The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Flewks

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
Interesting except the gremlin with the double beep, I had the same in the first days. In the meanwhile after 2000km, they disappeared. Today the red steering error comes back for 5 minutes, than disappeared too. What I investigate is, if the dashboard behind the steering wheel gives a triangle with exclamation mark on the right side, error dońt disappear, if the board is black, after a few minutes all errors are gone.
Car is driving good, and give me every day a smile. The front windscreen is an insect collector, after two days driving in Scotland, I need an old wet newspaper to remove the corpses. Not easy in the middle of the screen, even with 1,86cm size. Maybe a need a Ikea stool for it…
I guess it was you I passed on the Spittal of Glenshee today? First Grenadier I’ve seen on the road. If it was, thanks for the wave🙌

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score
opened the door, opted to turn off the systems, shut the door, counted to thirty, re-entered the Grenadier
Why isn't this procedure part of the manual? 🤔

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
is there any new owners that don't have any problems with their new grenadier?
Although Jeremy's case actually is a problem, I don't have have one.

I only have messages.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Landrover used to have the "3 amigos" dash warning lights, it looks like Ineos took that as a "hold my beer" challenge. We now have "the magnificent 7":

1) Power Steering
2) Transmission
3) PDC
4) TPWS
5) eCall
6) Rear seat belts
7) Airbags
The Magnificent Seven.

PS: Just saw you had the same inspiration. (y)

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
If all the problems are software and we need the fix ASAP, why don't we use the power of the Forum? Write a single letter to Ineos with all the names of owners and those waiting, asking that they produce the fix ASAP or????
I'm in.

Reactions: PBD

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If all the problems are software and we need the fix ASAP, why don't we use the power of the Forum? Write a single letter to Ineos with all the names of owners and those waiting, asking that they produce the fix ASAP or????
I wrote elsewhere on the Forum: There is a second software update currently being prepared which is unlikely to be finalised for release much before the end of July. The software update will require the vehicles to be returned to either a sales agent or a service agent to be implemented. Duration of the update may well differ from one vehicle to another.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wrote elsewhere on the Forum: There is a second software update currently being prepared which is unlikely to be finalised for release much before the end of July. The software update will require the vehicles to be returned to either a sales agent or a service agent to be implemented. Duration of the update may well differ from one vehicle to another.
I’m hoping I can get my software update done before the end of July as we ship then to South Africa. If not we’ll be calling into the agents in Cape Town to get the update.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Initially it was advertised that over 130 prototypes traveled a total of 1.8 million kilometers... but evidently they weren't enough to refine all the various critical issues given that they didn't even get to the first service. I'd say just the break-in.

I just hope some software updates are enough to fix everything

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m hoping I can get my software update done before the end of July as we ship then to South Africa. If not we’ll be calling into the agents in Cape Town to get the update.
I have had a new one today, how exciting, this time “Climate Control error”, it all seemed to be running well and belting out cold air! What will be next…..? I am still not concerned about these glitches, that’s the risk we all take when buying a pioneering vehicle but of course one day my lack of concern and following the “Cry wolf” attitude could bite me if something really does go wrong!

Attachments

• IMG_9373.jpeg
    IMG_9373.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 36

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
The software update, which is planned for July, at least as of now, will eliminate the error messages. The reason for the current messages is that the main computer of the vehicle has already completely booted before the respective data of the various sensors have finally arrived, to put it in technical terms. In other words, one is too fast, the others too slow. The software update will address this and hopefully make the messages disappear. I am confident that we can then be satisfied.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
The software update, which is planned for July, at least as of now, will eliminate the error messages. The reason for the current messages is that the main computer of the vehicle has already completely booted before the respective data of the various sensors have finally arrived, to put it in technical terms. In other words, one is too fast, the others too slow. The software update will address this and hopefully make the messages disappear. I am confident that we can then be satisfied.
In other words, simples!
View: https://youtu.be/NBu0OtC6m9g

AndrewW

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Landrover used to have the "3 amigos" dash warning lights, it looks like Ineos took that as a "hold my beer" challenge. We now have "the magnificent 7":

1) Power Steering
2) Transmission
3) PDC
4) TPWS
5) eCall
6) Rear seat belts
7) Airbags
Do you not get fuel panics? If I park 1:3 downhill (often do...) half a tank and 100 miles to go becomes a red "Fill up now" and 20 miles estimated. That just might survive all software updates. It's another not-a-problem.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
But it's a sloppy implementation.

They know the slope angle by sensor and could easily calculate the correct status or read it from a LUT (@Jean Mercier: Look Up Table).

DDG

Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
@nd I feel the same. Love the car. But am now getting fed up with the lack of responsiveness around my issues. I've had the car 5 weeks now without any accessories, no working A/C, faulty rear PDC sensor, all the various software error messages but as yet I have not been invited back to my agent for the issues to be addressed for a variety of logistic issues 'beyond the agent's control'. For example, my local agent is waiting for INEOS to approve some kind of computer link up for diagnostics; the firmware which is apparently still a month off etc etc...
I am in N America and our consumer protection laws are quite good. At least here, it is important to retain documentation regarding how long (how many days) a warrantied vehicle is not usable/drivable and how many separate times a given issue is attempted to be repaired. So it protects the buyer from problems that are not resolved which deny you use of your vehicle; as well as protection from problems that persist, despite efforts to rectify them.
Read whatever warranty information carefully and document your efforts and communications with your “agent”.

In New York State (my adopted home) it is possible to claim a vehicle a “lemon” after a defined number of days out of service, and/or number of times being repaired for the same issue.

No one hopes to ever need such a protection, but it is reassuring that one can not be held legally responsible to pay for an unfixable problem. The manufacturer is legally bound to pay the customer the full, original price for it, if it meets “lemon” criteria.

For this reason I am confident that IA is working diligently (perhaps quietly) to resolve these gremlins. It would sure be nice to hear directly from them though. Good communication and specific assurances to their customers would go a long way right now. Early adopters are probably the most loyal and forgiving customers in existence, but there is a limit to anyone’s patience.

I have been very impressed so far by the patience many of you have shown.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's come to something, with regard to the normalisation of these errors, when an agent starts putting photos of them in their advertising speil 😱:

Screenshot_20230619_084256.jpgScreenshot_20230619_084226_com.linkedin.android.jpg

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's come to something, with regard to the normalisation of these errors, when an agent starts putting photos of them in their advertising speil 😱:

View attachment 7817117View attachment 7817116
People are getting so used to seeing these errors and warnings on the infotainment screen that they have become blind to them. That's not great.

Back
Top Bottom