The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Telliottaus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
And what
Do you not get fuel panics? If I park 1:3 downhill (often do...) half a tank and 100 miles to go becomes a red "Fill up now" and 20 miles estimated. That just might survive all software updates. It's another not-a-problem.
and what is worse for me it didn't recover to what the range was. Then showed refuel now (guage showing 35%) and wouldn't start until I put a jerry can worth in... then started fine.. turns out there was still at least 15 litres in the tank but it would start. In hindsight might try and "trip" the refuelling latch and see if that resets something

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
is there any new owners that don't have any problems with their new grenadier?
I don't want to jinx it but aside from a brief error message re transmission on day one (after I had been testing the low range lever) I've had none since. Only ones are the seat belt ones when you first start up but they clear after perhaps 3 seconds so it's probably just part of the stat up check sequence. One of my daughters doesn't close the door with enough omph so we occasionally get the door open one but that is genuine.

Nick Szkiler

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Still very concerning that the messages have appeared more than once.

Someone asked the question above about Software editions - you would think these issues would be sorted prior to sale. My wife won’t accept we are in effect test customers-as the time we ignore a message could be the one we should have taken notice of!
I was told on collection that a software update in a few weeks would resolve this, but I no longer get any error messages using this technique: On starting the vehicle, foot on the brake turn the key and start immediately. Don't wait even a moment. If you switch on ignition and wait for even a couple of seconds as the display 'wakes up', error messages begin. I no longer have any error messages.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Am I missing something here I have not seen a review from you...can you please direct me to your first drive?...I would be interested to read it... thank you
Am I missing something?

I've certainly done a first drive impressions post... it's there somewhere...

Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
👏

Thank you ~ I'd looked in a number of threads and failed to find it. 👓

Reactions: Max
Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score
A Reuters article on how vehicle quality measures are declining as more tech is added to new vehicles:

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve got a new software surprise.. Earlier in the week, the odometer stopped working and zeroed itself.

Over the last few week, all but one of the bongs has gone and the one that remains is the rear door open one. It is a sensor issue which will get sorted when I get to the dealer. My lad took the picture so sorry about the angle.

Electrics aside, the mechanical bits are now well run in and the Gren is a great car to drive, and seems to be much quicker from 50 mph+..IMG_0977.jpeg

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I also had a new screen issue yesterday.
I was driving along and talking on the phone (apple) when it cut off. Not new you say, well I looked at the screen to see if the call was still live and it was off, blank? Came back on after about 10 more seconds but call was disconnected. Odd.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
I’ve got a new software surprise.. Earlier in the week, the odometer stopped working and zeroed itself.

Over the last few week, all but one of the bongs has gone and the one that remains is the rear door open one. It is a sensor issue which will get sorted when I get to the dealer. My lad took the picture so sorry about the angle.

Electrics aside, the mechanical bits are now well run in and the Gren is a great car to drive, and seems to be much quicker from 50 mph+..View attachment 7817630
I had the same last week, but it didn't last, I think I even have a picture

Reactions: PBD

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had the same last week, but it didn't last, I think I even have a picture
Good to know we’ve all got the same ghosts in the machine, it’s the adventure of Ineos ownership..

off topic I know, but every defender (old style) I pass, does a wave. They either think I’m in one, or they’re just accepting the Grenadier in to their herd..

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good to know we’ve all got the same ghosts in the machine, it’s the adventure of Ineos ownership..

off topic I know, but every defender (old style) I pass, does a wave. They either think I’m in one, or they’re just accepting the Grenadier in to their herd..
Or alternatively they have an eyesight problem, and should be wearing glasses.. 🤣

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don't seem to be getting anywhere with my faulty A/C and rear parking sensor. INEOS Customer Services tell me to contact my agent. I emailed my agent a week ago about the A/C not working and nothing - no email or return call. Not great. I'm going to have to chase up today over the phone. Also, it's a month since I collected my car and none of my accessories have been fitted yet. Usual story - absolutely loving the car, but after-sales support is about as good as the pre-sales comms/support.
Your agents wouldn't be Jardine's would they??

If so same experience here unimpressed

Reactions: PBD

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
the list of common error messages on my grenadier. that last one is quite different !!
PDC Error

Transmission error

Power steering fail

AC Fail

Trailer light error

Ecall error

TPMS error

Gearbox in N [ whilst driving]

Air bag failure

Fuel gauge inoperative

Infotainment screen changed from RHD orientation with speedo on the right of the infotainment system to LDH orientation with the speedo now in KPH and on the left hand side of the display

Despite all of this still love it

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
I'm sort of amused by all these boy crying wolf alerts as I await delivery.
Seriously if it starts , goes and stops I'll be happier than a piglet with 2 tails.

If , perchance , the dealer wants to do some sort of car computer update thingo , well I just see that as an excuse to do a road trip via the central Tassy highlands.
Maybe towing a fishing rod.

Oh & greetings from Sardinia - where somehow my suitcase has become separated from my wife's...and the Italian authorities are searching for it somewhere between Trieste and Cagliari.
Chaos - as expected.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm sort of amused by all these boy crying wolf alerts as I await delivery.
Seriously if it starts , goes and stops I'll be happier than a piglet with 2 tails.

If , perchance , the dealer wants to do some sort of car computer update thingo , well I just see that as an excuse to do a road trip via the central Tassy highlands.
Maybe towing a fishing rod.

Oh & greetings from Sardinia - where somehow my suitcase has become separated from my wife's...and the Italian authorities are searching for it somewhere between Trieste and Cagliari.
Chaos - as expected.
I think all current owners are reasonably tolerant of the false messages. Just a shame they exist as they affect the Carplay music.

I am sure by the time you get your vehicle they will be history, whether you want the messages or not.

As for Cagliari, I remember diverting into there during GW1 tanking wanking Tornados back to Germany.

Meanwhile back to Arctic Monkeys at Glastonbury.

Back
Top Bottom