The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
If all the problems are software and we need the fix ASAP, why don't we use the power of the Forum? Write a single letter to Ineos with all the names of owners and those waiting, asking that they produce the fix ASAP or????

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score
If all the problems are software and we need the fix ASAP, why don't we use the power of the Forum? Write a single letter to Ineos with all the names of owners and those waiting, asking that they produce the fix ASAP or????
Or lawyer up

Reactions: PBD

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We have a permanent 6° "roll" to the left according to the offroad | attitude infotainment screen.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:29 PM
Reaction score
Ineos had a good idea when setting up their dealer network in that we are not more than about 50 miles from the nearest service agent.
Had the vehicle arrived with no faults or the software could be upgraded/fixed over the internet it wouldn't have been such an issue.
The problem most of us have now is that the nearest dealer is not just 'round the corner' and by the time you get to the dealer and back not to mention the time to fix the issues and collect the vehicle and back again you will probably have lost a least a day messing around.
I have now logged 14 problems with the vehicle and it is going in for repair, but most to these are, i would think software issues so a patch or some form of WIFI upgrade would save me personally a lot of wasted driving time and money.
If all the cars Ineos have sold to date are perfect apart from the ones owned but this forum's members then they are doing well, but i wouldn't have thought so, not everyone has somewhere to voice their concerns or problems on.
Don't get me wrong i love the car just getting a little fed up with the what's going to go wrong today feeling every time i turn the key.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think some one in the aftermarket should build an OBD interface that allows an 'Overland Mode' where some of the features are disabled enabling the car to be driven at full power with broken sensors etc.
I plan on taking mine to Morocco among other places and I don't fancy being stuck in the desert with a mechanically sound vehicle that is undriveable due to a door sensor or adblue or any other non essential issue.
I really hope that the software update resolves all these issues because otherwise the raison detre of the Grenadier is pretty much negated.

I know it's not possible but I wish this was a purely mechanical car.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@nd I feel the same. Love the car. But am now getting fed up with the lack of responsiveness around my issues. I've had the car 5 weeks now without any accessories, no working A/C, faulty rear PDC sensor, all the various software error messages but as yet I have not been invited back to my agent for the issues to be addressed for a variety of logistic issues 'beyond the agent's control'. For example, my local agent is waiting for INEOS to approve some kind of computer link up for diagnostics; the firmware which is apparently still a month off etc etc...

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos had a good idea when setting up their dealer network in that we are not more than about 50 miles from the nearest service agent.
Had the vehicle arrived with no faults or the software could be upgraded/fixed over the internet it wouldn't have been such an issue.
The problem most of us have now is that the nearest dealer is not just 'round the corner' and by the time you get to the dealer and back not to mention the time to fix the issues and collect the vehicle and back again you will probably have lost a least a day messing around.
I have now logged 14 problems with the vehicle and it is going in for repair, but most to these are, i would think software issues so a patch or some form of WIFI upgrade would save me personally a lot of wasted driving time and money.
If all the cars Ineos have sold to date are perfect apart from the ones owned but this forum's members then they are doing well, but i wouldn't have thought so, not everyone has somewhere to voice their concerns or problems on.
Don't get me wrong i love the car just getting a little fed up with the what's going to go wrong today feeling every time i turn the key.
Totally with you and when you get a breakdown you’ll wait all day for the AA to take your car back to the dealers as I’m doing now 😡. That’s a days holiday I’ve got to book off just to get my vehicle picked up.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's fine if you are expecting to have to get software updates throughout the whole life of the vehicle. However, hopefully we are not.

I think with Ineos being new, the vehicle model being new, and the vehicle being new, then we are in an accentuated version of the bathtub curve:
5633.btub.jpg-550x0.jpg
Those that follow will always have the issues associated with a new (off the production line) vehicle but only us early adoptors will have the double hit of new company and new model.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The unroadworthy element is covered under separate legislation and it would be interesting to know if these faults, either singularly or in total, meet the standard to be categorised as such.

I don't know, but reading around the subject, I would take the view they don't. There would need to actually be a physical fault to be unroadworthy. However, if I was stopped at the roadside and the examiner said "if it wouldn't pass an MOT, it shouldn't be on the road", then I'd find it hard to disagree with that logic.

"The Road Traffic Act 1988 makes it illegal for any person (including private individuals) to sell, offer to sell or supply, and expose for sale an unroadworthy vehicle. If you have a vehicle on your forecourt that is unsafe or unroadworthy you could be committing a criminal offence."

" a motor vehicle or trailer is in an unroadworthy condition if—
(a)it is in such a condition that the use of it on a road in that condition would be unlawful by virtue of any provision made by regulations under section 41 of this Act as respects—
(i)brakes, steering gear or tyres, or
(ii)the construction, weight or equipment of vehicles, or
(iii)the maintenance of vehicles, their parts and accessories in such a condition that no danger is or is likely to be caused"
Sorry been away and had poor phone signals.
Just an update on your post. I have been to a mot station to make enquiries and was informed that any safety warnings that indicate possible failures would be an immediate MOT fail. These include ABS, seat belts, air bags, steering etc, They only test and report, not investigate. They also said as I reported in a later post, they believed this was the same for new vehicles under the Road Traffic Acts, being unfit for the road in these conditions.

• Sad
Reactions: sne

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have just written via the portal, relaying what we have all said. My main thrust is as above, stating that I have heard of two vehicles with Power Steering problems and all of us are experiencing random failure messages. The vehicle should not have been delivered with these messages and if they don't provide a solution quickly the market will self destruct.

I suggest we all write today. I also wrote to Stu as he may have more influence with company. if he wrote on our behalf.

The upshot, is I love the vehicle, but I don't want the warnings. I now notice that any little fault is being made a meal of and this is totally counter productive.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have just written via the portal, relaying what we have all said. My main thrust is as above, stating that I have heard of two vehicles with Power Steering problems and all of us are experiencing random failure messages. The vehicle should not have been delivered with these messages and if they don't provide a solution quickly the market will self destruct.

I suggest we all write today. I also wrote to Stu as he may have more influence with company. if he wrote on our behalf.

The upshot, is I love the vehicle, but I don't want the warnings. I now notice that any little fault is being made a meal of and this is totally counter productive.
Done.
New warning msg. First time I have had one in BLUE, (reported on another thread already) Gearbox in neutral, then Vehicle ready to drive, all in blue lettering.
Anyone else had a blue msg( :) ).
Also I aways get 3 Bongs when I turn ignition on, even with all the doors closed, is this the same on all the vehicles.
Thanks

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry been away and had poor phone signals.
Just an update on your post. I have been to a mot station to make enquiries and was informed that any safety warnings that indicate possible failures would be an immediate MOT fail. These include ABS, seat belts, air bags, steering etc, They only test and report, not investigate. They also said as I reported in a later post, they believed this was the same for new vehicles under the Road Traffic Acts, being unfit for the road in these conditions.
I'm happy to learn, but isn't there a difference between a yellow/amber warning and a red one?

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm happy to learn, but isn't there a difference between a yellow/amber warning and a red one?
I agree, Red is Dead, amber is a serious warning, WTF is a blue one, I have no idea mate. Maybe its like the willy wonker golden wrapper and I've won the Ineos lottery :ROFLMAO:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree, Red is Dead, amber is a serious warning, WTF is a blue one, I have no idea mate. Maybe its like the willy wonker golden wrapper and I've won the Ineos lottery :ROFLMAO:
Blue is within operating parameters, headlights on, coolant not up to temperature, and that is the only 2 I have in my cars I think?

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Blue is within operating parameters, headlights on, coolant not up to temperature, and that is the only 2 I have in my cars I think?
Possibly but why would it keep constantly cycling for nearly 100 miles on the motorway whilst the vehicle is in gear and being driven at 60mph with caravan on back? I just kept going till I got home on my drive, just in case. It did not reappear yesterday.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
RED is danger. They are using the same coding as aircraft. The Gulfstteam was the same. Blue - is information. RED - leads to loss of life. Amber - is sort it. Attachment from the manual.

Warnings.png

Back
Top Bottom