The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:48 AM
Reaction score
lt's classed as Commercial with DVLA but not with HMRC

So l can't put it through my LTD company and claim the tax back. Doing this with my Defender has saved me £14,000

lf l do put it through my company it will be classed as a car and will cost me a fortune in BIK (Benefit ln Kind)
I tried the same. Ended up with the commercial anyway as the rfl is lower and it’s cheaper than the bellstaff like for like.. your only hope is that it’s a dedicated work vehicle/ pool car.

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
@KDJDGrenadier Interesting, many seem to have a least the seat belt warnings, tpms or parking sensor errors. Maybe the AU vehicles dodged a few gremlins.
Hi Mark, i am thinking that by the time they arrived in Australia there were already a few pre-delivery faults identified that were resolved. Not sure but maybe even a software update fixed a lot of the warnings that others experience

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday the power steering error light came on the main infotainment screen briefly but not on the small screen in front of the steering wheel and didn’t effect the steering, Slightly concerning seeing the problems we’ve had over the last few weeks. And today coming down the M4 at 70mph a red warning on main and small screen saying position light error and a couple of bong noises, this came on and off intermittently. Didn’t effect driving and no idea what position light error is View attachment 7821007View attachment 7821008View attachment 7821009
So we’ve found out what the position light error is. The front left orange light fitted into the bumper that looks like an indicator isn’t working. These two orange lights one either side come on when main beam lights are on, the left one is not working but when indicating left we get a red warning in the small screen and a position light error message in the main infotainment screen. When not using the lights or indicator then an intermittent message comes up on main screen to say “position light error”. So nothing serious but annoying bonging noise when lights are on and indicating left. All other indicators and lights are working fine. Other than that no other messages on 90mile drive this morning. No time to get this fixed now so hoping the agent in Cape Town can fix on our arrival. We will try to arrange in advance.

Reactions: PBD

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mmhh - would fit an LED, if the light circuit will allow it and not show a message!
I'd have thought the original is an LED, aren't all the other external lights LED?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'd have thought the original is an LED, aren't all the other external lights LED?
I’m guessing that they are all LED. I aim to get sorted maybe with software update in Cape Town.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m guessing that they are all LED. I aim to get sorted maybe with software update in Cape Town.
It is possible, I agree highly unlikely in a new LED, that the actual LED itself has failed. If it is readily, and cheaply, available nothing lost in just replacing it first.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
With it being the front left, and you having the steering pump, which is located in that same area, replaced, then there's a chance that they went in from the wheel arch and maybe disconnected the light for better access. It may just not have been fully clicked home on reconnection and vibrated into open circuit?

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:48 AM
Reaction score
I have a few of them, mainly directly after the start: often „Gearbox“ , „PDC“ , „Airbag“…. After a few minutes they go back into the „Gremlin-Box“! The most funny thing so far - happens twice in the last 1500 km- the indicator signal changes the sound, every time using it. It can besolved by switching the car off and restart.
I habe no problem to ignore all these , but waiting for an update. It would be nice to get a signal if there is a real problem….. 😂

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have a few of them, mainly directly after the start: often „Gearbox“ , „PDC“ , „Airbag“…. After a few minutes they go back into the „Gremlin-Box“! The most funny thing so far - happens twice in the last 1500 km- the indicator signal changes the sound, every time using it. It can besolved by switching the car off and restart.
I habe no problem to ignore all these , but waiting for an update. It would be nice to get a signal if there is a real problem….. 😂
anyone got any idea when the software update is coming

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
New one today - "eCall error" orange warning. The eCall button on the roof remained green-lit which apparently is OK. No idea.

Also had the power steering one again briefly and took it to the dealer - they are aware of the faults.

Interestingly, they were not aware of the NATO socket problem or the 10 pin vs 13 pin socket situation on the tow pack. Neither were they aware of the missing footwell socket outlets. They are now.

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
I wouldn’t rely on this but according to my dealer the software update is now expected in September and Ineos are aware of the 10 (not 13) pins and are looking at a fix for the fridge pin to become active. I should have mentioned the missing footwell sockets. I had assumed in a defeatist way that Ineos would just say they had fulfilled their “promise” by leaving the relevant wires (albeit very well hidden and not easily usable). I add this to my list to raise. Interestingly I am now being told I need a replacement transfer box albeit I have had vehicle since early May and don’t think I have an issue with the transfer box I have?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wouldn’t rely on this but according to my dealer the software update is now expected in September and Ineos are aware of the 10 (not 13) pins and are looking at a fix for the fridge pin to become active. I should have mentioned the missing footwell sockets. I had assumed in a defeatist way that Ineos would just say they had fulfilled their “promise” by leaving the relevant wires (albeit very well hidden and not easily usable). I add this to my list to raise. Interestingly I am now being told I need a replacement transfer box albeit I have had vehicle since early May and don’t think I have an issue with the transfer box I have?
Thanks for the detailed update(y) . Are you able to tell us the last 4 digits of your VIN in regards to the T/F box or the TF Box series?
There seems so many "Items" for the list of 'fixes'...I guess that's the attraction of being an early adopter! :)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos are aware of the 10 (not 13) pins and are looking at a fix for the fridge pin to become active.
I think the best way to make it active is to actually fit one, and the associated cabling.
Interestingly I am now being told I need a replacement transfer box albeit I have had vehicle since early May and don’t think I have an issue with the transfer box I have?
I think they must have known about this for a while, but just aren't telling people until they have the parts and workshop capacity to swap?

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed update(y) . Are you able to tell us the last 4 digits of your VIN in regards to the T/F box or the TF Box series?
There seems so many "Items" for the list of 'fixes'...I guess that's the attraction of being an early adopter! :)
Sure, the vehicle is a diesel N1 and the VIN ends sub 1000. The transfer box on it is sub 1400 (August 22 vintage) with no lettering/suffix on the Tremec P/N shown

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Since I turn the key in one go when starting, I have had no or only very sporadic error indications.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the best way to make it active is to actually fit one, and the associated cabling.

I think they must have known about this for a while, but just aren't telling people until they have the parts and workshop capacity to swap?
Alternatively they thought they could just get away with changing the ones that failed a test (we know that many of the early ones had papers that said transfer ok or something indicating that they had been checked) and may have now decided they should chnage them all or a broader range of them.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Alternatively they thought they could just get away with changing the ones that failed a test (we know that many of the early ones had papers that said transfer ok or something indicating that they had been checked) and may have now decided they should chnage them all or a broader range of them.
Yes, I heard it was the ones that had been identified previously as needing a test and had passed. Perhaps more info on the root cause was available following a fuller investigation and there's a possibility these passed cases could fail at some time in the future.

The first ones under this ”recall” were several weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom