The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Winch recovery kit

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
11:28 PM
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood me. I only ever use a 7m recovery belt as a 3.5m bridle on a vehicle. Since one vehicle pulls and one is pulled, you ideally need 2 belts. In addition, with 3 belts you have different options. Tree anchor strap, deflection and extension. The loops on the belts are large enough to slide on both a rope and a flat belt.
Thanks, @Greasemonkey . I didn't misunderstand you. I just didn't understand you at all... :D (which is owed to the fact that I have never used a winch. just saw them on oversexed Defenders in posh neighbourhoods...)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
Three belts would work with one as a tree protector as that’s all they are anyway! A webbing strap sold as as a tree protector so they can charge more i suppose.
I’ll be using webbing straps as bridals because I already have them. But on top of that I’ve been making soft shackles during my convalescents and I’ll add a large diameter recovery ring and extra ropes that i already have as the winch rope is short.
I have a tow rope I’ve just slid onto a webbing strap to illustrate the bridal. Photo taken on my very empty driveway awaiting the much anticipated Grenadier View attachment 7811113View attachment 7811114
Has your agent done a home visit? It looks like there's a bit more weeding needed to be done in that gravel before it's fit for a Grenadier. 😉

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has your agent done a home visit? It looks like there's a bit more weeding needed to be done in that gravel before it's fit for a Grenadier. 😉
I’m not into the pristine look. Our garden or most of it is wildflower planting and a haven for wildlife. We never use chemicals although I do hoe up the weeds in the gravel occasionally. My Grenadier will be “rough and tough and bad to be with” he will not bother about mud or weeds 😂. And yes he is a he as women are far too complex 🤔

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I’m not into the pristine look. Our garden or most of it is wildflower planting and a haven for wildlife. We never use chemicals although I do hoe up the weeds in the gravel occasionally. My Grenadier will be “rough and tough and bad to be with” he will not bother about mud or weeds 😂. And yes he is a he as women are far too complex 🤔
Thank you! I finally have the answer why I always found it hard to accept that cars should have female names.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you! I finally have the answer why I always found it hard to accept that cars should have female names.
Boats are birds.
Cars,trucks, bikes are boys

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I went for the maxtrax in the end the and they have just arrived in the post. 👍🏼
…or fork out for the version with replaceable metal studs (Maxtrax Extreme).
Really these are perhaps best for rock-crawling, technical terrain where they’re being used regularly

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What's the plan for fitting?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve ordered the rhino rack pioneer flat mount brackets for maxtrax from TBR accessories as well as mounts for hilift jack 👍🏼

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Now that looks a decent soft shackle:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got yesterday my Off Road Recovery Kit:
20230624_152330.jpg20230624_152401.jpg

I also bought on Amazon a 28m, 10mm thick winch rope extension (3/8" 85ft), according to the website of Amazon 15000 lbs breaking strenghts (6800 kg) ... made in China! Seems to be about the same thickness as the Red Winch rope.
20230624_152956.jpg

Last edited:

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
May I ask how many Euros this set is?

AWo

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
I have ordered the Winch, although I will freely admit that I have never really ever had to recover any of my vehciles before - despite two previous vehicles having WARN winches fitted.
Would someone in the know like to suggest an alternate recovery kit of what you should buy - to suit the front Red Winch - using soft shackles, winch extensions, rings, tree protectors etc.
It appears to me as though the Red Winch kit doesn't cover all the bases, and is quite expensive.
I know there will always be alternate opinions, but there should be a basic kit that everyone could agree on.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:28 AM
Reaction score
@bigleonski from the website
I have ordered the Winch, although I will freely admit that I have never really ever had to recover any of my vehciles before - despite two previous vehicles having WARN winches fitted.
Would someone in the know like to suggest an alternate recovery kit of what you should buy - to suit the front Red Winch - using soft shackles, winch extensions, rings, tree protectors etc.
It appears to me as though the Red Winch kit doesn't cover all the bases, and is quite expensive.
I know there will always be alternate opinions, but there should be a basic kit that everyone could agree on.
I have a Warn winch (steel cable) which I have only ever used to recover myself once, but others about a dozen times. Maybe I' getting a little wiser :LOL:
I have ordered the winch, but will replace the (10M) rope with 30M of 10mm and add to that 2x soft shackles 1x ring as it already comes with one? and a 6M equalisation/tree trunk protector strap.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You need that green 5T recovery ring ro fit in the end of your winch rope when using So I’ll be getting one of those and I’ll be adding another snatch/recovery ring to my kit for a double line pull if needed. If you go to the red winch site you can put that kit together yourself for a cheaper price than Ineos are charging. Plenty of other quality brands around also. Those soft shackles in the kit look substantial though but can’t see a direct replacement on the red winch site as nothing in that colour and I don’t know what size they are.

Back
Top Bottom