The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
Whoops! Thanks for the correction @Shale Rider you are not being pedantic, my error! Agreed, this is the best colour - having looked at (maybe) all of them, it is no contest!
40% of us thought differently and opted for DD. :LOL:
That said, even though not a large choice, each one I have seen looks great. I see that my neighbour who is high up the chain at Ineos, opted for the Shale blue.

Reactions: PBD

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For my two penny worth
Picked up my Diesel last week, plagued with electrical issues, display remains on when ignition is switched off, as do the lights and radio on occasion, remedy lock the vehicle and in 5 - 10 minutes the ECU's power down and they shut off. Programming screen has been painful as has been suffering from screen lag and nothing works or sets the memory. Radio doesn't like saving pre-set stations. Fuel gauge was showing full on pick up, which was pleasantly surprised, it didn't last long, drove 100 miles it still displayed full???? stopped to top up tank to double check the reading, it took 34 litres/ 7.5 gallons needless to say it's still full.

The drivers door requires a very hard slam to close against the rubber seal the other three doors are fine as are the rear doors, the explanation given the rubber being stiffer on that door. Being "stiffer" it will improve with use, that didn't ring true being ex motor trade from 30 years back. This was on pick up day, as there were three other Gren's on site all three had the same issue with the drivers door. Not to worrying in itself if it's adjustable. What concerns me all "Three" with the wrong adjustment at the same agent on the same time they couldn't have been consecutive vehicles of the production line??? Different colours also.

To day, I had a closer look at the gutters as I have been researching roof racks and I'm not 100% with the Rhino offering until I have some confirmation with the gutter fitment. Observations by others and on my vehicle they can be flexed by hand as they are 40mm, 1 1/2" wide, so any design I spend my hard earned money on will need to be supported inboard close to the body/roof join and the clamp design will need to grip on that area not on the outer edge of the gutter as I have seen on some offerings. Now to the point of my discourse , both of my gutters are as straight as 30 year old railway tracks. I will attempt to upload pictures.
There seems to be many concerns for us owners to consider and track upon new delivery. I now honestly think IA tried to be far too smart with their electrics instead of making a propper no fuss system. I would prefer no centre display in this type of vehicle. My phone does more and can be updated or changed at whim. It could have been easier to have a data set sent to a mobile device (user preference) and a basic fuel gauge so we don't stop in the middle of the state!

Local time
2:42 AM
Reaction score
both of my gutters are as straight as 30 year old railway tracks
The wide gutters were the first thing that raised an eyebrow when I saw the prototype. It's a real mystery why they made them so wide on such a boxy vehicle.

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
New vehicle they were never going to get it right first time- no matter how much testing they did! I've had 3 error messages and was marooned in a car park today for 15 minutes when it just wouldn't start! Eventually through multiple lock and unlock moves I managed to start it
Shale Rider - did the starter motor turn over? If not, I had similar at the weekend as I attempted to disembark a car ferry.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Shale Rider - did the starter motor turn over? If not, I had similar at the weekend as I attempted to disembark a car ferry.
I wonder, does the immobiliser lock off the starter motor power. So could your issues be software related to the immobiliser and nothing to do with battery residual Ah capacity remaining.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I know it's likely a long shot but.... can you guys let us know what the dealers response/solution is please.... :)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Here's a new one. I am mostly driving with the radio off ( not muted). Seems that when I engage reverse , both the rear camera and the radio come on ! Am I going mad?
How do you turn the radio off? Is it just selecting a different input?

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
For my two penny worth
Picked up my Diesel last week, plagued with electrical issues, display remains on when ignition is switched off, as do the lights and radio on occasion, remedy lock the vehicle and in 5 - 10 minutes the ECU's power down and they shut off. Programming screen has been painful as has been suffering from screen lag and nothing works or sets the memory. Radio doesn't like saving pre-set stations. Fuel gauge was showing full on pick up, which was pleasantly surprised, it didn't last long, drove 100 miles it still displayed full???? stopped to top up tank to double check the reading, it took 34 litres/ 7.5 gallons needless to say it's still full.

The drivers door requires a very hard slam to close against the rubber seal the other three doors are fine as are the rear doors, the explanation given the rubber being stiffer on that door. Being "stiffer" it will improve with use, that didn't ring true being ex motor trade from 30 years back. This was on pick up day, as there were three other Gren's on site all three had the same issue with the drivers door. Not to worrying in itself if it's adjustable. What concerns me all "Three" with the wrong adjustment at the same agent on the same time they couldn't have been consecutive vehicles of the production line??? Different colours also.

To day, I had a closer look at the gutters as I have been researching roof racks and I'm not 100% with the Rhino offering until I have some confirmation with the gutter fitment. Observations by others and on my vehicle they can be flexed by hand as they are 40mm, 1 1/2" wide, so any design I spend my hard earned money on will need to be supported inboard close to the body/roof join and the clamp design will need to grip on that area not on the outer edge of the gutter as I have seen on some offerings. Now to the point of my discourse , both of my gutters are as straight as 30 year old railway tracks. I will attempt to upload pictures.
Did the fuel gauge behave "normal" after some time?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think we need a list of ALL the malfunctions that will be addressed with the SOFTWARE reflash?

We are all aware of all the false messages on the centre screen - but I am reading about other discrepancies such as fuel gauging.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder, does the immobiliser lock off the starter motor power. So could your issues be software related to the immobiliser and nothing to do with battery residual Ah capacity remaining.
OP said he got going with a jump start on the ferry, so wouldn't that rule this out?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The wide gutters were the first thing that raised an eyebrow when I saw the prototype. It's a real mystery why they made them so wide on such a boxy vehicle.
Not being funny but Monsoon rains?

Or just the minimum width required by the robot arms to grip and move the roof into position or spot weld?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is there a thread that covers mechanical issues? It seems to me that the various electrical issues are not critical to operation but I would be interested to see if there’s any emerging issues with engine, drivetrain and other metal, rubber and oily bits..

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I get the feeling everyone is expecting the “software update” to be the viagara fix to everything that’s going flash boing or bong in the IG. I wish I could be so confident.

Me thinks there will be a few iterations to get it all sorted.
My Brother in Law has a Toyota Landcruiser 300 series. He has had it for nearly 1 year now, and its already gone back in for software upgrades twice.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is there a thread that covers mechanical issues? It seems to me that the various electrical issues are not critical to operation but I would be interested to see if there’s any emerging issues with engine, drivetrain and other metal, rubber and oily bits..
Maybe just the thread on unacceptable delivery issues so far, plus anyone filling out the Grenadier Defect List and posting back online?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
IA, if smart, will wait for a few months of real-world data to be present BEFORE making a software patch. I think they will only patch the 'so its drive ok' stuff and the PROPER patch may be some time. If it's hardware related... well... it will be a LONG wait. I just need A-B, no honks or bonks, diffs that work when I need them, sensors that don't wake the kids...

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe just the thread on unacceptable delivery issues so far, plus anyone filling out the Grenadier Defect List and posting back online?

I think what I was after are in life mechanical or operational failures / issues. For example variations from normal operating temperatures, new rumbles, noises and the like. For example, i was off road at the weekend and on full front axle rotation on 50% lock, we got a bang. I put this down the the coil spring rotating very slightly in its seat.

Back
Top Bottom