The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

You now can’t use the Smartpass consumer output

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:44 PM
Reaction score
I have the dual battery system and smartpass and on the 13jan I turned the ignition on and my battery percentage was O% then started the Grenadier and a had a 69 A charge rate according to the screen.
Could be just a software fault I guess as started fine. View attachment 7846829View attachment 7846828
The other day mine was showing 145 amps and it stayed at over 120amps for over 15 minutes. I was thinking software glitch as well, like the real figure was minus the 1 at the front. Battery was at 93%, when the car was started. I am running dual batteries, factory install.

Last edited:

Sandman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm leaving the aux battery wired as is , a Noco Li jump starter next to it and using a 120AH Li unit in a battery box for consuming power when not driving. Easily charged with solar , alternator , mains power.
There is a big trend to portable solutions ; Bluetti etc being all in one units with inverters and so on.
Hi,
I agree, I would leave all wiring as is. Has already been mentioned, the second battery(aux) appears to be there for a backup to the start battery and not intend to be used as a house battery to run your accessories.
Could also be the reason, why the 5-stud busbar, has the unused stud removed.
I would ignore the second battery is there and let it work as it was intended. Not saying I agree with the set up but for warranty, best left alone. I wouldn't even bother with a 250SE.
I plan to use the 7 stud busbar which has a free stud and is fused already. Run my own DCDC charge to my own battery and run what ever I want. The DCDC charge I have is smart alternator compatable and also has a solar input.
Keep it separate!
Just my thoughts.

Last edited:

baders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
Hi,
I agree, I would leave all wiring as is. Has already been mentioned, the second battery(aux) appears to be there for a backup to the start battery and not intend to be used as a house battery to run your accessories.
Could also be the reason, why the 5-stud busbar, has the unused stud removed.
I would ignore the second battery is there and let it work as it was intended. Not saying I agree with the set up but for warranty, best left alone. I wouldn't even bother with a 250SE.
I plan to use the 7 stud busbar which has a free stud and is fused already. Run my own DCDC charge to my own battery and run what ever I want. The DCDC charge I have is smart alternator compatable and also has a solar input.
Keep it separate!
Just my thoughts.
This is what I have done. I built a 12v, 200a/h lithium battery from prismatic cells, a battery balancer card and battery management system. This is installed in a battery box with a Victron DC/DC charger and Victron MPPT solar controller. I've installed a 6AWG figure 8 cable with an Anderson plug powered from the spare 80a fuse on the 7 stud Littelfuse bus bar. On the road the DC/DC charges the system and in camp plug in my 200w solar blanket.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:44 AM
Reaction score
I'm stumbling a bit in the dark and willing to do the research, but I'm thinking of a hybrid approach. After all, the "High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel & Electrical Preparation" option was designed to work with the dual battery system, and, if so, Ineos had to expect those awesome Anderson connectors along the gutter line to be used to power something, right, like Auxiliary lights? I'm planning on adding the 250SE plus a solar panel and figuring out a way to split the solar juice between the two battery system and a separate isolated lithium battery to be dedicated to supporting a frig and some other lux items.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:44 AM
Reaction score
I'm stumbling a bit in the dark and willing to do the research, but I'm thinking of a hybrid approach. After all, the "High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel & Electrical Preparation" option was designed to work with the dual battery system, and, if so, Ineos had to expect those awesome Anderson connectors along the gutter line to be used to power something, right, like Auxiliary lights? I'm planning on adding the 250SE plus a solar panel and figuring out a way to split the solar juice between the two battery system and a separate isolated lithium battery to be dedicated to supporting a frig and some other lux items.
Buy or build a power station, I have a eco flow delta. Then plug it into the 12v in back. When you drive, it will charge. That's my game plan, plus I have a 250 SE that has the solar capability. Put it all together, you should be all set. Your biggest issue is state of charge. There is two post where their is a system to trick the power station to charge faster thinking its attached to solar.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Buy or build a power station, I have a eco flow delta. Then plug it into the 12v in back. When you drive, it will charge. That's my game plan, plus I have a 250 SE that has the solar capability. Put it all together, you should be all set. Your biggest issue is state of charge. There is two post where their is a system to trick the power station to charge faster thinking its attached to solar.
Exactly. I've been looking hard at the Eco flow Delta 2 Max. Waiting on a killer sale.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:44 AM
Reaction score
Eco flow Delta 2 max
That's what I have in our house in a smaller version as a 1 kWh minimum reserve in case of blackouts. Since I have as well a 2 kWh Bluetti Power Oak, the Ecoflow will go in Grenadier for travels. This will save me the investment and installation of an AC inverter, and I can take it out if I don't need it in the car.

The EcoFlow Delta 2 is a really good product.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and ordered a Delta 2 Max. EcoFlow is having a Spring Sale right now, and if you buy it through Amazon (which is at a better price than EcoFlow shows on its site ($1499 vs. $1699)) you can also apply a $100 off coupon, which drops the price to $1399. That's the Black Friday price from last year.

Local time
3:44 AM
Reaction score
Anybody want to buy a used ARKPAK 620? har har har Sorry, Lifeline AGM not included because I let it sit and ruined it. Replaced it all with a Goal Zero lithium with 2KW inverter which runs my old Engel nicely and could run a small microwave. I no longer want to bother with propane or use open fires camping. This thread makes me glad I didn't include the Aux Battery in my Grenadier configuration, which I'm still dithering with - looking at 2025 build now?. We finally put a 24KW Generac on the house. Camper toilet and no heat in January power outages gets old.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The other day mine was showing 145 amps and it stayed at over 120amps for over 15 minutes. I was thinking software glitch as well, like the real figure was minus the 1 at the front. Battery was at 93%, when the car was started. I am running dual batteries, factory install.
Update, battery was at similar level today and it started at 45 amps, dropped to 20s for a while. So it was bug which showed 145 and then 120 amps etc earlier.

Local time
Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and ordered a Delta 2 Max. EcoFlow is having a Spring Sale right now, and if you buy it through Amazon (which is at a better price than EcoFlow shows on its site ($1499 vs. $1699)) you can also apply a $100 off coupon, which drops the price to $1399. That's the Black Friday price from last year.
I'm researching power options and have been considering the Delta 2 Max. Do you recommend it? Have you installed the EcoFlow Alternator Charger? https://au.ecoflow.com/products/ecoflow-800w-alternator-charger .. I'm wondering if anyone has installed this in their IG? It supports 800W charging, but also reverse charging of the starter battery and a maintenance mode to keep the starter battery topped up over extended periods of time.

I have the factory dual battery, but don't drive the IG every day and the battery tends to lose charge more quickly than I would expect. It would be great if I could keep it topped up with a Delta2 max + alternator charger, but not sure if it will work with the IG and ctek dual battery setup.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm researching power options and have been considering the Delta 2 Max. Do you recommend it? Have you installed the EcoFlow Alternator Charger? https://au.ecoflow.com/products/ecoflow-800w-alternator-charger .. I'm wondering if anyone has installed this in their IG? It supports 800W charging, but also reverse charging of the starter battery and a maintenance mode to keep the starter battery topped up over extended periods of time.

I have the factory dual battery, but don't drive the IG every day and the battery tends to lose charge more quickly than I would expect. It would be great if I could keep it topped up with a Delta2 max + alternator charger, but not sure if it will work with the IG and ctek dual battery setup.
That project is coming up, and I did pick up the alternator charger. I'll post a report when all is done. I'm adding a solar panel and the CTEK D250SE to the mix also.

Local time
Reaction score
That project is coming up, and I did pick up the alternator charger. I'll post a report when all is done. I'm adding a solar panel and the CTEK D250SE to the mix also.
I pulled the trigger on the Delta2 max + alternator charger and installed it on Friday. The charger is really easy to install, just wiring to the positive on the starter battery and negative on the chassis. It works really well, charging the Delta2 at the full 800w.

The IG was showing 45% battery and the Delta2 took it back to 100% in reverse charge mode over the weekend, while running a 12v freezer. I am really happy with it.

I'm thinking I'll just connect solar directly to the delta2 rather than getting the D250SE and use reverse charge / maintenance mode as necessary.

Grenadier Journals

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on the Delta2 max + alternator charger and installed it on Friday. The charger is really easy to install, just wiring to the positive on the starter battery and negative on the chassis. It works really well, charging the Delta2 at the full 800w.

The IG was showing 45% battery and the Delta2 took it back to 100% in reverse charge mode over the weekend, while running a 12v freezer. I am really happy with it.

I'm thinking I'll just connect solar directly to the delta2 rather than getting the D250SE and use reverse charge / maintenance mode as necessary.
I am so dumb when it comes to electrical, but I picked up the same setup. Their installation says to attach the negative to the negative of the starter battery.. is there a better reason to connect it to the chassis instead? Also what mounting point did you use on your chassis? Thanks!

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
I am so dumb when it comes to electrical, but I picked up the same setup. Their installation says to attach the negative to the negative of the starter battery.. is there a better reason to connect it to the chassis instead? Also what mounting point did you use on your chassis? Thanks!
I just used the negative to the chassis because it was slightly easier to get to, but my understanding is that it's the same result. There is a mounting kit which comes with the charger, but I haven't used it. I'm not decided on how I'll fit the battery and charger in the back, but at this stage I am thinking that I'll build a small platform on top of the left rear wheel well and have it wedged against a drawer fridge which is already mounted in the back. I'll then strap it in place using the side cargo hooks and the handles of the battery. I might strap down the charger on top of the battery, so I can easily see the light on it. This way I can still easily access the usb ports and the vents won't be blocked.

It's great not having to run the cable from the charger through the firewall into the engine bay to reach the battery, but the flip side is that you're left with quite a bit of excess cable.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can you charge the EcoFlow in your car or do you need the additional EcoFlow alternator charger?

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can you charge the EcoFlow in your car or do you need the additional EcoFlow alternator charger?
I did get the alternator charger (not hooked up yet), but this is from the User Manual:

Charge DELTA 2 Max

AC Charging

• X-Stream fast charging
  • 1,800W Max.(US/CA); 2,400W Max.(EU/UK/AU)
  • Fully charged in about 80 minutes
de83cb05-ad04-4aab-ad7f-34d30343e645

When the AC input current remains higher than 20A, the X-Stream charging input port will activate self-protection, and the Overload Protection Switch on the product will automatically pop up. After confirming that there is no product failure, you can press the Overload Protection Switch to resume charging.
The charging power can be adjusted through the AC Charging Speed Switch. You can set the charging power range in the EcoFlow App.
659ae89e-ff82-4c47-90b5-feaae6407481

Toggle to the leftX-Stream maximum power charging
Toggle to the rightCustomized charging
Power range: 200~1,800W(US/CA); 200~2,400W(EU/UK/AU)
  1. Please use the AC Charging Cable included in the package for fast charging. Do not use other cables to charge.
  2. Plug directly into an AC wall outlet and make sure that the wall output current is more than 15A(US/CA)/10A(EU/UK/AU). Otherwise, reduce the unit charging speed with the AC Charge Speed Switch. EcoFlow takes no responsibilities for any consequences caused by failures to follow instructions, including but not limited to charging with other AC charging cables.

Solar Charging

• Single port 500W; dual port 1,000W
a08df3ad-b87f-4da5-b4fd-a8f3e2919fc9

• Before connecting the solar panel, please ensure that the solar panel’s output voltage is within 60V to avoid product damage.
  • Solar to XT60/XT60i Charging Cable and solar panels are not included in the package.
  • When using an EcoFlow solar panel to charge the product, please follow the instructions that come with the solar panel.

Car Charging

• Supports 12V/24V Battery, default 8A
b25483f2-d65a-4971-ad2a-e93b22c23890

To avoid failure to start due to insufficient car battery, use the car charger after the vehicle is started. In addition, please make sure that the cigarette lighter of the Car Outlet and the Car Charger Input Cable are in good condition. EcoFlow takes no responsibilities for any losses or damages caused by failures to follow instructions.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So the alternator charger charges it at higher rare than the cig socket. Thanks.

I linked your post to the Battery Box links I maintain here.

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom