The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

IGL

GG #2697
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:32 PM
Reaction score
We had six different Audi over the past 15 years. They came with a certain issue: windows and sunroof opened occasionally and could not be closed while driving. Stopping, turn off the engine, get out of the car and close it, wait for 10-15 minutes and then the other way round, and we could close the windows. It was never resolved by Audi, they always told us it was an incidentally issue in combination with a certain configuration of the car – and by the way, it was VW software.
So what to do? Love it, change it or leave it. We now have a Volvo XC60, different issues to Audi, but almost the same statement as Audi. And the same way to resolve the issues: Stopping, turn off the engine, get out of the car and close it...🤣

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:32 AM
Reaction score
...and probably nearly the same way to solve them: shut down the pc, wait, restart…☺️
Yes. But I hate waiting. This morning my wife made me leave the room (I went and vigorously dug in my garden ) After an hour she said the update had worked.
An update that has not resulted in any functional improvement in anything.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:32 PM
Reaction score
Are people taking these cars to agents and having the codes read? Has anyone tried using an OBD2 reader themselves and seeing what they say?
The garage that service all of our commercial vehicles have 'not' plugged it in the their diagnostic equipment and 'not' tried to talk to it, but their reader couldn't even find it ??
But they they did find out there is a wiring issue with the back doors!!!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:32 PM
Reaction score
The garage that service all of our commercial vehicles have 'not' plugged it in the their diagnostic equipment and 'not' tried to talk to it, but their reader couldn't even find it ??
But they they did find out there is a wiring issue with the back doors!!!
Is that a universal type issue or likely just with your vehicle?

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is that a universal type issue or likely just with your vehicle?
As far as i know its universal as they service lots of different makes of vehicle both cars and commercial

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can you say what the issue was?
how long have you got??
No seriously, the airbag warning and the back door the rest of the error lights seem to have stopped.
The back door is a pain as i get an audible (loud) warning noise every time i pull away along with the warning display keep popping up, as the back door won't register shut the car cannot be locked with the fob i have to lock it with the key(not a big deal).But if i press on the small door and lock it with the fob it will lock, 10 seconds later the alarm goes off!! and now the rear washer/wiper has stopped working.
I want to fit a dash cam, spotlights and an engine block heater but an a little reluctant until these issues are sorted first, i don't want to be blamed for the problems above by Ineos saying that i have caused the issues by fitting non OEM parts.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
how long have you got??
No seriously, the airbag warning and the back door the rest of the error lights seem to have stopped.
The back door is a pain as i get an audible (loud) warning noise every time i pull away along with the warning display keep popping up, as the back door won't register shut the car cannot be locked with the fob i have to lock it with the key(not a big deal).But if i press on the small door and lock it with the fob it will lock, 10 seconds later the alarm goes off!! and now the rear washer/wiper has stopped working.
I want to fit a dash cam, spotlights and an engine block heater but an a little reluctant until these issues are sorted first, i don't want to be blamed for the problems above by Ineos saying that i have caused the issues by fitting non OEM parts.
I am currently getting the bong every time I set off. Nothing showing on screen. Have checked all doors and seatbelts are good. Can’t work out what’s causing it. Also finding the PDC too sensitive. Need to find out how to adjust it. Apart from that, the usual warning lights coming and going.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am currently getting the bong every time I set off. Nothing showing on screen. Have checked all doors and seatbelts are good. Can’t work out what’s causing it. Also finding the PDC too sensitive. Need to find out how to adjust it. Apart from that, the usual warning lights coming and going.
Perhaps IA built in a " bong" to indicate that at present there are no bongs currently present 🤣

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Forgot to mention the second row reading light won't go out with the ignition on just cannot find any way to turn it off, most annoying driving at night as it reflects in the rear view mirror.

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are people taking these cars to agents and having the codes read? Has anyone tried using an OBD2 reader themselves and seeing what they say?
I have kept a log of the error warnings that show up and have regularly informed my agent who has assured me I am completely safe to ignore them and that the software update will address them. They have no visibility on when the software update will be available, however, so do not seem to want (or think necessary) me bringing the vehicle in to them for now. In all other regards the car has performed flawlessly and for avoidance of doubt the error warnings have not affected its start/stopping or performance as far as I can tell.

I have also experienced the same/similar issue of getting the car into gear on 3 or 4 occasions and interestingly all have been when I have had to rush to do some manoeuvre to get out of the way of another car. I still wonder if the issue is me not selecting the gear correctly/rushing the process or whether there is a gearbox gremlin. In any event the failure to get gear (if it is a failure) has only taken 2 or 3 goes/a couple of minutes to resolve

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Early days yet and feel reassured by this forum in reading how my warning ms etc are currently par for the course. That ‘software update’ will have a lot to live up to, especially when individual vehicles are not uploading any feedback data.

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm a 1000 miles in and have less warnings, almost 2 days without now - for sure leaving the ignition on until all the tell tales go out before starting prevents the majority of warnings. I also have a certain Italian car that requires this process!

My passenger door could do with adjusting as it requires a huge slam compared to the others.

Fingers crossed for everything else, the infotainment can be a bit buggy and my microphone seems to only work sometimes if both Bluetooth & Android Auto are connected at the same time.

Thinking about sidesteps still to avoid destroying my seat bolsters over time. It's a long way up!

Apart from that I'm loving it.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm a 1000 miles in and have less warnings, almost 2 days without now - for sure leaving the ignition on until all the tell tales go out before starting prevents the majority of warnings. I also have a certain Italian car that requires this process!

My passenger door could do with adjusting as it requires a huge slam compared to the others.

Fingers crossed for everything else, the infotainment can be a bit buggy and my microphone seems to only work sometimes if both Bluetooth & Android Auto are connected at the same time.

Thinking about sidesteps still to avoid destroying my seat bolsters over time. It's a long way up!

Thanks Simon - reassuring!!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:32 PM
Reaction score
Am now close to 4000 km driving. I love the car, drives very well. Am driving slowly back home through Austria, some mountain roads or tracks but nothing I couldn't have done with my Suzuki Grand Vitara.

But the error warnings are a real hassle, I am not worried, but stop several times to switch off the car, and switch on everything again, sometimes to no avail.

My Suzuki, 10 years ago wasn't my dream car, I would have liked a Toyota Land Cruiser. But, no problems at all, the car behaved well. Off course, there was less electronics in it.

Today, when leaving the camping no way to make my car move, neither forward, neither backwards, something blocked it! Motor was running!

I finally discovered my driver's door wasn't well closed! And what if this was an emergency situation for instance stuck on a railroad?

No, I don't agree with all these safety blocking software programming!

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Have the same passenger door issue, opening a window a crack helps but its still not right

Back
Top Bottom