The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

WolfBox - As A New Vendor, Offering 20% Off Discount!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:27 AM
Reaction score
No extension required for hardwire cables from the mirror along the roofline, down the A pillar to the fuse box near the ignition and same for gps module. I used a spare extension I had for the rear door camera cable running it along the roofline, down the A pillar, along the floor and into the same cable gland the goes from the body into the large rear door. The latter being the only difficult part in feeding the camera cable. Think I mounted the camera first then went down the door into the cable gland best I could.
I needed the extension when running the wires along the seals. I chose this route as it looked fairly easy to achieve and at the same time keep the wiring hidden. I can see that the roof route would be shorter.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
Ha, it’s a lot less complex than that @Clark Kent, they haven’t generated the discount code yet for the au website. Sorry to disappoint;) as I mentioned above they do things piecemeal.

On a plus note we’re gaining traction with the Grenadier mount.
Australian code is inbound. When the give it to me and its live then I'll update the original message.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Stu, re the mount are you talking about removing the rear view mirror entirely and replacing with a bracket that the wolfbox can mount to directly rather than using rubber straps (given that it's a tight fit with the cable arrangement of the wolfbox) something like this?

View attachment 7838972
as I understand it, you remove the INEOS mirror and mount the Wolfbox unit directly on the windshield mounting point. The ball as @Jean Mercier indicated in his post earlier, or whatever system they are using for the 2024 vehicles.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
Currently 25% Off on the Wolfbox site - this overrides Stu’s discount code. I was just comparing specs and seeing what’s included in the box, when I discovered $229 gets the G900 + 33ft video cable + 128gb card + free shipping.

I’ll wait on the MY24-specific Grenadier mount, but in the meantime I’ll try to figure out how to disassemble the Gren & Wolfbox ball mounts.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I found it pretty straightforward to get the various wires, plugs, jacks etc tucked just behind the airbag sign. Nicely hides them away. It does restrict the angle of the dangle, but - pro tip - having the screen angled slightly toward the roof doesn’t affect the visibility of the image and, as a useful side effect, prevents any annoying reflection from the rear door in the screen too. Result.
Hi Fieldmonster
Managed to get the wires tucked behind as you have done. Looks much neater.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
Currently 25% Off on the Wolfbox site - this overrides Stu’s discount code. I was just comparing specs and seeing what’s included in the box, when I discovered $229 gets the G900 + 33ft video cable + 128gb card + free shipping.

I’ll wait on the MY24-specific Grenadier mount, but in the meantime I’ll try to figure out how to disassemble the Gren & Wolfbox ball mounts.
OK, I know a lot of people don't trust it, but I have a "temporary" wire dangling mount of a Chinese Yantop group dashcam mirror and front CAM. Less than, 50 €/US$.
Looks identical to the Wolfbox!
Who copied whom? I don't mind ... the Chinese are copy cats, but have technology and engineers like we have. Everybody in the world copies everybody! Always been like this in the history of mankind!

Discount compared to the Wolfbox? Calculate by yourself ;-)
Same quality? I don't know, but from what I saw on this forum: yes (subjective opinion)
Warranty: 0
Delivery delay: quite OK, I ordered it December 22, and got it less than one week later.
I will post pictures once I do a final installation, not next week, too much other things to do.

But I am very happy with my "dangling" wire camera! Even at night! One week testing now!
Only problem: the user manual is tiny (for my old eyes) and uncomplete in my opinion.
And ... no micro SD card included: but I knew this! No problem at all.

Wolfbox camera? Yes, sure, quality probably, warranty for sure, made in China for sure ...

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For those that are interested in externally mounting their rear camera.
I have mounted mine at the back of the roof, center. I drilled no holes and routed the wires as pictured before securing with some transparent helicopter tape. I will make a tidier job of the tape once the weather warms up.
For the record. I have applied RainX to the rear lens and I have to rub my finger over the lens perhaps once a week.

Attachments

• IMG_0256.jpeg
    IMG_0256.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0257.jpeg
    IMG_0257.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0018.jpeg
    IMG_0018.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 184

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
OK, I know a lot of people don't trust it, but I have a "temporary" wire dangling mount of a Chinese Yantop group dashcam mirror and front CAM. Less than, 50 €/US$.
Who copied whom? I don't mind ... the Chinese are copy cats, but have technology and engineers like we have. Everybody in the world copies everybody! Always been like this in the history of mankind!

Same quality? I don't know, but from what I saw on this forum: yes (subjective opinion)
Delivery delay: quite OK, I ordered it December 22, and got it less than one week later.
I will post pictures once I do a final installation, not next week, too much other things to do.

But I am very happy with my "dangling" wire camera! Even at night! One week testing now!
Only problem: the user manual is tiny (for my old eyes) and uncomplete in my opinion.

Wolfbox camera? Yes, sure, quality probably, warranty for sure, made in China for sure ...

I also struggle with prices, especially when I see Wolfbox mirrors on Amazon for $119. But I still refuse to put the battery spy monitor on my Gren ;)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For the record. Like all sorts of electronics, my Wolfbox does seem to throw the odd wobbly. Nothing that loses my vision but just glitches such as loss of time, switching modes, etc. Bot sure if it might be damp related as my rear camera is externally mounted. Am keeping an eye on it.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
For the record. Like all sorts of electronics, my Wolfbox does seem to throw the odd wobbly. Nothing that loses my vision but just glitches such as loss of time, switching modes, etc. Bot sure if it might be damp related as my rear camera is externally mounted. Am keeping an eye on it.
It's just a glitch in the matrix.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone know how to separate the standard ball mount from the mirror socket? I want to see if the Wolfbox will fit right on the NA MY24 mount.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone know how to separate the standard ball mount from the mirror socket? I want to see if the Wolfbox will fit right on the NA MY24 mount.

good question. I am also replacing The mirror on my ‘87 Defender. Very similar ball and socket. I forcefully separated the 2 but it wasn’t attached to my truck so that made it much easier. Couldn’t figure out any other way.

EDIT: I just checked my new defender mirror and it came off and I was able to put it back on pretty easily. Maybe that is the way the Grenadier would come off.

Attachments

• IMG_9358.jpeg
    IMG_9358.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom