The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

WolfBox - As A New Vendor, Offering 20% Off Discount!

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:31 PM
Reaction score
Ha, it’s a lot less complex than that @Clark Kent, they haven’t generated the discount code yet for the au website. Sorry to disappoint;) as I mentioned above they do things piecemeal.

On a plus note we’re gaining traction with the Grenadier mount.
Stu, re the mount are you talking about removing the rear view mirror entirely and replacing with a bracket that the wolfbox can mount to directly rather than using rubber straps (given that it's a tight fit with the cable arrangement of the wolfbox) something like this?

mirror mount 1.jpeg

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
Stu, re the mount are you talking about removing the rear view mirror entirely and replacing with a bracket that the wolfbox can mount to directly rather than using rubber straps (given that it's a tight fit with the cable arrangement of the wolfbox) something like this?

View attachment 7838972
You'll need an adapter for to fit the Grenadier, they are a twist lock. Ebay etc have them, but they aren't cheap $40-$60 AU

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You'll need an adapter for to fit the Grenadier, they are a twist lock. Ebay etc have them, but they aren't cheap $40-$60 AU
Yes, have done some searching and quite a choice on Aliexpress but identifying the correct mount seems a little difficult - for me at least and with some assurance it'll be the right one. My wolfbox works well but a little low perhaps to use as a normal mirror.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, have done some searching and quite a choice on Aliexpress but identifying the correct mount seems a little difficult - for me at least and with some assurance it'll be the right one. My wolfbox works well but a little low perhaps to use as a normal mirror.
I think with the lack of rear view I wouldn't use it that much. Glad it's working well....all I need now is a vehicle to put it in 🙄

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7838972
It’s to get away from the need to use the straps. They make one for Toyota and Jeep(it’s an option when you purchase) . I’m trying to get them to make one for Grenadier as well.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s to get away from the need to use the straps. They make one for Toyota and Jeep(it’s an option when you purchase) . I’m trying to get them to make one for Grenadier as well.
There is an adapter for the type of mount in the Grenadier

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
To those that installed the Wolfbox 900 series, do the standard cable lengths work, or did you get an extended harness?

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To those that installed the Wolfbox 900 series, do the standard cable lengths work, or did you get an extended harness?
No extension required for hardwire cables from the mirror along the roofline, down the A pillar to the fuse box near the ignition and same for gps module. I used a spare extension I had for the rear door camera cable running it along the roofline, down the A pillar, along the floor and into the same cable gland the goes from the body into the large rear door. The latter being the only difficult part in feeding the camera cable. Think I mounted the camera first then went down the door into the cable gland best I could.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:31 AM
Reaction score
Wolfbox confirmed that G890 cigarette lighter power cable has two wires. Thinking of adding either a cigarette lighter plug or DTP connectors to the right foot well power source and routing there.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No extension required for hardwire cables from the mirror along the roofline, down the A pillar to the fuse box near the ignition and same for gps module. I used a spare extension I had for the rear door camera cable running it along the roofline, down the A pillar, along the floor and into the same cable gland the goes from the body into the large rear door. The latter being the only difficult part in feeding the camera cable. Think I mounted the camera first then went down the door into the cable gland best I could.
Thanks for all the info, just confirming that the rear camera doesn't need the extension if mounted on the large door?

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, just confirming that the rear camera doesn't need the extension if mounted on the large door?
I had to use an extension... but I didn't use the camera that came with kit so not sure if the camera cables of the one I used and the one in the kit were the same length. I think you will struggle without an extension.

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:31 AM
Reaction score
@MrMike I have the G900 and didn’t need any extension cables to tidily run the camera cable from the display to the middle of the rear door. I had a couple of feet of slack in fact.

I’m curious to try @bakepl method of reusing the existing cable gland into the door. Doing that might require a short extension.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@MrMike I have the G900 and didn’t need any extension cables to tidily run the camera cable from the display to the middle of the rear door. I had a couple of feet of slack in fact.

I’m curious to try @bakepl method of reusing the existing cable gland into the door. Doing that might require a short extension.
Perfect thanks @FieldMonster 👍🏼

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had to use an extension... but I didn't use the camera that came with kit so not sure if the camera cables of the one I used and the one in the kit were the same length. I think you will struggle without an extension.
Just curious, why did you use a different camera?

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just curious, why did you use a different camera?
Ah, I have the 840s and although it comes with a rear camera the installation instructions recommend purchasing another camera they claim is better suited for low light/mounting inside the vehicle so I thought this best due to the dark tint of the privacy glass. (The image is still somewhat dark in some lighting conditions and I may move it to the outside but for now is fine and the lens doesn't foul up) Looks very similar to the one supplied with the 900 but has a hinge on it's base. I used the original camera that came with the mirror on the rear of my van (RV).

WOLFBOX D07 T10 G840S Original Rear Camera 1080P.

1704805070083.png

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ah, I have the 840s and although it comes with a rear camera the installation instructions recommend purchasing another camera they claim is better suited for low light/mounting inside the vehicle so I thought this best due to the dark tint of the privacy glass. (The image is still somewhat dark in some lighting conditions and I may move it to the outside but for now is fine and the lens doesn't foul up) Looks very similar to the one supplied with the 900 but has a hinge on it's base. I used the original camera that came with the mirror on the rear of my van (RV).

WOLFBOX D07 T10 G840S Original Rear Camera 1080P.

View attachment 7839111
What’s your opinion of the 840S image quality? I’m on the fence between these 850S and 900. I have not 100% identified the feature differences aside from resolution, but it is $100.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What’s your opinion of the 840S image quality? I’m on the fence between these 850S and 900. I have not 100% identified the feature differences aside from resolution, but it is $100.
Image quality is great but then I'd need to see the 900 side by side to see any real difference. Probably take a closer look at what rear cameras come with the units, maybe the same, maybe not. Both units get good reviews and I'm pleased with mine. With the 840S (purchased at a bargain price) I did have to upgrade the rear camera though and that was ok as I needed another camera for my van. If I was doing it again and didn't need the van camera, I'd likely look harder at the 900, only as I prescribe in general to the philosophy of 'you get what you pay for' and like to avoid the upgrade-itus syndrome.

Back
Top Bottom