The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
Yes, I heard it was the ones that had been identified previously as needing a test and had passed. Perhaps more info on the root cause was available following a fuller investigation and there's a possibility these passed cases could fail at some time in the future.

The first ones under this ”recall” were several weeks ago.
Mine is also going to be changed. I was told by an Ineos engineer that the early models were fitted with a transfer box that was out of spec. They found that they were failing in the first 30 or so miles, hence mine had 45 miles on it and a green dot on the dashboard near to the transfer gear-lever, indicating a pass. However they were always going to change them later on for in spec versions, just failed to tell us!!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:28 AM
Reaction score
Mine is also going to be changed. I was told by an Ineos engineer that the early models were fitted with a transfer box that was out of spec. They found that they were failing in the first 30 or so miles, hence mine had 45 miles on it and a green dot on the dashboard near to the transfer gear-lever, indicating a pass. However they were always going to change them later on for in spec versions, just failed to tell us!!
Do you have any idea of what defines an early model? e g. the first thousand? Any symptoms to watch/listen for? I have a long trip beginning in a few weeks ...forewarned is forearmed !

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
Mine is one of the first 1.100. Until yesterday (km 2.500 in 25 days) only lots of gremlins, everything okay.
Today morning the FIRST REAL PROBLEM:
The noise of "fasten seat belt" - I had fastened it already - not only for two minutes, but for half an hour! (Engine stop; close, open, close the belt - nothing helped). Then I stopped because I arrived. We will see - tomorrow I have to start again - what will happen then.
New day, new chance!

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is one of the first 1.100. Until yesterday (km 2.500 in 25 days) only lots of gremlins, everything okay.
The noise of "fasten seat belt" - I had fastened it already - not only for two minutes, but for half an hour! (Engine stop; close, open, close the belt - nothing helped). Then I stopped because I arrived. We will see - tomorrow I have to start again - what will happen then.
New day, new chance!
We had it one time from the right back seat belt. Never came up again

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you have any idea of what defines an early model? e g. the first thousand? Any symptoms to watch/listen for? I have a long trip beginning in a few weeks ...forewarned is forearmed !
Mine ends 0697, manufactured 21/12/22. Had no symptoms at all with my transfer case.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
New day, new chance!
pull the 5 and 7.5 fuses under the ignition key, turn the ignition on/off, put the fuses back in, should be gone

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
New day, new chance!
I had that with the pdc this morning. the sound dimmed down a lttle bit after 30 seconds but kept on buzzing.
A new start at the traffic light showed no change. after some hours I started the car again and it was behaving good again.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I had a new Gremlin that was not funny at all. Whilen driving the entire screen went black. Nothing on anymore! No speed, no nothing. I stopped and after 3 new starts it went all back to normal.
I believe Ineos should really speed up with a new software!!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine ends 0697, manufactured 21/12/22. Had no symptoms at all with my transfer case.
That's your VIN and vehicle manufactured date rather than transfer case details?

Telliottaus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:28 AM
Reaction score
Today I had a new Gremlin that was not funny at all. Whilen driving the entire screen went black. Nothing on anymore! No speed, no nothing. I stopped and after 3 new starts it went all back to normal.
I had that the it reappeared on the LHD, mine is a RHD it was fixed by pressing mute in for 6 seconds or more

jkloy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had this two times for now and about in 2000 km so far. Only the left part (for left hand drive) of the screen with speed,rpm, fuel gauge, etc) went suddenly black for 3-5 seconds. Then automatically came back. Navigation map on the right hand side of the screen was still normal.

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today morning: The noise of "fasten seat belt" - I had fastened it already - not only for two minutes, but for half an hour! (Engine stop; close, open, close the belt - nothing helped). Then I stopped because I arrived.
UPGRADE: Today no more noise. Everything okay. (y)
I´ve heard another tipp: Turn the engine off. Close the car. Wait 10-12 minutes. You have to wait so long because it needs so much time until everything in the car is without power. Then try again.

Firestarter_phil

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The only thing that I have had is a TPMS issue, where is suggested by pressure was too low when it was not. I reset the pressures and it has not misbehaved since. Other than that……no issues

Firestarter_phil

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I´ve heard another tipp: Turn the engine off. Close the car. Wait 10-12 minutes. You have to wait so long because it needs so much time until everything in the car is without power. Then try again.
I drove off without fastening my seatbelt (very naughty, I know). The chimes started and even after I plugged my belt in……they continued.
When I got to the end of the road, I indicated left and they stopped, when the indicator notification started.
not sure this is a ‘solution’ but it is what occurred!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:28 AM
Reaction score
A close mate maintains "big" helicopters in out of the way places in north west Australia servicing the oil and gas industry. If there are persistent warnings which they know to be false, they shut down, disconnect the battery/batteries for 5 mins then re-start. Almost always, the warnings disappear! He's been in this occupation for over 20 yrs and said they've never had a major mechanical malfunction, such is the mechanical reliability ...but the avionics are so complex, it's inevitable re. spurious warnings/error messages

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A close mate maintains "big" helicopters in out of the way places in north west Australia servicing the oil and gas industry. If there are persistent warnings which they know to be false, they shut down, disconnect the battery/batteries for 5 mins then re-start. Almost always, the warnings disappear! He's been in this occupation for over 20 yrs and said they've never had a major mechanical malfunction, such is the mechanical reliability ...but the avionics are so complex, it's inevitable re. spurious warnings/error messages
And the built in safety factor for the Grenadier is, it won't fall out of the sky...

Back
Top Bottom