The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:34 AM
Reaction score
Had the same thing since receiving the vehicle in May. Not yet had the software update but my dealer is well aware of the PDC problem and has the spares in stock. Apparently it is usually the N/S Rear which has the issue.
It’s working as normal today 🤣. No continuous tone. Try demonstrating that to the dealer.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:34 PM
Reaction score
It’s working as normal today 🤣. No continuous tone. Try demonstrating that to the dealer.
I've had the "continuous tone" syndrome just once. It started during a multipoint turn in our narrow inner city cul de sac and only ceased about 5 mins after engine shutdown and the vehicle had been closed and locked. Coming from the rear speakers, I'm inclined to treat it initially as "acoustic feedback" from the inbuilt microphone picking up the PDC tones and then the headunit amplifier going beserk....

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The big loud beep I get when putting in to reverse is annoying. I have to remember if I park too close to my garage wall, to deactivate sensors before engaging any gear. Waking a kid up is not fun!!!

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Had the same thing since receiving the vehicle in May. Not yet had the software update but my dealer is well aware of the PDC problem and has the spares in stock. Apparently it is usually the N/S Rear which has the issue.
Same here. Clearly a known problem.

gigglepot

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It is a known problem of some wiring rubbing on something and wearing through - causing the fault / warning lights to occur. Another car had the same problem. Also told a major software patch is coming ASAP. (details of the journey at length below - I have also attached a few photos).

Update 48 hours later.
Called INEOS Roadside service at about 12 midnight whilst working on some emails. They would send someone out then but they were just a 3rd party (Allianz?? service) no knowledge of the car. Be there in the hour. Declined and instead sent emails to the two dealers I have relationships with Brighton (nearest) and Warragul (where I purchased it from).
Brighton service manager replied at 6:53 in the morning. Known issue. Asked me to arrange towing in. (Warragul Service Manager also replied later in the morning)
Arranged for towing in via INEOS Roadside service. Arrived withing 50 mintues. Towed to dealer.
Called into the dealership later than day. Advised it was a known issue. Wire rubbing on a moving part by the sound of it. Apparently a 7hr fix. Not able to do it until Tuesday next week. Argh....
They arranged a replacement INEOS which I picked up the next morning (this morning).

I will update when I pick up my vehicle and confirm what the issue is and if I got the update and to what version.
The fieldmaster is still down and out. Been at the dealer now for 9 days and they still do not seem to know the cause of the issues. Hoping to get an update tomorrow.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had an engine check light come on and stay on no matter what I did. I stopped into the Shepparton dealer who immediately checked the car out (just in case) and at the same time did a software update. So far, no more warnings have appeared and everything seems to be working as it should.

A big shout out to Glen Henderson at Aaron Brain Motors - their service is esceptional.

Traveling Marvin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
Driving in -3°C conditions for only 2 km.
Driving back, the engine warning light comes on.
No active alarm displayed on the console (Vehicle information)

OBD2 diagnostics telles me :
"P20F2, SCR NOx Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold"

Engine warning light stayed on dashboard and needed an alarm reset.
Has not returned yet.

Maybe a hiccup, as I only moved the car for 5 minutes, stopped for a few minutes and then moved it back, with the engine and the cat still cold. Will see when it finally gets really cold.

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My orange engine warning light has come on. Only had the software reboot two weeks ago. Annoying!

Top Cat

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
I have posted before about the software issues I have had. At the Adelaide Motor and Camping show the Head Shed from Ineos Australia told me they had the software fix. Nearly a month later the dealer is still waiting for it.
Yes its annoying for us all but my experience with the vehicle in action is exactly what I was looking for. Its a new company and from concept to car in a short time is remarkable given COVID etc. So, I am prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt......but these things cannot drag on. Ineos has difficulty accepting that they have real customers, not just technical challenges. Their marketing is so slick but as I have said before the Customer Service department is in a caravan at the rear carpark with extension leads going to the factory. Public perception will quickly turn against them if they don't sort things out soon from ordering to communication to delivering a car that works.
I still think it's the best value for money for what I want, and it's not the only 4x4 on the market with issues.

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just for the hell of it, I've just read through this thread......again. Far from being depressed, it suddenly made me sit up and wonder.
We, AndreW & I were at the Ineos off-road do at Grisedale recently. There were three new Grenadiers (Fieldmasters & Quartermaster) there with all the advert splurge on banners beside each. Normally I would just ignore that but the last couple of lines really grabbed my attention. It said that these cars included -
" Lane departure warning system." AND
"Advanced emergency braking system."
Whilst the first may just be annoying, the second has some real potential for chaos, especially in view of the problems listed in this thread.
Me? I'm just glad I got in ahead of this 'upgrade' forced on this great car and I await with some trepidation reports of one of these stopping suddenly for a cattle grid or similar.
Maybe we should keep an ear open for the sudden disappearance (or demise) of the Product Liability team at Hambach......

Traveling Marvin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Me? I'm just glad I got in ahead of this 'upgrade' forced on this great car
They are only following EU law, requiring these assistants in each new car from 2024. One of the reasons I took the risk and ordered early. I do however hope that INEOS is allowed to disable all these when entering OffRoad Modo. Just like the seatbelt warning.

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
I do however hope that INEOS is allowed to disable all these when entering OffRoad Modo
Should, as offroad is considered not to be on legal roads, so regulations do not apply.

Following the law or not...it must work in a safe way.

Changing software code is not as easy as one might think. Changes must be thouroghly monitored and documented (for the monitoring authorities). Tests must be performed, etc. The authoroties are not interested in flaws which might brake comfort or annoy one, but they are very interested in safety functions).

AWo

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They are only following EU law, requiring these assistants in each new car from 2024. One of the reasons I took the risk and ordered early. I do however hope that INEOS is allowed to disable all these when entering OffRoad Modo. Just like the seatbelt warning.
Yeah I know....... but my point was more that we have these gizmos coming on top of already fragile ECU algorithms. That's worrying as is the "what-if" of them appearing on our currently unpolluted Grens?
Also tongue-in-cheek (TiC)..... Lane guidance when on Off Road mode? 3 ply perhaps?:ROFLMAO:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
.. Lane guidance when on Off Road mode? 3 ply perhaps?:ROFLMAO:
I experienced for the first time lane guidance when I got a Mercedes replacement car for my Grenadier. The first time, and second and third it scared 😱 me when I went on purpose over the lane ... I hate it

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
I have posted before about the software issues I have had. At the Adelaide Motor and Camping show the Head Shed from Ineos Australia told me they had the software fix. Nearly a month later the dealer is still waiting for it.
Yes its annoying for us all but my experience with the vehicle in action is exactly what I was looking for. Its a new company and from concept to car in a short time is remarkable given COVID etc. So, I am prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt......but these things cannot drag on. Ineos has difficulty accepting that they have real customers, not just technical challenges. Their marketing is so slick but as I have said before the Customer Service department is in a caravan at the rear carpark with extension leads going to the factory. Public perception will quickly turn against them if they don't sort things out soon from ordering to communication to delivering a car that works.
I still think it's the best value for money for what I want, and it's not the only 4x4 on the market with issues.
I couldn't agree more with your description of the IA response . My issues since collecting in May are unresolved , but the agent cant be blamed. IA are hiding under the desk for both agents and owners.
Wake up IA or we will be presenting a very poor picture to your new American customers who are not averse to class actions !

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My orange engine warning light has come on. Only had the software reboot two weeks ago. Annoying!
I have an early unit which has had no software updates yet. It was all going fine (apart from a few bings and bongs caused by me) until I ticked over 2000 k’s and then had orange engine warning lights that wouldn’t go away. It was probably pure coincidence, but I engaged the centre diff lock, and when I disengaged it the light went out and hasn’t been on again! 🤷‍♂️

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Get them booked in and refreshed with the new software - it honestly changes the vehicle. And you will be much happier!
My dealer was holding off with updates as apparently they were not all working as expected - that was a month or two ago now so will have to check again.

Back
Top Bottom