The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:27 AM
Reaction score
I think all current owners are reasonably tolerant of the false messages. Just a shame they exist as they affect the Carplay music.

I am sure by the time you get your vehicle they will be history, whether you want the messages or not.

As for Cagliari, I remember diverting into there during GW1 tanking wanking Tornados back to Germany.

Meanwhile back to Arctic Monkeys at Glastonbury.
Whilst I am very impatient to get behind the wheel of mine, there is a part of me that will be quite pleased if my likely delivery date of very late July, but more likely August may mean the fabled software update is done before I get the truck.

baders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:27 AM
Reaction score
Whilst I am very impatient to get behind the wheel of mine, there is a part of me that will be quite pleased if my likely delivery date of very late July, but more likely August may mean the fabled software update is done before I get the truck.
Kind of in the same thought pattern here. Ordered June '22. No contract yet but not chasing it too hard.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
As for Cagliari, I remember diverting into there during GW1 tanking wanking Tornados back to Germany
As Ray Winstone would say , " You wha'?" 😁

Reactions: PBD

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:27 PM
Reaction score
I'm sort of amused by all these boy crying wolf alerts as I await delivery.
Seriously if it starts , goes and stops I'll be happier than a piglet with 2 tails.

If , perchance , the dealer wants to do some sort of car computer update thingo , well I just see that as an excuse to do a road trip via the central Tassy highlands.
Maybe towing a fishing rod.

Oh & greetings from Sardinia - where somehow my suitcase has become separated from my wife's...and the Italian authorities are searching for it somewhere between Trieste and Cagliari.
Chaos - as expected.
May I respectively point out,

Some of the alerts that come up on my grenadier today would mean the car fails its MOT road test - ie the ability to use it on the road.

Hence the degree of concern and direction for INEOS to focuses upon fixing them.

It is absolutely not crying wolf, but giving INEOS a fighting chance to fix the situation before it takes grenadiers off the road

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As Ray Winstone would say , " You wha'?" 😁
Air to Air refuelling.
I think that is a great attitude, if you desire a perfect vehicle.
May I respectively point out,

Some of the alerts that come up on my grenadier today would mean the car fails its MOT road test - ie the ability to use it on the road.

Hence the degree of concern and direction for INEOS to focuses upon fixing them.

It is absolutely not crying wolf, but giving INEOS a fighting chance to fix the situation before it takes grenadiers off the road
Total agreement - you don't pay £70,000 and have to endure false warnings. The MOT aspect is the most concerning.

I can only guess there are no MOT's in Tasmania. If a vehicle is fitted with the ability to show warning messages, then these should naturally work.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Chinese ship with aircraft that can sail long distances???
Or just 250,000men that can land in a ship and nothing to stop them...
Has INEOS acknowledged when they are rolling out software updates to fix some of the lingering bugs?

Reactions: PBD

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
I'm sort of amused by all these boy crying wolf alerts as I await delivery.
Seriously if it starts , goes and stops I'll be happier than a piglet with 2 tails.

If , perchance , the dealer wants to do some sort of car computer update thingo , well I just see that as an excuse to do a road trip via the central Tassy highlands.
Maybe towing a fishing rod.

Oh & greetings from Sardinia - where somehow my suitcase has become separated from my wife's...and the Italian authorities are searching for it somewhere between Trieste and Cagliari.
Chaos - as expected.
You lucky man! Guess how you would feel if the Italian authorities now had to search for your wife while you would be sitting alone with the suitcase waiting for her.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
You lucky man! Guess how you would feel if the Italian authorities now had to search for your wife while you would be sitting alone with the suitcase waiting for her.
She went off looking for some Italian authority at the airport. Turns out they are mythical beasts.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve got a new software surprise.. Earlier in the week, the odometer stopped working and zeroed itself.

Over the last few week, all but one of the bongs has gone and the one that remains is the rear door open one. It is a sensor issue which will get sorted when I get to the dealer. My lad took the picture so sorry about the angle.

Electrics aside, the mechanical bits are now well run in and the Gren is a great car to drive, and seems to be much quicker from 50 mph+..View attachment 7817630
I had to fix the back door top lock on big door just a slight adjustment because I couldn't lock car when it didn't recognize locked doors. my odo also done that but cleared itself .

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So my first play with using the axle diff locks (did not go well - reported in separate thread) and in the build up I select low range, go to offroad screen to bring up the torque splits and press off road mode and get this. One side of the screen tells me I'm in offroad mode and the other side tells me it's not available:
IMG_20230624_194225006_HDR.jpg
And telltales suggest it is on:
IMG_20230624_194337504_HDR.jpg

After booting everything down and trying again but with wading mode, I got a similar response:
IMG_20230624_194316734_HDR.jpg

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:27 AM
Reaction score
So my first play with using the axle diff locks (did not go well - reported in separate thread) and in the build up I select low range, go to offroad screen to bring up the torque splits and press off road mode and get this. One side of the screen tells me I'm in offroad mode and the other side tells me it's not available:
View attachment 7817809
And telltales suggest it is on:
View attachment 7817811

After booting everything down and trying again but with wading mode, I got a similar response:
View attachment 7817810
OK, from what I've been told the only warnings/malfunctions you should take notice of are the ones on the screen behind the wheel, according to the IA guys all notifications are software related. I know it's not much help but at least you know it's not malfunctioning hardware

Back
Top Bottom