The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

WolfBox - As A New Vendor, Offering 20% Off Discount!

Jeffrey.Sweeney

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
The 890 has 3 channels with the expectation of an "interior" camera in addition to the front and rear. This is appealing to me with the hopes of repurposing the interior cam to be a low front camera (like through the grill or something) - but I'm not sure how it all works. Obviously that camera would need to be replaced with an outdoor-rated one and I'm not sure if that's possible; their website doesn't do a great job offering information like that and I haven't really had a moment to dig into it.
Krabby, were you able to repurpose the 3rd camara hookup with an outdoor rated one? And if so, what model?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
Krabby, were you able to repurpose the 3rd camara hookup with an outdoor rated one? And if so, what model?
I decided to move away from that plan and just went with the 900. It’s actually sitting on my doorstep as I write this.

Jeffrey.Sweeney

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just for balance. My daughter doesn’t like the digital mirror. Unfortunately her dislike is not articulated very well unless anyone can translate a shrug of the shoulders and silence?
The digital image is different to a real mirror however, the flexibility and fantastic rear vision is in my opinion, well worth it.
I'll ask my daughter for a translation

Jeffrey.Sweeney

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Stu, So, if we went to them with a group of 100 or so people asking them to make a version with a non-integrated third camera option, perhaps they would consider it? Maybe .,.,.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
Stu, So, if we went to them with a group of 100 or so people asking them to make a version with a non-integrated third camera option, perhaps they would consider it? Maybe .,.,.
Would the third camera be the one facing the cabin?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My plan was to try to mount a front camera (maybe behind the grill) to see low in front of the truck. This would require an external camera (in lieu of the “interior” camera) but the available input on the unit and output of the cam is different.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:32 PM
Reaction score
where did you pick up the ground?

Looks like yellow is ignition (FC14)
Red is clock (FC4)

Did others do the red wire for the backup camera?

Thank you
sorry for the late reply.. I can't recall exactly but would have been some nut that was there and earthed that I could easily get to, on RHD likely something behind the bottom A pillar kick panel.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:32 AM
Reaction score
They're a business so I'm sure they would listen at least.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. That’s where mine will go. Wiper does the cleaning for you….
No worries. Once the tow package is reinstalled, I plan to add the hinge mount to the camera so it can be angled to view the trailer hitch.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No worries. Once the tow package is reinstalled, I plan to add the hinge mount to the camera so it can be angled to view the trailer hitch.
Were you able to install with standard wires supplied with the kit or did you need to buy additional extensions for the camera and power feed? I’ve heard conflicting info. Did you wire to the fuse box by the steering wheel?

I assume you fed the wires through the rear door?

I’m hoping to do this with the out of the box kit that comes with the 900.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Were you able to install with standard wires supplied with the kit or did you need to buy additional extensions for the camera and power feed? I’ve heard conflicting info. Did you wire to the fuse box by the steering wheel?

I assume you fed the wires through the rear door?

I’m hoping to do this with the out of the box kit that comes with the 900.
I purchased the extended camera cable thinking I would need it. Used the extended cable in initial installation and realized that it was too long. Ended up using the regular cable supplied with the kit. I used the fuse panel under the rear seats. Worked great in testing, but then the cable was too short to reach the mirror and Wolfbox doesn't sell an extended power cable. I didn't want to run power to the fuse panel under the steering g column. Using a cigarette lighter splitter inside the middle cubby for power. Thinking of eventually using the front right foot well power conduit by splicing DTP connector to cigarette lighter power cord, but having to flick the overhead switch each time to power the mirror seems one step too many.

I fed the wire kind of through the rear door. You'll see what I mean in the upcoming video.

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I purchased the extended camera cable thinking I would need it. Used the extended cable in initial installation and realized that it was too long. Ended up using the regular cable supplied with the kit. I used the fuse panel under the rear seats. Worked great in testing, but then the cable was too short to reach the mirror and Wolfbox doesn't sell an extended power cable. I didn't want to run power to the fuse panel under the steering g column. Using a cigarette lighter splitter inside the middle cubby for power. Thinking of eventually using the front right foot well power conduit by splicing DTP connector to cigarette lighter power cord, but having to flick the overhead switch each time to power the mirror seems one step too many.

I fed the wire kind of through the rear door. You'll see what I mean in the upcoming video.
TIA for the upcoming video. This is a terrific install and it seems a lot of folks on the forum want to follow your lead (including myself!).

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
having to flick the overhead switch each time to power the mirror seems one step too many
I have mine wired to one of the interior switches (i.e. using a footwell wire pair) and they’re only usually powered when the ignition is on, so no need to flick the switch each time.

Back
Top Bottom