The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

CBN

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
I hadn't had a single warning message at all until last night when I turned the high beam on and all hell broke loose. Was getting a whole heap of error messages (photos attached) and the ESC fault was also permanent on the telltale screen. Happened a few times on the way home (4 hour drive) after stopping and restarting.

Also which was odd, the high beam would cut out after about 20 seconds, the dash lights would go off for a few seconds and the windscreen wipers would come on.

There is also some sort of metallic rattling coming I think from the behind the firewall, but I cant find the source

Attachments

• PXL_20230806_114213246.jpg
    PXL_20230806_114213246.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 88
  • PXL_20230806_114208900.jpg
    PXL_20230806_114208900.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 90
Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score
I hadn't had a single warning message at all until last night when I turned the high beam on and all hell broke loose. Was getting a whole heap of error messages (photos attached) and the ESC fault was also permanent on the telltale screen. Happened a few times on the way home (4 hour drive) after stopping and restarting.

Also which was odd, the high beam would cut out after about 20 seconds, the dash lights would go off for a few seconds and the windscreen wipers would come on.

There is also some sort of metallic rattling coming I think from the behind the firewall, but I cant find the source
voltage drop from turning on the high beams? Low battery voltage seems to have been behind many of the "bongs and alerts" issues.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:28 AM
Reaction score
Sounds like you could flip a coin, heads AA, tails Ghostbusters. 😜

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score
I got this today or first time - just started as i was driving along. Quite loud continious tone which reduced in level to a piercing but mid frequency tone. No alarm lights on . It continued when car turned off and locked. Oprned up again and it was coming from passenger side speaker, but radio off. Locked car again and still making tone as walked away. Returned 3 hours later and all quiet and drove home OK.

Any ideas?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got this today or first time - just started as i was driving along. Quite loud continious tone which reduced in level to a piercing but mid frequency tone. No alarm lights on . It continued when car turned off and locked. Oprned up again and it was coming from passenger side speaker, but radio off. Locked car again and still making tone as walked away. Returned 3 hours later and all quiet and drove home OK.

Any ideas?
I'm sure it will be sorted in the miracle software update / fix.

Sorry - I've got nothing other than that. :censored:

Local time
Reaction score

Any ideas?
Easy fix, put on your rose coloured glasses and tell yourself it’s a great buy and these things are to be expected

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:28 PM
Reaction score
There’s a software issue on mine that doesn’t allow me to tweak the locks. when you open the drivers door, it’s supposed to unlock them all. However on mine, when you open the passenger door, it opens them all. A double click on the fob does unlock all doors as you say.
It must think the steering wheel is on the "right" side!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Any ideas?
Is there anything in the Vehicle Information screen menu of logged faults?

Coming from only one side speaker suggests it's not a system fault generated alarm but perhaps an electrical/electronic interference through the speaker?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Another post (can't remenber which forum it was) showed that the date was reset to 01.01.2016,
Was that the date of the glint in Sir Jim's eye?

• Haha
Reactions: IGL

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When using Android Auto my entire infotainment screen occasionally goes blank for a few seconds. For a brief moment I don't even know what speed I am going at! TBH I found this a bit shocking.

Oscar01

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
Yesterday my IG offered me a Gremlin, I go to do some shopping, and inside the garage when I start, the starter motor works, but it doesn't start, once, twice, three times,... I wait a bit, four times,... the same, the starter motor works, with force, and nothing, it's as if it was lacking diesel, and the yellow engine light comes on in the light box behind the steering wheel.
I decide to take a walk, to see if the shopping centre has some rose-coloured glasses, and while I'm thinking how the tow truck is going to get the car out of here, I go back to the car, I put the key in, it does the test of the lights in the light box behind the steering wheel, the yellow engine failure light stays on, I check in the menu that the battery says it is at 94%, I turn the key to start it and magic, it starts the first time and the yellow engine failure light goes off.
If every time this happens I have to "reset the car", I will have to be patient, at least, as the fault will have been registered, I suppose that INEOS will be able to tell me something when I take the car to the garage.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
When using Android Auto my entire infotainment screen occasionally goes blank for a few seconds. For a brief moment I don't even know what speed I am going at! TBH I found this a bit shocking.
I had this happen for the first time yesterday. Just setting off, screen was on, then as I think Android Auto was doing it's handshake it all went blank for maybe 20 seconds.

jkloy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
I had this happen for the first time yesterday. Just setting off, screen was on, then as I think Android Auto was doing it's handshake it all went blank for maybe 20 seconds.
it happend twice to me so far. While driving, screenpart with speed indicator went black for 3-5 seconds, then restored to normal.

Back
Top Bottom