The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:13 AM
Reaction score
Have anyone been able to do a 3 point turn with the start stop enabled it stops the engine just at the wrong time too keen to shut engine off needs at least 3 seconds delay.
Not had that issue on a three point turn but when coming to a very brief halt at a junction, I sometimes lose my engine. Like others, I am trying to get into the habit of turning off at start-up.

Reactions: PBD

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:13 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed this ? I usually have the radio either OFF or muted. If you select reverse it turns the audio back on.
Just when perhaps you need quiet to hear eeversing beepers.
Reported to agent to add to my list !

Local time
Reaction score
Not had that issue on a three point turn but when coming to a very brief halt at a junction, I sometimes lose my engine. Like others, I am trying to get into the habit of turning off at start-up.
we really need this coded out I'm delighted my sos system does not work hurrah

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed this ? I usually have the radio either OFF or muted. If you select reverse it turns the audio back on.
Just when perhaps you need quiet to hear eeversing beepers.
Reported to agent to add to my list !
I know that I am being very very stupid, but are you touching the on/unmute button with your fingers when you push the gear selector forward.
Sorry I know it was stupid to ask.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:13 AM
Reaction score
I know that I am being very very stupid, but are you touching the on/unmute button with your fingers when you push the gear selector forward.
Sorry I know it was stupid to ask.
I dont think so , but youve got a point

Local time
Reaction score
l hate start/stop, As l have mild autism l actually find it emotionally disturbing as it upsets my equilibrium when the engine cuts out unexpectedly!!

I turned it off for good in my Defender using a diagnostic tool. Well, l asked it to "remember the selection" so once turned off with the button it stays off.
Rather than turning itself on again every time l used the vehicle.

The diagnostic tool only cost £450....bargain lol

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:13 PM
Reaction score
Dennis how do i find what software versihome", then "Son the INEOS is running?
Hi @KDJDGrenadier I think the order inputs on the screen is "Home" then "settings" -> "Vehicle" scroll and select "Vehicle Information" then scroll to the bottom of the screen where the total KM travelled...the Software version is just below that.:)

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @KDJDGrenadier I think the order inputs on the screen is "Home" then "settings" -> "Vehicle" scroll and select "Vehicle Information" then scroll to the bottom of the screen where the total KM travelled...the Software version is just below that.:)
Thanks Denis i will check that out. Mine has been error free on the software side, only an occasional parking senor beeps when stopped at the lights. Aircon is giving me some issues with controlling temperature but its been fantastic to drive

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday the power steering error light came on the main infotainment screen briefly but not on the small screen in front of the steering wheel and didn’t effect the steering, Slightly concerning seeing the problems we’ve had over the last few weeks. And today coming down the M4 at 70mph a red warning on main and small screen saying position light error and a couple of bong noises, this came on and off intermittently. Didn’t effect driving and no idea what position light error is IMG_2024.jpegIMG_1423.jpegIMG_1424.jpeg

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday the power steering error light came on the main infotainment screen briefly but not on the small screen in front of the steering wheel and didn’t effect the steering, Slightly concerning seeing the problems we’ve had over the last few weeks. And today coming down the M4 at 70mph a red warning on main and small screen saying position light error and a couple of bong noises, this came on and off intermittently. Didn’t effect driving and no idea what position light error is View attachment 7821007View attachment 7821008View attachment 7821009
Another question, why is your gear selector indicating your in drive high ratio 1st gear, But your reversing camera is on at the same time? Shouldn't that cancel when selecting forward.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another question, why is your gear selector indicating your in drive high ratio 1st gear, But your reversing camera is on at the same time? Shouldn't that cancel when selecting forward.
Reversing camera stays on briefly when first change from reverse to drive , I was shunting around to get into friend’s driveway, camera operation is fine 👍🏼

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday the power steering error light came on the main infotainment screen briefly but not on the small screen in front of the steering wheel and didn’t effect the steering, Slightly concerning seeing the problems we’ve had over the last few weeks. And today coming down the M4 at 70mph a red warning on main and small screen saying position light error and a couple of bong noises, this came on and off intermittently. Didn’t effect driving and no idea what position light error is View attachment 7821007View attachment 7821008View attachment 7821009
Did you have a trailer attached? Mine kept showing a right indicator error and steering error in red all the way to Devon, but both were working fine.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did you have a trailer attached? Mine kept showing a right indicator error and steering error in red all the way to Devon, but both were working fine.
No trailer attached. The only thing we could think of was the levelling mechanism for the headlights but that seems to work OK

Local time
Reaction score
... Mine has been error free on the software side, only an occasional parking senor beeps when stopped at the lights. Aircon is giving me some issues with controlling temperature but its been fantastic to drive
Sounds promising. How was your battery % on pickup and how has it been charging since? And are you doing the wait before engine start until lights distinguish?

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds promising. How was your battery % on pickup and how has it been charging since? And are you doing the wait before engine start until lights distinguish?
Battery was around 88% on delivery today it was 92% so it seems to be charging ok. On the subject of waiting at start up, I don't wait for the engine start lights to extinguish I just turn the key. Usually the 'transmission error' light illuminates but goes out almost instantly. No other electrical gremlins at the moment and have around 400km's on the clock.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nothing on here stops me wanting a Grenadier.
Currently it's only the cost and non-commercial status that's preventing me going ahead with it.
Nothing to do with the vehicle itself.
What’s the issue you’ve got on the commercial/ non commercial

Local time
Reaction score
lt's classed as Commercial with DVLA but not with HMRC

So l can't put it through my LTD company and claim the tax back. Doing this with my Defender has saved me £14,000

lf l do put it through my company it will be classed as a car and will cost me a fortune in BIK (Benefit ln Kind)

Back
Top Bottom