The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:49 AM
Reaction score
I did extensive 1500km testing in deep sand dunes and extreme conditions most of us rarely experience and kept detailed log of alarms and issues, I want to deliver to the right Ineos Technical department. If you know someone let me know.
This is the place to do that. IA staff have eyes all around 👀

pete54

GG-2562
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
Me again…not sure whether to post here or the Centre Compass Thread - the height indicator.
I’ve just driven through Worcester (UK) town centre - possibly THE most inland city in England and my height dropped to -33ft at its peak…
I’ve assumed it’s feet above/below sea level?
Edinburgh is 4ft below sea level. Luckily I have the raised air intake.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
They are only following EU law, requiring these assistants in each new car from 2024. One of the reasons I took the risk and ordered early. I do however hope that INEOS is allowed to disable all these when entering OffRoad Modo. Just like the seatbelt warning.
Exactly - and on the new ones have the engine auto start stop "OFF" button removed because this counts in to total emissions and so to vehicle emissions tax.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:49 AM
Reaction score
Just a quick note: thinking about this, I wonder if once it’s synchronised at the dealer before collection then it uses barometric pressure which is why it varies daily?
Hmm, I don't know that either.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
Low range alarm sound.... was hauling up hill in low range, took it out of low range, all dash lights off, drives normally however over 40klm constant audible alarm from centre screen, nothing else other than tpms that's been in for ages. Have disengaged low-high few times, switched on off, still alarm over 40klm. Any ideas or at least how to turn alarm off?

Local time
Reaction score
Today, after a month and ten days in the workshop, I picked up the Grenadier with 1946 software and transfer case replaced.
In general, after a quick test, the 'off-road' compartment seems to work well. Differentials, gearbox, transfer case, wade mode, off road mode, uphill and downhill assistant: all OK.
A few signs of problems (ESC not avalable, 0% battery,) appeared and disappeared after five minutes of standstill. Now the car runs straight
However, I have a few minor problems that are a bit annoying
The blue flashing maintenance message appears at the bottom of the screen where ODO and autonomy is. The dealer told me it's a software bug, but I don't really believe it. Do you know if there is a way to get rid of it?
I have a noise coming from behind when the cooling/heating fan is off. If I turn it on even at idle, the noise disappears. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
I will see how it goes over the next few days. Fingers crossed
Many thanks and greetings to all

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today, after a month and ten days in the workshop, I picked up the Grenadier with 1946 software and transfer case replaced.
In general, after a quick test, the 'off-road' compartment seems to work well. Differentials, gearbox, transfer case, wade mode, off road mode, uphill and downhill assistant: all OK.
A few signs of problems (ESC not avalable, 0% battery,) appeared and disappeared after five minutes of standstill. Now the car runs straight
However, I have a few minor problems that are a bit annoying
The blue flashing maintenance message appears at the bottom of the screen where ODO and autonomy is. The dealer told me it's a software bug, but I don't really believe it. Do you know if there is a way to get rid of it?
I have a noise coming from behind when the cooling/heating fan is off. If I turn it on even at idle, the noise disappears. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
I will see how it goes over the next few days. Fingers crossed
Many thanks and greetings to all
Ciao Mauro, what about the vibrations you were (I think all of us;-) reporting? You are at Autotorino VR, right? Did they tell you how many SW upgrades they have performed? They just called me yesterday for an appointment (new SW release, new transfer case etc) on 8 January. At this stage after 10k km I will also go for an oil change.

Local time
Reaction score
Ciao Pat. I dont have any vibration, if you refer to engine or gearbox. But my car is petrol. I just have a noise (it seems from the rear) when the fan of air-con is setting off.
And i have that very boring and annoying blue flashing message of maintenance in 15.000 km!
The dealer said they have done a lot of SW upgrades.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
My front proximity sensor is too bloody sensitive. Sometimes goes off for no reason (no car in front , just stopped at the line).
I can't recall if anyone found a way to turn this off without having to turn it off each time you start the car?
Or do I have to put it in park at every stoplight?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My front proximity sensor is too bloody sensitive. Sometimes goes off for no reason (no car in front , just stopped at the line).
I can't recall if anyone found a way to turn this off without having to turn it off each time you start the car?
Or do I have to put it in park at every stoplight?
Same Taz. On my fault list my right hand side picks up other cars in the round about at 30 feet WTF. I never drive with sensors on anyway but when you do forget and bub is woken because of it - rage starts!!

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a workshop appointment on Friday to change the transfer case gearshift. The error message "emergency call error" disappeared just in time the day before.

jkloy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had my software update about two months ago and first it looked all fine, but now since a week or so I experienced a new error message, saying: ESC-OFF - downhill/uphill assistent not available. It seems to appear randomly while driving.
And another issue, which my dealer could not explain is the following: When I fill up the car to 100%, my display shows the remaining distance in km just as >570 km instead of the correct number as you can see in the picture. My question: Has anyone same experience with the display? What is shown there, when you when your gasoline tank is fully filled up? I would appreciate, if you could show me photos, because my dealer argues that this could be a restriction on the display which possibly cannot show more than 570. I think, this is a silly explanation....why should any software engineer restrict the display just to that number?

Attachments

• Restliche Reichweite.jpg
    Restliche Reichweite.jpg
    700.5 KB · Views: 19

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And another issue, which my dealer could not explain is the following: When I fill up the car to 100%, my display shows the remaining distance in km just as >570 km instead of the correct number as you can see in the picture. My question: Has anyone same experience with the display? What is shown there, when you when your gasoline tank is fully filled up? I would appreciate, if you could show me photos, because my dealer argues that this could be a restriction on the display which possibly cannot show more than 570. I think, this is a silly explanation....why should any software engineer restrict the display just to that number?
I agree completely with the dealer. If I fill my tank it shows the remaining distance as >350 miles. It stay like this until the range drops below 350 mile range then decreases with driven miles.
I suspect the reason is the shape of the tank makes accurate calibration above a certain capacity difficult as it won't be a linear progression

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had my software update about two months ago and first it looked all fine, but now since a week or so I experienced a new error message, saying: ESC-OFF - downhill/uphill assistent not available. It seems to appear randomly while driving.
Hi Jkloy, greetings from Italy. I am still running the old SW version. After filling up the tank my autonomy would show >621km (or similar) - however my autonomy should be between 750 and 850km according to my usual Diesel consumption. I think the logical limitation should be the highest three digit number (999) but then they were applying the conversion from miles to km. Not sure about - just trying to understand the logic or misleading logic.
I still have my random error messages (with effectively no error) - just a matter of not flashing the memory, Let's see after my SW upgrade due on 9th January.

jkloy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Jkloy, greetings from Italy. I am still running the old SW version. After filling up the tank my autonomy would show >621km (or similar) - however my autonomy should be between 750 and 850km according to my usual Diesel consumption. I think the logical limitation should be the highest three digit number (999) but then they were applying the conversion from miles to km. Not sure about - just trying to understand the logic or misleading logic.
I still have my random error messages (with effectively no error) - just a matter of not flashing the memory, Let's see after my SW upgrade due on 9th January.
thank you for your information, Pat. I just try to collect the different display experiences of grenadier owners and maybe it helps then to reveal the logic behind.

Back
Top Bottom