The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
Yes l prefer petrol to diesel, l would have sacrificed MPG to get a petrol Defender but they only do diesel in the Commercial version.

My Grenadier configuration was with the petrol engine.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes l prefer petrol to diesel, l would have sacrificed MPG to get a petrol Defender but they only do diesel in the Commercial version.

My Grenadier configuration was with the petrol engine.
I can live with low mpg as I love the petrol engine in the Grenadier, it’s very responsive and plenty enough torque for me. The diesel engine in the Grenadier is great also but I just don’t want all that emissions equipment as too much to go wrong for me. If you could put high sulphur or low quality fuel in the diesel Grenadier I would have gone for one of them but sadly all modern diesel engines need low sulphur fuel.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly the same. Picked mine up last Friday.

EDIT: I kept reading the thread…. Will check bonnet
check the back doors also do internal lights go off when you close all doors?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:54 PM
Reaction score
Dealer has confirmed that a software update dropped today - this may or may not be the "big" one (he wasn't sure)
Hold on this is big, potentially very big, and noone seems to be getting excited make some noise people. 🤷‍♂️ok maybe I am overreacting

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I collected the Trialmaster on Tuesday, I was advised that the vehicle had received a very recent S/W update during the PDI and that another update is being planned. I haven't had any error messages so far... I wait for the warning lights to extinguish before cranking the engine...

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
When I collected the Trialmaster on Tuesday, I was advised that the vehicle had received a very recent S/W update during the PDI and that another update is being planned. I haven't had any error messages so far... I wait for the warning lights to extinguish before cranking the engine...
Hi David, I collected mine from Brisbane a week ago and like you I don't get any warning lights. I have a parking sensor that seems to randomly go off but apart from that its been running really well

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi David, I collected mine from Brisbane a week ago and like you I don't get any warning lights. I have a parking sensor that seems to randomly go off but apart from that its been running really well
Does the parking sensor go off in traffic waiting at the lights? My Mitsubishi does that particularly if there is a european car particularly BMWs in front. Or does it just do it randomly?

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
Hi all, not familiar with all the issues posted in this 45 page thread so here goes. I drove mine from the front of the house to the parking at the back today after being in and out of it whilst datationary for a few hours. Limited use of battery etc. However when I turned it off there a low tone being emitted once turned off and locked up. I asked my son to check 15 minutes later and he said that it had stopped.
Any idea what this could have been ? There were no warning lights to speak of.

Reactions: PBD

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does the parking sensor go off in traffic waiting at the lights? My Mitsubishi does that particularly if there is a european car particularly BMWs in front. Or does it just do it randomly?
The parking sensor has usually detected an object when stopped at the traffic lights or on a slight slope when stopped. They don't come on when driving normally.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The parking sensor has usually detected an object when stopped at the traffic lights or on a slight slope when stopped. They don't come on when driving normally.
I think the traffic lights one is pretty common on many vehicles. The slope one less so

Darby

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
Hey Denis, by any chance can you check your software version (the last 4 digits) and let us know? It will confirm if a new update has come out! I pick mine up next week hopefully! Cheers

Local time
Reaction score
Have anyone been able to do a 3 point turn with the start stop enabled it stops the engine just at the wrong time too keen to shut engine off needs at least 3 seconds delay.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have anyone been able to do a 3 point turn with the start stop enabled it stops the engine just at the wrong time too keen to shut engine off needs at least 3 seconds delay.
Press the button and turn it off

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I turn off the stop/Start as part of my startup procedure. As for three point turns... a "wide berth" is needed for legal U turns at single lane intersections ...I forgot that.. and a 'double take ' was required very embarrassing in peak traffic😲...even the 'beverage' semi trailer with 4 axles (16 tyres on the rear of the trailer!) headed to the local brewery made it look easy!

Back
Top Bottom