The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

IGL

GG #2697
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:00 AM
Reaction score
If all the problems are software and we need the fix ASAP, why don't we use the power of the Forum? Write a single letter to Ineos with all the names of owners and those waiting, asking that they produce the fix ASAP or????
Then you should not forget to define ASAP as "As Soon As Possible" or "Act Speedy As Possible", cause IA seems to define it as "As Slow As Possible". ;)

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
@nd I feel the same. Love the car. But am now getting fed up with the lack of responsiveness around my issues. I've had the car 5 weeks now without any accessories, no working A/C, faulty rear PDC sensor, all the various software error messages but as yet I have not been invited back to my agent for the issues to be addressed for a variety of logistic issues 'beyond the agent's control'. For example, my local agent is waiting for INEOS to approve some kind of computer link up for diagnostics; the firmware which is apparently still a month off etc etc...
Some of the software stuff may have to wait but If I were you I would be lobbing on the agent’s doorstep and refusing to leave until They have sorted things in their control like AC

MXG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
i've had one, the tyre pressure telling be that the rear nearside tyre pressure is wrong once the tyres warm up, i checks the pressures and all within 1/2lb but the RNS tyre was the one out. let some air out and its ok now. (y)
it does however keep telling me the rear passengers are not wearing their seatbelts even when in on my own.
One thing i hate is i can't reverse with the drivers door ajar/open have to find a solution to that🤬
If you sit with the ignition on but not started all sorts of warnings flash up.
My Grenadier was also warning about high tyre pressure, than it switched to TPMS error on the left backside wheel. On the next day same thing again and 100 km later everything was fine. Tyre pressure was right at all the time and was not changed.

The warning of the rear passengers seatbelts is a first day gremlin of mine and no, there is no bag or something on the seats.

My newest gremlin is a double beep on the outside every minute when the car is parket. Ok so I have no weasel at night, but it’s not so conducive for a good neighborhood. Has anyone the same issue with the double beep?

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:00 PM
Reaction score
My newest gremlin is a double beep on the outside every minute when the car is parket. Ok so I have no weasel at night, but it’s not so conducive for a good neighborhood. Has anyone the same issue with the double beep?
Is it the same sound the vehicle makes when the alarm system is armed? Almost sounds like a malfunctioning proximity detector.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:00 AM
Reaction score
My Grenadier was also warning about high tyre pressure, than it switched to TPMS error on the left backside wheel. On the next day same thing again and 100 km later everything was fine. Tyre pressure was right at all the time and was not changed.

The warning of the rear passengers seatbelts is a first day gremlin of mine and no, there is no bag or something on the seats.

Usually something not shut properly on locking? Bonnet, back doors or passenger door??

MXG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is it the same sound the vehicle makes when the alarm system is armed? Almost sounds like a malfunctioning proximity detector.
Yes that is a very good explanation of the sound. I never heard a sound of arming the alarm system. I’ll check it and report back here. Thanks!

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Interesting except the gremlin with the double beep, I had the same in the first days. In the meanwhile after 2000km, they disappeared. Today the red steering error comes back for 5 minutes, than disappeared too. What I investigate is, if the dashboard behind the steering wheel gives a triangle with exclamation mark on the right side, error dońt disappear, if the board is black, after a few minutes all errors are gone.
Car is driving good, and give me every day a smile. The front windscreen is a insect collector, after two days driving in Scotland, I need a old wet newspaper to remove the corpses. Not easy in the middle of the screen, even with 1,86cm size. Maybe a need a Ikea stool for it…

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:00 PM
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the insect population is at an all time low!! Due to the over use of insecticides.
It's not at all, it's due to the 1.6 million miles of Grenadier testing. 🤪

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:00 PM
Reaction score
I’ve only just caught up with thread and the content is not the best, it’s terrible and pretty shocking to be frank.

It’s become obvious that there are a lot of glitches and random messages being thrown by the Grenadier, which if they’re false alarms and are totally isolated then that’s pretty poor on its own at this point. But it seems that there are other items cropping up as well, the steering one absolutely pole axed me when reading. @Logsplitter you're being a lot more chill than I would be. I sincerely hope this is a very isolated problem to your specific vehicle and it’s fixed to your approval as soon as possible.

As @Nomad has mentioned, if we get as much info down on paper, ie a convenient spreadsheet then I can bundle things up and try and get it to someone at INEOS.

There are a couple of doors I can knock on to see if we can get some answers, although it’s probably a long shot.

On a side note. If my wife read the post about the steering failure, then it would be reservation refund time for me.

If anyone wants to message me directly about this then please do so. And if anyone does decide to document things then please let others know you’re doing it. It’s going to take quite a few responses to generate anything meaningful I think. Any spreadsheets can be sent to the admin@theineosforum.com account and make sure you include your vin number.

Stu :(

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Why not just point them at this thread and then suggest they make contact directly with each respective owner. Anything else is really just a fail.

They should have standard procedures in place to deal with their customers. Using any preferential access to get the ball rolling is a good thing, but it's also part of the problem if it then allows them to respond indirectly and actually not engage with their customers.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What do you IT bods make of this: the processor in the Grenadiers brain is too slow, so thats why it takes too long to warm up, hence errors upon turning the key that go away after a short time? Just an idea, but then I can barely make a spreadsheet work...

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:00 PM
Reaction score
Doubt its a slow computer problem. This stuff is so basic that they're able to run it over systems like OBD-II that have been around for decades. It's probably a mix of QC with warnings like the TPMS and PDS warnings, and weak filters/bad programming (transmission in N, etc). I'm curious how many problems are actually sorted out by the software update. If it doesn't fix it, Ineos either has some work to do in Hambach or the dealers are going to have their hands full. I can't see how a software update is going to tell the car that nobody is actually sitting in the back seats or suddenly have a PDS sensor be able to measure distance. I'm hoping they can work some magic, because I didn't sign up for a back to basics vehicle only to be a guinea pig for vehicle software.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Why not just point them at this thread and then suggest they make contact directly with each respective owner. Anything else is really just a fail.

They should have standard procedures in place to deal with their customers. Using any preferential access to get the ball rolling is a good thing, but it's also part of the problem if it then allows them to respond indirectly and actually not engage with their customers.
I hear what you are saying but not like you, after reading the comments above [Grenadiers brain is too slow] most of us the customers would be best advised to go back to the dealership to understand the issue at that level [tech] and then it is passed on to Ineos via them with credibility...if Ineos then wishes to contact the customer directly, they are all on the same page...speaking the same language ;)

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
I hear what you are saying but not like you, most of us the customers would be best advised to go back to the dealership to understand the issue at that level [tech] and then it is passed on to Ineos via them with credibility...if Ineos then wishes to contact the customer directly, they all on the same page... ;)
I suggest doing both. Yes the agent/dealer should be contacted and asked to sort the issues and feed through the internal channels. But social media has power as well.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I hear what you are saying but not like you, after reading the comments above [Grenadiers brain is too slow] most of us the customers would be best advised to go back to the dealership to understand the issue at that level [tech] and then it is passed on to Ineos via them with credibility..
Each to their own of course.

I've been sharing some of the answers I've been getting from agents ~ blow a fuse and the fusebox is replaced as an item; don't open another one as it's high voltage. I'd struggle with the credibility bit and settle with authentic direct from the customer.

Going through any intermediaries can introduce an unnecessary tier with many pitfalls.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But social media has power as well.
I agree but it has to be structured in such a way to have credibility as Stu has pointed out...put together the spreadsheet of issues in a positive way and with VIN numbers...he may have a chance of a viewing...IMO I think that your agent or dealer has the voice to put forward your issues... ;)

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Going through any intermediaries can introduce an unnecessary tier with many pitfalls.
Coming from a fellow with your knowledge of the product and past experiences with vehicles of this sort...I can fully understand where you are on the communication ladder regarding the issues and you can talk the language...for some if not a lot of customers the intermediaries [Techs] are their voice until they can gain the knowledge to speak that language...pitfuls or stumbles will happen but if you stay on the right track you will get there in the end...;)

Last edited:
Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You've nicely buttered me up there 😍, hopefully Ineos have good field engineers, and they'll be as used to talking to the non-technical owner as the technical. We're all just owners in the end, and I think they should be able to impart better quality information firsthand, rather than it being regurgitated through a possiblely less technically competent third party.

If I went for a cancer diagnosis, I wouldn’t be wanting an ex shelf stacker from the local supermarket (or indeed an ex airline pilot) speaking to the consultant and then telling me what was wrong...

Back
Top Bottom