws something new at you and if you are engaged it is a thrill with a bit of anxiety thrown in. Remember it's both the journey and the arrival that brings so much joy. DaBull
Shale Blue Trial Master with most all options checked.
Reservation # 0005433343 on 11-22-2023
Pre-Order # 0005542102 on 5-31-2023
Ineos newly assigned Pre-Order # 0000014406 on 8-15-2023
Assigned Build Date: Q1/2024
Delivery - To be determined
Thank you. I just got off the phone with them. I was a reservation holder the firefighters hour they allowed it for the US on 2021. I did my preorder back in may and received my info. I did option up my vehicle with nearly everything including sown potential longer lead time items. That said, although they told me they feel i am a first slot in September and production Q4 this year, it is not guaranteed yet but i would receive something “very soon”.

I will say they also reiterated that i may see “additional fees including dealer fees, admin costs, delivery, taxes, etc. That is worrisome.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think trend is emerging. First come first serve was the preorder date and not initial deposit.

Local time
Reaction score
Reservation Date: 1/18/22
Reservation number: 0005281098
Pre-order date: 6/10/23
Pre-order number: 0005559625 (as of 6/10 pre-order confirmation)
Estimated build-window: Q4, 2023 (email confirmation arrived 8/31)
Pre-order number: 13285

Last edited:

Carolinaride

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think trend is emerging. First come first serve was the preorder date and not initial deposit.
I hope that is not the case. I did mine the first day and submitted. I made a call and did not realize a tow ball/hitch was not included based on the technical manual they provided. I changed mine a few days before the cut off to include it and was told very clearly that would not change my place in line.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I pre-ordered at the last minute for reservation holders on June 30th. Reservation was March of 2022. Base MM station wagon, with lockers, Bridgestones, 17inch steelies, leather and some other odds and ends. Qtr 4 2023 production date. So seems this is not the trend?

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you. I just got off the phone with them. I was a reservation holder the firefighters hour they allowed it for the US on 2021. I did my preorder back in may and received my info. I did option up my vehicle with nearly everything including sown potential longer lead time items. That said, although they told me they feel i am a first slot in September and production Q4 this year, it is not guaranteed yet but i would receive something “very soon”.

I will say they also reiterated that i may see “additional fees including dealer fees, admin costs, delivery, taxes, etc. That is worrisome.
I'm starting to think I am definitely no longer the target market for the Grenadier...my pockets are not deep enough to deal with dealer fees or admin costs if they are not in line with a normal automobile purchase in my state. I think we already know that delivery is not included in our as built price and that taxes are inevitable. I'm hoping for a positive purchase experience.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I pre-ordered at the last minute for reservation holders on June 30th. Reservation was March of 2022. Base MM station wagon, with lockers, Bridgestones, 17inch steelies, leather and some other odds and ends. Qtr 4 2023 production date. So seems this is not the trend?
Why blow up a perfectly imperfect trend? I would say using a bell curve, you are the fat tail.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm guessing the new sound system is still being sourced, which I would have just installed aftermarket if it meant a delay. Same with 17 alloys vs steels, I would have taken either. It would be nice to be told what options are causing a delay and give us a choice to delete.
All of your options have fallen into Q4 build slots and Q1 build slots, so none of those are the delay (if you want to call it that)
Not based on what has been said here, plenty of late pre-orders have Q4 slots
Dealer fees/admin costs equate to the dealer documentation fee (anywhere from $99-599 depending on dealers I've dealt with in the past)

Reactions: jwb

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
All of your options have fallen into Q4 build slots and Q1 build slots, so none of those are the delay (if you want to call it that)

Not based on what has been said here, plenty of late pre-orders have Q4 slots

Dealer fees/admin costs equate to the dealer documentation fee (anywhere from $99-599 depending on dealers I've dealt with in the past)
I have no issue with doc fees, usually $200ish in WA state and negotiable. Its that dealer market adjustment sticker next to the Window sticker that best not present itself when I show up to complete my purchase.

TerryS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To be perfectly frank I think they are just sending out emails telling everybody Q4. Having watched all of this, we know the dates slip.

I know that it would probably be too confidential and proprietary, but it would be interesting to see what it goes into to make the production schedule. I assume that it really is a marrying of the sub contractors and their schedule of parts getting there. And that is even probably more of an affect on something like the Grenadier.

Mine is Q1 2024 and and see others in Q1

Back
Top Bottom