The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Brendang

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
I had that the it reappeared on the LHD, mine is a RHD it was fixed by pressing mute in for 6 seconds or more
Had the same issue. Only corrected after turning off for 3 min. But also having the seat belt warning gremlins and various errors: Pdc error, transmission error etc

Local time
11:28 AM
Reaction score
These things are proving to be more and more like a LR, battery disconnect and hard reset is a well known fix for electrical faults

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:28 PM
Reaction score
These things are proving to be more and more like a LR, battery disconnect and hard reset is a well known fix for electrical faults
Automotive equivalent of ctrl-alt-dlt

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I know nothing about the new Land Rovers, but my older ones never had electronic issues.
Not even the one from 2013.
The Land Cruiser 200, from 2007, however is having electronic issues all the time. I all ways carry an OBD2 reader in that one, so I don't have to disconnect the batteries for resetting.
After a small car’s worth of repairs, Land Cruiser repairs are extremely expensive in europe, I hope this year will be better.
Apart from that it's a nice car for touring, especially if you are getting older, stiffer, shorter (you can lower the car), fatter (to get some hold in the seats) and richer (16 liter of diesel on 100 km. minimum).

Have a nice day, Fabio

IMG_5886.jpeg

Local time
11:28 AM
Reaction score
I know nothing about the new Land Rovers, but my older ones never had electronic issues.
Not even the one from 2013.
The Land Cruiser 200, from 2007, however is having electronic issues all the time. I all ways carry an OBD2 reader in that one, so I don't have to disconnect the batteries for resetting.
After a small car’s worth of repairs, Land Cruiser repairs are extremely expensive in europe, I hope this year will be better.
Apart from that it's a nice car for touring, especially if you are getting older, stiffer, shorter (you can lower the car), fatter (to get some hold in the seats) and richer (16 liter of diesel on 100 km. minimum).

Have a nice day, Fabio

View attachment 7821521
Totally off topic but we just did a 16000km trip towing a van through Australia, we averaged 14.5l per 100km with the Disco 4, friends we were travelling with had a 200 and exactly the same van we’re over 19l per 100 and constantly needing to stop for fuel, they are a thirsty beast

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
Contacted my Agent today, asking the usual question: when do we expect a SOFTWARE update? Reason I asked was it was suggested it could happen 5 weeks after delivery, then the first week of August.

Latest update from my agent - NO IDEA WHEN!

Last edited:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone have a responsive contact within INEOS? I just want to ask a direct question; when will the software update be released?

My vehicle was built in February, and still no update?

Reactions: PBD

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We were told the Chinese were good at this... electrical stuff...

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
HI! FIRST HEATING PROBLEM.
All ghost gremlins until today made no problems. One alarm ended after half an hour, an never came back. BUT YESTERDAY:
I wanted to heat the car (for the first time) - but warm air ONLY came on the driver side, on the other side (right side) it stayed cold.
HAS ANYONE HAD THIS AT HIS INEOS, TOO?

Local time
Reaction score
mileage counter/odometer malfunction

my odometer recently started showing only 0-0-0-0 - has anyone else had this problem? have now driven approx. 5000km

(FM diesel with rough package, registered beginning of may 23)

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
mileage counter/odometer malfunction

my odometer recently started showing only 0-0-0-0 - has anyone else had this problem? have now driven approx. 5000km

(FM diesel with rough package, registered beginning of may 23)
Yes mine did that for one long journey then reset the next day with no lost mileage

Local time
Reaction score
and another fault/malfunction (unfortunately I can't find a suitable subforum);

I have quite a lot of water in the body cavity in front of or under the boot cover behind the seal after driving in the rain and after the car wash - does anyone know the problem? The boot itself is dry. There is no drain in this cavity, so can't be normal....

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve got a new warning code.. it nice to see something new and after seeing it on one trip yesterday, it’s not reappeared...!

Attachments

• IMG_0274.jpeg
    IMG_0274.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 7

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine constantly thinks it's leaning left by 4 degrees according to off-road settings.

Back
Top Bottom