The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
and another fault/malfunction (unfortunately I can't find a suitable subforum);

I have quite a lot of water in the body cavity in front of or under the boot cover behind the seal after driving in the rain and after the car wash - does anyone know the problem? The boot itself is dry. There is no drain in this cavity, so can't be normal....
Do you mean the scuff panel assembly?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve got a new warning code.. it nice to see something new and after seeing it on one trip yesterday, it’s not reappeared...!
Keep a spare key fob battery in your wallet. I met a mechanic in Namibia who diagnosed a flat key fob battery at a safari camp‘s two Defender that had been out of action for months.
my own defender had a flat key fob battery that caused the alarm to go off every time I tried to unlock the vehicle 👍🏼

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Keep a spare key fob battery in your wallet. I met a mechanic in Namibia who diagnosed a flat key fob battery at a safari camp‘s two Defender that had been out of action for months.
my own defender had a flat key fob battery that caused the alarm to go off every time I tried to unlock the vehicle 👍🏼
I’ve not checked but I’m guessing they are cr32s.. it’s good advice and the alert has not repeated since. I believe the Gren can be fully operational with just the key, but I may be wrong.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve not checked but I’m guessing they are cr32s.. it’s good advice and the alert has not repeated since. I believe the Gren can be fully operational with just the key, but I may be wrong.
That would be good news re operational without the key.

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:36 AM
Reaction score
HI! FIRST HEATING PROBLEM.
All ghost gremlins until today made no problems. One alarm ended after half an hour, an never came back. BUT YESTERDAY:
I wanted to heat the car (for the first time) - but warm air ONLY came on the driver side, on the other side (right side) it stayed cold.
HAS ANYONE HAD THIS AT HIS INEOS, TOO?
So you are the first with a dual zone heating. You only have to find out how it works. 🤔

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score
Mines the exact same!
try driving in same direction but on the other side of the road... when safe to do so:eek:... I watched the Left-Right tilt change with the road camber earlier tonight depending on whether I was in the left or right lane (2 lanes each way on "B" grade "highway" ... well what else does one do to relieve the boredom ...?:unsure:;) ( I am most impressed with the spread of the headlights on high beam!(y))

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
try driving in same direction but on the other side of the road... when safe to do so:eek:... I watched the Left-Right tilt change with the road camber earlier tonight depending on whether I was in the left or right lane (2 lanes each way on "B" grade "highway" ... well what else does one do to relieve the boredom ...?:unsure:;) ( I am most impressed with the spread of the headlights on high beam!(y))
Tried that - drive on the wrong side to see if its a camber issue. Takes some of it away but still shows roll to the left even when I can feel a physical roll to the right.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That would be good news re operational without the key.
I can confirm that irrespective of the key fob battery, you can open, lock and drive the Gren using just the key. On mine, unlocking with the key, unlocks all the doors, whereas using the fob only does the drivers door.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I assume a second press opens the others, and you can program it to open all at once via the infotainment screen?
There’s a software issue on mine that doesn’t allow me to tweak the locks. when you open the drivers door, it’s supposed to unlock them all. However on mine, when you open the passenger door, it opens them all. A double click on the fob does unlock all doors as you say.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There’s a software issue on mine that doesn’t allow me to tweak the locks. when you open the drivers door, it’s supposed to unlock them all.
I didn't know that...it seems counter-intuitive to what the purpose of driver door only opening is supposed to be about?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't know that...it seems counter-intuitive to what the purpose of driver door only opening is supposed to be about?
I think the software is set up for a left hand drive entry. Mine was a very early car, mid December, sub 700 vin and the dealer and Ineos did try to remedy pre delivery in April. it doesn’t bother my tbh and it’ll get sorted when the software update is done.

Back
Top Bottom