The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
9:45 AM
Reaction score

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
Seriously that is the worst possible response from a business I have heard of. I’m sorry we are too busy dealing with new customers to look after the ones we’ve already got our money from. How do these idiots stay in business??
Yes thats really crap.

RavenVoice

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:45 AM
Reaction score
And Germany as well.

The rest of the world is smaller than you think.
Really!? Did Ineos change their plans along the way then as I could’ve sworn that early on they said they would be running an agency model in the domestic market but utilising dealers overseas.

I’d be interested to know if there’s any other countries were Ineos are running an agency model or if it’s just the UK, Australia & Germany? I know that in the UAE & in Switzerland it’s definitely dealers & not agents so the agency model certainly isn’t everywhere.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your issues buddy.

My experience thus far is that the agents are absolutely awful & couldn’t care less about their customers. The agent I was using damaged the roof of my car when fitting the roof rack, damaged the roof rack itself & didn’t even fit said roof rack properly either (plus they didn’t inform me of the damage they had caused & I had to discover it myself after getting the vehicle back). I won’t even bother to get started on the actual handover itself but; suffice it to say, that was piss-poor also.

We can only hope that Ineos weed out these below-par agents & sort things out as it’s a terrible customer experience & reflects very poorly on the brand.

The car is fabulous but the agents are a disgrace (I can only hope that there are other agents that aren’t as bad). Overseas markets are lucky that they don’t have to endure this sort of treatment.
Hopefully, you'll be leaving a review here:

Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If I ever get my vehicle I am going to write to the Ombudsman (wife already has made an initial contact). They need a proverbial rocket up their arses.
Which Ombudsman and what remedies do they actually have available to them?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, the UK agents seem to view it as merely a side-hustle, the employees come across as lacking any training regarding the Grenadier & as resenting having to deal with it at all.
Just how many agents in the network have you engaged with as a customer?

Your experiences at any one agent should be the basis of casting aspersions on the rest.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Which Ombudsman and what remedies do they actually have available to them?
My wife has already contacted the Ombudsman, regarding remedies - unfortunately I don't have crystal ball as to remedies (will be case by case). Why would you need to know details?

What is galling is that the vehicle arrived 10 days ago at the agent and all is paid and as yet I have no clue when I can collect it, as it has a fault. Their technicians, have other work to do and may get onto it on Monday or not.

Remember, like many others I was promised a 1st February delivery and it lengthens by the day. Hopefully, the fault is rectified immediately and I collect it next week, but I doubt that. I can honestly say, I would NOT recommend this buying process to anyone until the bugs are ironed out.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just how many agents in the network have you engaged with as a customer?

Your experiences at any one agent should be the basis of casting aspersions on the rest.
Are you missing a word here?
Your experiences at any one agent should NOT be the basis of casting aspersions on the rest.
I think the buying process in the UK is flawed. The agents don't have enough resources to make the process fault free. INEOS should review the process and possibly look at making the current agents fully fledged dealers.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’s tame compared to what the agent I used said to me when I was trying to agree a handover date.

This is what I was told:

“We’re a VW dealer really & we can’t afford to hold up our main business for your one car”.
That's the impression I am getting, the priority is the revenue earning dealer franchise.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My wife has already contacted the Ombudsman, regarding remedies - unfortunately I don't have crystal ball as to remedies (will be case by case). Why would you need to know details?
Remedies available to an Ombudsman are not a matter for a crystal ball. They'll be spelt out in whatever documentation sets them up and gives them standing.

Let me know which Ombudsman you have engaged with and we can see what the range is.

Remember, like many others I was promised a 1st February delivery and it lengthens by the day.
Was it a promise or was it an estimated date?

What I remember from my contract is:
"The Estimated Delivery Date of the Vehicle is indicative only and may be subject to change."

Was yours different?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Was it a promise or was it an estimated date?

What I remember from my contract is:
"The Estimated Delivery Date of the Vehicle is indicative only and may be subject to change."

Was yours different?
You know it's not different - but 4 months is a joke. I like your responses to peoples problems by throwing in incendiaries, you must be bored. :)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are you missing a word here?
Yes ~ definitely a word missing ~ but I now can't edit the post!

I think the buying process in the UK is flawed. The agents don't have enough resources to make the process fault free. INEOS should review the process and possibly look at making the current agents fully fledged dealers.
The fault lies squarely with Ineos, they seem light on resources and what they have seem extremely reluctant to step forward and engage with customers.

Remember, it was Ineos who wanted the direct relationship with customers, and hence went down an agency path. You can't pay your retail partner as an agent and expect him to deal with everything like a dealer.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
Really!? Did Ineos change their plans along the way then as I could’ve sworn that early on they said they would be running an agency model in the domestic market but utilising dealers overseas.

I’d be interested to know if there’s any other countries were Ineos are running an agency model or if it’s just the UK, Australia & Germany? I know that in the UAE & in Switzerland it’s definitely dealers & not agents so the agency model certainly isn’t everywhere.
Most of the world was agency
Belgium, Switzerland, NA & a few other smaller countries are dealer

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You know it's not different - but 4 months is a joke. I like your responses to peoples problems by throwing in incendiaries, you must be bored. :)
No, but you say you were "promised" but the truth of the matter is you weren't.

Let the actual facts speak for themselves.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No, but you say you were "promised" but the truth of the matter is you weren't.

Let the actual facts speak for themselves.
True, but a 4 month delay is unacceptable. I have emails from Grenadier saying I would have the vehicle in late January/ early February (you don't expect them to lie do you?).

You love to stir the shit don't you? I suppose you have your vehicle.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
True, but a 4 month delay is unacceptable. I have emails from Grenadier saying I would have the vehicle in late January/ early February (you don't expect them to lie do you?).

You love to stir the shit don't you? I suppose you have your vehicle.
With your attitude to the truth and other people, I can't understand why your agent hasn't prioritised your vehicle...

DDG

Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
In the U.S. there is a consumer protection law in most (possibly every) state referred to as a “lemon law”. I think it’s meant for exactly these kinds of situations. The basic gist is that if a manufacturer can’t fix a problem in a defined period of time. Or if a problem or problems persist despite multiple attempts to remedy. An owner can file a complaint which legally forces the manufacturer to buy back the vehicle. I’ve never had such issues where I’ve needed to consider that, and I really believe Ineos will get these things worked out soon; but it’s a reassuring legal protection for a buyer. One very bad side to “Lemon Laws” is that it affects the vehicle’s title. The title is marked as such and can not be resold by the manufacturer.
I really hope an Ineos rep is watching the forum and seeing these few issues and working diligently to address them. I think we all can accept some degree of teething issues with a brand new manufacturer, but it hurts to see fellow owners frustrated and not receiving the prompt attention they deserve. I’d like to see Ineos become a better-than-average customer service company.
I have accepted the glowing reviews of other members here, and believe that the issues are not deal breakers. I’m hoping to see the brand earn a great reputation though

Back
Top Bottom