The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
I now have just under 1000 km on the clock.
Since the first day, the error message : malfunction emergency call, appears after every start.
The screen also shows : no cell phone connected! - although the reception strength of the phone is displayed at the top and Apple car play is activated on the screen.
I cannot test the off-road functions as the pin on the gearshift has been lost.
Any ideas on the emergency call?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:25 AM
Reaction score
I now have just under 1000 km on the clock.
Since the first day, the error message : malfunction emergency call, appears after every start.
The screen also shows : no cell phone connected! - although the reception strength of the phone is displayed at the top and Apple car play is activated on the screen.
I cannot test the off-road functions as the pin on the gearshift has been lost.
Any ideas on the emergency call?
All those messages disappeared after the Software update on mine.

What is this pin you and others talk about? Seems like we need to carry spaces?

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
Today I experienced the dodgy indicator (turn signal) sound. Instead of the neat ticking , I had a variety of distorted sounds.

After parking the vehicle sound was back to normal on way home.

I’ve heard others have had the same.

gigglepot

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:25 PM
Reaction score
Had my Fieldmaster for a bit over 2 weeks - love it.

Worth the wait but it seems to have had a similar electrical meltdown on the way home from work tonight - All the warning lights start flashing and a varierty of warning messages Gearbox Error, PDC error, Power Steeting Error, Uphill Assist not available, Downhill Assist not available, Reduced Branking Performance, TSA not available, ESC and ABS not available, Powertrain error.

Looks like I will be headed off the the dealer tomorrow. Anyone had same issues - Still drivable but very slugish to drive.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Worth the wait but it seems to have had a similar electrical meltdown on the way home from work tonight - All the warning lights start flashing and a varierty of warning messages Gearbox Error, PDC error, Power Steeting Error, Uphill Assist not available, Downhill Assist not available, Reduced Branking Performance, TSA not available, ESC and ABS not available, Powertrain error.

Looks like I will be headed off the the dealer tomorrow. Anyone had same issues - Still drivable but very slugish to drive.
I had this twice. ESC, TSC, DHill, Uphill, Power Steering failure, Braking etc - all at once. I just drove 20km, stopped, got a coffee and waited. Started and all good. A few days later did it again, rinse and repeat and since then (2 plus weeks) not a single alarm/beep/warning. ODD>

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

May I direct you to that post or the related ones? Experienced the same. Sounds like a earth ground fault.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Might be worth asking your dealer if you have the latest software. Latest software updated was in October I believe.

Traveling Marvin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I confirm that I had NO software issues since the October update (SW xxx1946) !
And I had everything from Transmission, Power Steering, Seatbelt warning, ECall, Park Sensors....
All gone since the update.
Also some annoying behaviour (car would jump back into "P" when it detects a door not fully closed) are much improved. Now it stays in "D", just puts a warning up - as it should. Seldom that I was so happy with a software update.

Only "Gremlin" left (beside water ingress) is a warning sound each time I drive a bit faster over a speed bump. I needed the Slow-Motion Video function of my smart phone to spot the split-second warning on my display. Apparently the back door sensor gets triggeres, and the Grenadier thinks the back door is open. But only for a fraction of a second. Sound more like hardware (sensor mount) than software and will hopefully be fixed next time I drop by my dealer.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I confirm that I had NO software issues since the October update (SW xxx1946) !
And I had everything from Transmission, Power Steering, Seatbelt warning, ECall, Park Sensors....
All gone since the update.
Also some annoying behaviour (car would jump back into "P" when it detects a door not fully closed) are much improved. Now it stays in "D", just puts a warning up - as it should. Seldom that I was so happy with a software update.

Only "Gremlin" left (beside water ingress) is a warning sound each time I drive a bit faster over a speed bump. I needed the Slow-Motion Video function of my smart phone to spot the split-second warning on my display. Apparently the back door sensor gets triggeres, and the Grenadier thinks the back door is open. But only for a fraction of a second. Sound more like hardware (sensor mount) than software and will hopefully be fixed next time I drop by my dealer.
I'm on 1946 also and today for the 3rd time the below showed up:
Downhill assist unavailable
Uphill assist unavailable
TSA not available
Reduced braking performance
I'll add to list for dealer to check.

Water ingress - your friend!

Reactions: PBD

gigglepot

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It is a known problem of some wiring rubbing on something and wearing through - causing the fault / warning lights to occur. Another car had the same problem. Also told a major software patch is coming ASAP. (details of the journey at length below - I have also attached a few photos).

Update 48 hours later.
Called INEOS Roadside service at about 12 midnight whilst working on some emails. They would send someone out then but they were just a 3rd party (Allianz?? service) no knowledge of the car. Be there in the hour. Declined and instead sent emails to the two dealers I have relationships with Brighton (nearest) and Warragul (where I purchased it from).
Brighton service manager replied at 6:53 in the morning. Known issue. Asked me to arrange towing in. (Warragul Service Manager also replied later in the morning)
Arranged for towing in via INEOS Roadside service. Arrived withing 50 mintues. Towed to dealer.
Called into the dealership later than day. Advised it was a known issue. Wire rubbing on a moving part by the sound of it. Apparently a 7hr fix. Not able to do it until Tuesday next week. Argh....
They arranged a replacement INEOS which I picked up the next morning (this morning).

I will update when I pick up my vehicle and confirm what the issue is and if I got the update and to what version.

Attachments

• 2023-11-21 21.41.53.jpg
    2023-11-21 21.41.53.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 2023-11-21 21.57.37.jpg
    2023-11-21 21.57.37.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 48

gigglepot

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
TSA not available

Apparently is a known issue. Brighton have my vehicle with same problem. Another customer has same issue. A wire rubbing on a moving part they said. It will be about a week to get it fixed. Got a Loan Ineos which was a plus.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Apparently is a known issue. Brighton have my vehicle with same problem. Another customer has same issue. A wire rubbing on a moving part they said. It will be about a week to get it fixed. Got a Loan Ineos which was a plus.
Now what would be of interest is: WHICH wire is this? If it's "known", it would be enormously helpful for all here how to possibly prevent the damage.

Thanks very much in advance!!

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did you swap out all the old bulbs with Leds. Mine trailer show a fault on the dash so perhaps I will give it a try
I did it,
Car doesn't know yet if it will accept it, must give it more time!
(I want to say goes, doesn't go!)

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some thing new today. After the software updated a month ago. My grenadier has a continuous beep when in reverse. Something wrong with the PDC, I’ve checked the outside, it’s clean and un damaged. Is it software problems again, thought they fixed everything. Anyone else?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Did you swap out all the old bulbs with Leds. Mine trailer show a fault on the dash so perhaps I will give it a try
Yes, new LED lights and wiring.
Dash shows trailer icon when indicators on. Correct operation!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
TSA not available

As I understand it, despite your head unit being updated, no one in Australia has had the full software update. The head unit one may help reduce some of the error messages but it still needs the full deal.

Mitchell300

GG-741
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some thing new today. After the software updated a month ago. My grenadier has a continuous beep when in reverse. Something wrong with the PDC, I’ve checked the outside, it’s clean and un damaged. Is it software problems again, thought they fixed everything. Anyone else?
Same with me, shows near side inner block in red.

GrenX

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Yes i have same problem

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same with me, shows near side inner block in red.
Had the same thing since receiving the vehicle in May. Not yet had the software update but my dealer is well aware of the PDC problem and has the spares in stock. Apparently it is usually the N/S Rear which has the issue.

Back
Top Bottom