The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
Since I had my SW updated I noticed that the engine sounds a bit more 'fruity' (Petrol) but my average fuel consumption seems to have gotten worse by 1 or 2 mpg (was getting 22 ish, now only 20) - does anyone know if there was a remap as part of the update?

Will do a long trip tmrw so that should confirm my suspicions on the fuel consumption unless it's just that it wasn't accurate before!

My tyre pressures seemed to have been lowered also so could be that, have put them back to how I had them before to sharpen up the handling

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
I have this warning sound bong noise as soon as I am descending a speed hump/ bump and in specific the larger or longer types of speed bumps, it does a bong noise regardless of the speed I am in and just once, on the descent.
Starting to think it could be a sensor issue to the rear door but I do not get any screen warnings, just that bong noise..
Anyone had this?

Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
I have this warning sound bong noise as soon as I am descending a speed hump/ bump and in specific the larger or longer types of speed bumps, it does a bong noise regardless of the speed I am in and just once, on the descent.
Starting to think it could be a sensor issue to the rear door but I do not get any screen warnings, just that bong noise..
Anyone had this?
I got the same bong noise this morning going over speed bumps. I think it is the parking sensors but could be wrong. It didn't do it when I slowed down more than normal going over the same speed bumps. Its definitely something to keep an eye on.

The only other issue I have had is there is a strange noise when the climate control is on the lowest setting. But only on the lowest setting, if I go one degree higher it goes away.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
Anyone get the i ndcators going bong instead of tick?
Happened to me twice , randomly

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
Anyone get the i ndcators going bong instead of tick?
Happened to me twice , randomly
Now that is a new one Taz! Nearly made me laugh! Mine is just the right of centre front parking sensor that can pick up round about traffic at 30 feet!!! Warning me to stop... hmm hmm hmm.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now that is a new one Taz! Nearly made me laugh! Mine is just the right of centre front parking sensor that can pick up round about traffic at 30 feet!!! Warning me to stop... hmm hmm hmm.
The IG is, at its heart, a BMW. Use of directionals is frowned upon.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
I have a new electrical problem with the trailer!
When I plug in the Grenadier, the display shows the error message: trailer electrics faulty and the position/parking lights on the right are switched off.
Trailer connected to VW bus, everything works.
Then to Bosch service, trailer and car checked with tester, everything ok.
Lights still don't work on the Grenadier and error message keeps coming up.

Local time
Reaction score
I got the bong sound going over speed bumps again today. This time with the parking sensors turned off.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a new electrical problem with the trailer!
When I plug in the Grenadier, the display shows the error message: trailer electrics faulty and the position/parking lights on the right are switched off.
Trailer connected to VW bus, everything works.
Then to Bosch service, trailer and car checked with tester, everything ok.
Lights still don't work on the Grenadier and error message keeps coming up.
FWIW: My trailer lights were causing problems with the Grenadier... a red warning light etc.
I swapped the multiple incandescent 5w light bulbs and replaced them with LEDs. Problem "solved"... in as much as the red warning light has not reappeared and now I get a green box trailer outline on the display!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
FWIW: My trailer lights were causing problems with the Grenadier... a red warning light etc.
I swapped the multiple incandescent 5w light bulbs and replaced them with LEDs. Problem "solved"... in as much as the red warning light has not reappeared and now I get a green box trailer outline on the display!
I renovated my 45 yo box trailer and put LEDs on ; works perfectly with the Gren!

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
I got the bong sound going over speed bumps again today. This time with the parking sensors turned off.
Iv tried shutting the rear door in various strengths and am pretty convinced it has something to do with the rear door sensor.. I’m due for the first 2k kms check soon and will raise it up with them.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can you engage offroad mode? I was chatting with another owner today who cannot engage offroad, and who earlier had some alerts over bumps 9disnt specify speed humps though). Has a suspicion theres an esc related sensor fault or issue. Would be interesting if you were having the same symptom set.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you checked rear door sensors, i was having this, should show up on the display but sometimes so quick you miss it, I had a problem initially that the sensors for the rear doors and it bonged all the time. Agent adjusted an all good now.

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
Iv tried shutting the rear door in various strengths and am pretty convinced it has something to do with the rear door sensor.. I’m due for the first 2k kms check soon and will raise it up with them.
Aha. That happened when I picked up the loaner. Driving down the road was getting random bong's.

It ended up needing the striker plate (on the large door) where the small door locks to the large door, moved slightly to allow the small door lock assembly fully engage and show closed..

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The only electrical issue I have with the Grenadier is the parking sensors. They warn me of nothing as soon as I start to drive. I disable them as soon as they go off, which is every time i drive the car.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have this symptom, I suspect an ESC fault.
You might want to test that Offroad Mode is working correctly.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have this symptom, I suspect an ESC fault.
You might want to test that Offroad Mode is working correctly.
My wife's Volvo throws up tyre pressure warnings sometimes if we hit speed bumps.
It somehow measures wheel speed as a measure of inflation.
Bloody sensors!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wife's Volvo throws up tyre pressure warnings sometimes if we hit speed bumps.
It somehow measures wheel speed as a measure of inflation.
Bloody sensors!
Yes, could be that also. The TPMS sensors and PDC sensors are all fussy.

Back
Top Bottom