The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:52 PM
Reaction score
Better response than my a/c issue. 2 months on and still no working a/c. Parts were supposed to be ordered 9 days ago when it was realised a re-gas would not solve the issue. I don't use the Grenadier in hot weather as it is unbearable for the dogs.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Better response than my a/c issue. 2 months on and still no working a/c. Parts were supposed to be ordered 9 days ago when it was realised a re-gas would not solve the issue. I don't use the Grenadier in hot weather as it is unbearable for the dogs.
That would be a deal breaker here in Oz summer. I have kids to move around as well... like I said elsewhere IA has a big catch-up game to prove they can deliver, but more so attend the teething issues of a new Gen vehicle which so far, they seem to be doing a piss poor job of.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That would be a deal breaker here in Oz summer. I have kids to move around as well... like I said elsewhere IA has a big catch-up game to prove they can deliver, but more so attend the teething issues of a new Gen vehicle which so far, they seem to be doing a piss poor job of.
Considering many of us on this forum have had very similar issues which 99% of the time have not involved limp mode or recovery, I don’t find myself being too concerned. No amount of testing during development will iron out all the issues discovered on mass production. I still feel very confident that I have chosen the vehicle which will provide me with the maximum satisfaction and reliability.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Considering many of us on this forum have had very similar issues which 99% of the time have not involved limp mode or recovery, I don’t find myself being too concerned. No amount of testing during development will iron out all the issues discovered on mass production. I still feel very confident that I have chosen the vehicle which will provide me with the maximum satisfaction and reliability.
I agree - this vehicle on spec is just ahead of anything in the price range. So, a few gremlins can be dealt with.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think that statement is most important. The vehicle hasn't left anyone stranded (or if they have I am not aware) irrespective of the issues. I can't say that for other vehicles bought, the last one was a VW Golf R, breaking down with less than 1000 miles.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Considering many of us on this forum have had very similar issues which 99% of the time have not involved limp mode or recovery, I don’t find myself being too concerned.
@Beormund has dogs ~ so I would be concerned with him. 😞

No amount of testing during development will iron out all the issues discovered on mass production.
Absolutely, but where are the aftersales guys stepping up and engaging with us early adoptors when the "parts in 24/48 hours" is off, not by a day or three but weeks?

I'm waiting for a brake hose...

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So boarded an overnight ferry in Dublin yesterday afternoon with battery charge at 71%. Locked with key to avoid alarm going off with vibrations (if it would even do that) and when we docked in France this morning the car made loud intermittent bongs, multiple tell tales illuminated and main screen was blank. Starter motor wouldn’t turn over, so thought battery was flat. Crew brought out portable battery and after 5 minutes and multiple switching ignition on/off, car started.

Tell tales showed front and rear diffs activated (roof switches flashing), off road mode active, power steering error in red, engine warning light amber. Car was in high range and once above around 15mph, diff lights and off road mode tel tales cleared. Battery showed 100%.

Drove for 3 hours before stopping to ensure battery was actually charged. Tell tales all cleared on starting and battery showed 99% and quickly rose to 100%. Car has started and stopped fine several times since.

Diesel Trialmaater, 1,000 miles

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So boarded an overnight ferry in Dublin yesterday afternoon with battery charge at 71%. Locked with key to avoid alarm going off with vibrations (if it would even do that) and when we docked in France this morning the car made loud intermittent bongs, multiple tell tales illuminated and main screen was blank. Starter motor wouldn’t turn over, so thought battery was flat. Crew brought out portable battery and after 5 minutes and multiple switching ignition on/off, car started.

Tell tales showed front and rear diffs activated (roof switches flashing), off road mode active, power steering error in red, engine warning light amber. Car was in high range and once above around 15mph, diff lights and off road mode tel tales cleared. Battery showed 100%.

Drove for 3 hours before stopping to ensure battery was actually charged. Tell tales all cleared on starting and battery showed 99% and quickly rose to 100%. Car has started and stopped fine several times since.

Diesel Trialmaater, 1,000 miles
It was sea sick

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:52 AM
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a flat battery. Modern cars no likey that.

Reactions: PBD

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a flat battery. Modern cars no likey that.
Which suggests the tilt detection system was still activated. Is there any option in the informant system that disarms it? From what I recall from my car ferry travel days the car decks are closed/ locked once the ferry departs, worst case scenario just don't lock the doors.

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score
But in the evening everything is shut
Perhaps I overlooked that the evening time was mentioned.

Yes, then you are lost. Not only in Cagliary.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score
It is ridiculous that "modern" cars "forget" their settings without electricity and need to be constantly supplied with electrical energy.

An Arduino that costs two euros can store over a thousand bytes forever (I mean for decades) without any battery or other electrical power source. An extra euro can store thousands of extra bytes - forever, without any electric supply. And a 14 year old boy can write the code for it.

I've never understood why a car in a dealership needs a charger to survive a week. I mean, I actually know why, but I don't accept the concept.

It's just ridiculous and embarrassing. And it costs thousands of kilowatt hours every month to power all the cars in showrooms around the world.

wording

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
All I can say is how impressive the positive attitudes are, cars that are unroadworthy from brand new, as in air bag inoperable messages, who knows if they would work in an accident so that in my opinion is a life threatening failure
Diff locks that sometimes don’t work, where I 4wd in the Victorian high country that could also quickly turn into a life threatening situation.
Given all these issues and still no set date on the mystical software update I would have zero confidence in the car and would be ropable with the dealer and Ineos

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So boarded an overnight ferry in Dublin yesterday afternoon with battery charge at 71%.
How did it get that low? Where you sat in a loading queue for a long time with power on?

Also, to be clear you don't have the auxiliary battery fitted?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How did it get that low? Where you sat in a loading queue for a long time with power on?

Also, to be clear you don't have the auxiliary battery fitted?
Are you thinking there was another underlying overnight power drain?
But if the issue is the tilt alarm sounding continuously discharging the battery then there must be a method of disarming it. No vehicle nor alarm manufacturer would market one without that ability, surely. Tilt alarms going off on bus routes/HGVs passing parked cars at speed was a problem that required early tilt sensors to be evolved

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are you thinking there was another underlying overnight power drain?
But if the issue is the tilt alarm sounding continuously discharging the battery then there must be a method of disarming it.
I just thought 71% was a low figure to be boarding with, especially if you just driven a decent distance to get to the port.

Yes, you'd think there would be a "ferry" mode but possibly also some logic that switches it off after a number of cycles. There's also the back up battery system to consider. I thought the UK version of the alarm was fitted with one.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I had to google what a tilt alarm was.
Must be lots of grand thefft auto where I don't live.
Just walked to Hyde Park in London from Kensington , my god so many high end euro cars sitting in the street.
LOL at all the pimped G wagens.
No wonder children steal them.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had to google what a tilt alarm was.
Must be lots of grand thefft auto where I don't live.
Just walked to Hyde Park in London from Kensington , my god so many high end euro cars sitting in the street.
LOL at all the pimped G wagens.
No wonder children steal them.
I tried jacking up my Grenadier with the vehicle locked and alarmed and sure enough the tilt alarm goes off.

Back
Top Bottom