The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

750 mile (3 week report)

JSDKMS!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:32 PM
Reaction score
Just thought I would share my own opinions and issues after the first 750 miles on my new Trailmaster:

1. Reduced tire pressure to 36 pounds - Now good
2. Windshield washer pump or reservoir leaking - Dealer is awaiting parts but stated it is a very common issue
3. Vibration at idle started 100 miles ago
4. Drivers side mirror is VERY bad and lack of warning lights for blind spot is unacceptable in 2024
5. Wish it had power seats
6. Had to fix steering wheel issue as it was off center
7. Installed Fox steering dampener and it made a huge difference in steering etc.
8. Wants to wander left and right way too much IMHO - BUT better with Fox dampener than the factory one.
9. Safari windows should come tinted! I get blinded on a sunny day
10. Rear seats should be inclined back a few degrees
11. ADAS system drives me NUTS! I hate it and there needs to be a software update ASAP for that issue and also the whole infotainment system. way too much lag with the system and other issues.
12. Subwoofer under rear seat and I had to adjust it manually. Come on now, it is 2024
13. No rear cup holders is a pain
14. I think a lot of issue that we are all having are related to the lack of qualified techs at the dealership and pre inspection
15. The gas reminder almost makes me laugh.
16. The turning radius is way too much for whatever reason
17. The backup camera needs to be improved.
18. If they are going to make us insert the key, there needs to be a light around the slot!

OK - With all that being said, I love the vehicle. INEOS just needs to change some things and listen to the owners and push a software update out ASAP.

Thanks!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
Just thought I would share my own opinions and issues after the first 750 miles on my new Trailmaster:

2. Windshield washer pump or reservoir leaking - Dealer is awaiting parts but stated it is a very common issue
4. Drivers side mirror is VERY bad and lack of warning lights for blind spot is unacceptable in 2024
7. Installed Fox steering dampener and it made a huge difference in steering etc.
8. Wants to wander left and right way too much IMHO - BUT better with Fox dampener than the factory one.
11. ADAS system drives me NUTS! I hate it and there needs to be a software update ASAP for that issue and also the whole infotainment system. way too much lag with the system and other issues.
12. Subwoofer under rear seat and I had to adjust it manually. Come on now, it is 2024
14. I think a lot of issue that we are all having are related to the lack of qualified techs at the dealership and pre inspection
18. If they are going to make us insert the key, there needs to be a light around the slot!

OK - With all that being said, I love the vehicle. INEOS just needs to change some things and listen to the owners and push a software update out ASAP.

Thanks!
I think you purchased the wrong vehicle.
If you sit high, as the vehicle is designed, the drivers mirror works fine and there is so much glass you don't get a blind spot.
Just turn your head and look out the windows.
I adjusted the drivers seat 8 months ago and only had to move it twice since then, when I was wearing heavy work boots for a short drive.
I tinted the front passenger and safari windows and ordered the heat resistant privacy glass for the rears. Prefer to select the tinting type, level and colour myself than go with factory standard.
Thankfully no stupid ADAS system on mine.
No subwoofer either
I agree the fuel reminder is stupid and intrusive
Live solid axles and recirculating ball steering is the reason. You would need to change to independent front suspension and rack & pinion steering to improve it
I use the side mirrors to reverse and always have as lots of past vehicles didn't have reversing cameras.
None of the women I have known came with an illuminated slot but I seemed to manage just fine.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:32 PM
Reaction score

Thanks!
#10 - Easily solved - Go to Ebay and search for Grenadier Rear Seat Recline.
$79 for rear seat recline brackets.
I ordered them and install time was less then 20 min.
The brackets are very stout and recline the top of the rear seat back by approximately 2".
DaBull

Last edited:
Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score

Thanks!
Some people are glass half empty, and some people are glass half full, that is a classic example of the former.

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Known issues, but "known" that they exist and living with them are two different things. I'm close to finding out first hand what these things are like day in and day out, so it's good to hear what anyone new to the truck has to say, even it some of it is "known".

As far as half empty/half full, I always just assume I'm going to knock it over and break it while pouring. 🤷‍♂️
black and white film GIF

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:32 PM
Reaction score
I’m sure it’s typo but the vehicle is a Trial Master not a Trailmaster.

I was not aware of these well known issues. My vehicle is exactly what I intended to purchase; a bad ass 4x4 that gets me places only a few other vehicles can. And it does so in comfort and great style - both on road and off.

Once you reach up and push the “Off-Road mode” button, you won’t have to worry about the ADAS or the back up camera. I urge you to give it a try. When you clean your first 24 degree, loose rock incline or roll off of a three foot ledge, I think you’ll understand what you have. The small quirks become far more endearing when you see its strengths. It’s not trying to be a minivan - and I love minivans, I really do.

It seems most of the negative reviews bemoan the lack of mall crawler features - cup holders, turning radius, back up camera… Ineos has plans to develop another model that will be more parking lot friendly. The Grenadier was specifically designed to be something else. It really was. Those big, beefy axles and springs aren’t just for show.

We have two Grenadiers in the family - a Field Master with leather and 18” alloys and a Trial Master with cloth and 17” steelies. We have approx 9,000 combined miles. Our dealer is 128 miles away. We are very happpy with the vehicle and consider ourselves fortunate to purchase at the base price of $71,500. When compared to a Bronco, Wrangler or 4Runner, it seems very competitive in both price and especially performance.

Please post another review after you hit the trails.

JSDKMS!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Known issues, but "known" that they exist and living with them are two different things. I'm close to finding out first hand what these things are like day in and day out, so it's good to hear what anyone new to the truck has to say, even it some of it is "known".

As far as half empty/half full, I always just assume I'm going to knock it over and break it while pouring. 🤷‍♂️
black and white film GIF
EXACTLY MY POINT SIR! THANKS!

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks!

I agree with a lot of these little issues. Whats funny is that for me, the ones that bother me more have to do with the electronics. The lagging infotainment is one of them. That is a product of either poor coding, or they underspec'd the hardware. My bet is on inefficient programming. As much as I didn't want to allow it to bug me, but the ADAS drives me mad as well, not just the clicking but the fact it doesn't work properly. (I just turn it off every drive now) Mine would barely click if it worked as advertised. Gas reminder cracked me up, more of a "who the hell thought this was a good idea?" thing. And yeah, for the pricepoint, the backup camera image quality is laughable. My fathers new Chevy Equinox which costs half has an HD backup camera and 360 cameras when backing up. Not sure who spec'd that camera but they should be fired. LOL. I learned of another small bug last night, just a coding error. When someone moves seats while on the move, the seat-belt chime for the now empty seat does not go off until you turn the truck off and back on again. Daughter moved from side rear seat to center seat. Had to power cycle the truck at a light for it to stop. Once again, poor design in the electrics.

I purchased the rear seat brackets and my daughter thanked me and noticed immediately. Well worth the 80 bucks. And I didn't think about it, but the cupholders is a real thing. Every person I have had ride in the back seat has said, I have nowhere to put my drink. I personally didn't think it would be an issue, knowing it didn't have any when I bought it, but apparently folks notice, especially my little one. LOL. Another thing folks comment on is that for the price, there should be a center armrest in the rear that folds up into the seat back. And I agree with this one.

But even with these little issues. I absolutely LOVE this vehicle. It literally makes me smile when I drive it. I enjoy seeing people try to figure out what it is, and taking pictures of it, etc. Its an absolutely stunning vehicle. This is why I find it laughable they they allowed these little things for consumers to gripe about.

Enjoy your amazing new rig!!

JSDKMS!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of these little issues. Whats funny is that for me, the ones that bother me more have to do with the electronics. The lagging infotainment is one of them. That is a product of either poor coding, or they underspec'd the hardware. My bet is on inefficient programming. As much as I didn't want to allow it to bug me, but the ADAS drives me mad as well, not just the clicking but the fact it doesn't work properly. (I just turn it off every drive now) Mine would barely click if it worked as advertised. Gas reminder cracked me up, more of a "who the hell thought this was a good idea?" thing. And yeah, for the pricepoint, the backup camera image quality is laughable. My fathers new Chevy Equinox which costs half has an HD backup camera and 360 cameras when backing up. Not sure who spec'd that camera but they should be fired. LOL. I learned of another small bug last night, just a coding error. When someone moves seats while on the move, the seat-belt chime for the now empty seat does not go off until you turn the truck off and back on again. Daughter moved from side rear seat to center seat. Had to power cycle the truck at a light for it to stop. Once again, poor design in the electrics.

I purchased the rear seat brackets and my daughter thanked me and noticed immediately. Well worth the 80 bucks. And I didn't think about it, but the cupholders is a real thing. Every person I have had ride in the back seat has said, I have nowhere to put my drink. I personally didn't think it would be an issue, knowing it didn't have any when I bought it, but apparently folks notice, especially my little one. LOL. Another thing folks comment on is that for the price, there should be a center armrest in the rear that folds up into the seat back. And I agree with this one.

But even with these little issues. I absolutely LOVE this vehicle. It literally makes me smile when I drive it. I enjoy seeing people try to figure out what it is, and taking pictures of it, etc. Its an absolutely stunning vehicle. This is why I find it laughable they they allowed these little things for consumers to gripe about.

Thanks and I am enjoying it. Hope INEOS takes customer feedback and improves the vehicle.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Luckily (I should probably say hopefully), many of
our frustrations can be overcome with a software update from IA. I'm not sure if they will address the ADAS thing, but an update could easily rectify the lagginess and less than intuitive user experience of the truck's OS. My fingers are crossed this will come to pass.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Luckily (I should probably say hopefully), many of
our frustrations can be overcome with a software update from IA. I'm not sure if they will address the ADAS thing, but an update could easily rectify the lagginess and less than intuitive user experience of the truck's OS. My fingers are crossed this will come to pass.
I don't see why they wouldn't. They hit a home run on the mechanics of it, and now just needs some polishing in the Software department. I joke that they spent all their budget on mechanical and design engineers, forgot they needed coders, so hired a few off of Fiverr to get the job done and pushed out the door. Lol.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
I don't see why they wouldn't. They hit a home run on the mechanics of it, and now just needs some polishing in the Software department. I joke that they spent all their budget on mechanical and design engineers, forgot they needed coders, so hired a few off of Fiverr to get the job done and pushed out the door. Lol.
I have had both software updates in Australia, with the latest one being for the display.
It fixed the lagging display and particularly maps etc.
It took a while for them to get it sorted and then they ran it on Ineos Company vehicles for a couple of months.
Everything is now operating perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom