The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Where's the confidence level in the company?

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:18 AM
Reaction score
The average transaction price in the US in October was 48.5. I was 93.5. That's nominally double. A base lx600 is 92.5. I'm calling it expensive Mr. Moneybags.
I have built and rebuilt dozens of cars and trucks in my life, mostly because I could not rationalize buying the latest and greatest of whatever it was I wanted only to have to throw another $$,$$$ at it to make it do what I wanted or needed it to do.

When I looked at the Grenadier there was literally nothing I thought I wanted or needed, that it did not have, and it does not have many things "modern" vehicles today come with I do not want. In the end I ask mysef, "what could I build it for" my conclusion with the Grenadier was that I could not build it for what I paid for it. For these reasons this vehicle was an exceptional value in my eyes.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
I have built and rebuilt dozens of cars and trucks in my life, mostly because I could not rationalize buying the latest and greatest of whatever it was I wanted only to have to throw another $$,$$$ at it to make it do what I wanted or needed it to do.

When I looked at the Grenadier there was literally nothing I thought I wanted or needed, that it did not have, and it does not have many things "modern" vehicles today come with I do not want. In the end I ask mysef, "what could I build it for" my conclusion with the Grenadier was that I could not build it for what I paid for it. For these reasons this vehicle was an exceptional value in my eyes.
1729215135506.gif

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The average transaction price in the US in October was 48.5. I was 93.5. That's nominally double. A base lx600 is 92.5. I'm calling it expensive Mr. Moneybags.

When I looked at the Grenadier there was literally nothing I thought I wanted or needed, that it did not have, and it does not have many things "modern" vehi cles today come with I do not want. In the end I ask mysef, "what could I build it for" my conclusion with the Grenadier was that I could not build it for what I paid for it.For these reasons this vehicle was an exceptional value in my eyes.
Maybe 6/23 build is a 23.5 year! 😀
I see where this is going...

That means my 2024 build is a 24.41666666667 (May 2024).

Local time
2:18 PM
Reaction score

Expensive and value are different characteristics. A base d90 is only 10g over average out the door, but paying Sarek 20g an axle to make them lock, makes it expensive at 95 thousand all in. Expensive is merely a quantity of "expenses", as on an accounting ledger.

Value is a subjective term. If your truck at its sale price has functions another buyer doesnt want at all, It's still expensive, due to it being 2x the average transaction price, but for that person, it also ceases to be what you consider a value. You have an expensive value, they have an expensive waste.

Words. They mean what they say they mean.

Ps. As far as value goes, the value in the Gren is its MS designed body and chassis. To get that expertise and solidity elsewhere you need to 2x the money again for a gwagon. All the other functional options on this truck can be had cheaper, better and more reliable on a ford, chevy, toyota or jeep. If you think the "value" is in the options, then you missed the whole point.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Expensive and value are different characteristics. A base d90 is only 10g over average out the door, but paying Sarek 20g an axle to make them lock, makes it expensive at 95 thousand all in. Expensive is merely a quantity of "expenses", as on an accounting ledger.

Value is a subjective term. If your truck at its sale price has functions another buyer doesnt want at all, It's still expensive, due to it being 2x the average transaction price, but for that person, it also ceases to be what you consider a value. You have an expensive value, they have an expensive waste.

Words. They mean what they say they mean.

Ps. As far as value goes, the value in the Gren is its MS designed body and chassis. To get that expertise and solidity elsewhere you need to 2x the money again for a gwagon. All the other functional options on this truck can be had cheaper, better and more reliable on a ford, chevy, toyota or jeep. If you think the "value" is in the options, then you missed the whole point.
With all the recalls to ford, chevy, toyota, or jeep they cannot be deemed to be any more reliable, or better, than any other vehicle produced. Except a Yugo. Hell, any car beats a Yugo.

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
What they heck is a model 23.5? Would the window sticker say that?? My window sticker says MY24 and nobody is going to change my mind to think it is a MY23.5..
In America, the dealers refer to them as MY24 but many of them are actually MY23.5. Some may even be MY23. The factory went MY24 in March/April 2024 after being on MY23.5 since about Aug/September 2023. It was MY23 before that (the exact date they switched MY versions is not known to us). The 23.5 is what Ineos called those builds to differentiate them. There were branches in regional models where some got certain changes before others.

The only differences between MY23 and MY23.5 were fixes to issues on MY23 being applied to the factory line. MY24 mostly has more fixes and new components on the head unit/electrics.

One of the easiest ways to tell if you have a factory MY24 is to put the car in reverse and look at the reversing camera. If your display fills the screen segment from top to bottom, you have a MY24. If your camera display looks like a pop up in front of the display and doesnt fill the height of the screen you have an MY23 or MY23.5.

For some reason, probably marketing, US dealers referred to all cars delivered in 2023 as MY24.

Looking at Reducs 12/23 that would make his an MY23.5
LC0013 with a 6/23 is an MY23

Ineos still reference the MY23.5 on some of their website pictures:

1729262378539.png

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In America, the dealers refer to them as MY24 but many of them are actually MY23.5. Some may even be MY23. The factory went MY24 in March/April 2024 after being on MY23.5 since about Aug/September 2023. It was MY23 before that (the exact date they switched MY versions is not known to us). The 23.5 is what Ineos called those builds to differentiate them. There were branches in regional models where some got certain changes before others.

The only differences between MY23 and MY23.5 were fixes to issues on MY23 being applied to the factory line. MY24 mostly has more fixes and new components on the head unit/electrics.

One of the easiest ways to tell if you have a factory MY24 is to put the car in reverse and look at the reversing camera. If your display fills the screen segment from top to bottom, you have a MY24. If your camera display looks like a pop up in front of the display and doesnt fill the height of the screen you have an MY23 or MY23.5.

For some reason, probably marketing, US dealers referred to all cars delivered in 2023 as MY24.

Looking at Reducs 12/23 that would make his an MY23.5

Ineos still reference the MY23.5 on some of their website pictures:

View attachment 7873727
“One of the easiest ways to tell if you have a factory MY24 is to put the car in reverse and look at the reversing camera. If your display fills the screen segment from top to bottom, you have a MY24. If your camera display looks like a pop up in front of the display and doesnt fill the height of the screen you have an MY23 or MY23.5.”……wow never heard or knew that. See this forum provides a wealth of info……now running out to the Grenny’s to check the back up cameras!! For real!!🙃😎

Thanks for the info btw!! 👍 it may have been posted elsewhere previously but your post was the first time I read it. ✌️

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
Lots of stuff here. First, I will say this vehicle has been beaten harder then any new vehicle and has had less problems thus far then any new vehicle I have owned. Am I am not talking about the new junkers that even includes Toyota now. I am speaking of earlier new cars. Really so far 2 check engine lights due to a software bug. Lol, thats it for a BRAND NEW manufacturer? Kind of astonishing really when Toyotas have lists a mile long including engines, diffs and transmissions. Or GMC trucks that are making tow drivers rich. Leaving out the obvious like broncos, Kias, Hyundais....That being said Ineos is lacking on support. Only part I needed was a trim piece I took out on a tree, no issue. But not being able to reset your oil light? That is down right criminal and is the worst issue in my book.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Actually mine was made, I believe, in September 2023. Seems like Ineos first said built in August but, seemed like the factories shut down then and all the employees take off the entire month and drink and drink and drink. Makes me think that a September European product might be like a USA Monday product. :)

I guess mine is a MY23.5 however, my sticker says 2024 and that is what I am going with!
!
IMG_2389.jpg

Last edited:

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So this is one of mine, is it a 23.5 or 24? 🤷‍♂️
Well the forum is saying file too large can’t upload the pic, first time I get that message as I have posted tons of pics. 🤷‍♂️

Anyway it says…..11/23, assume this close to 2024 makes it a 2024??

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Cool tip. I'll have to check mine.

Fast forward a few years and I bet educated buyers will look for tips like this to figure out what first/second year production run they're really buying. (y)

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I guess mine is a MY23.5 however, my sticker says 2024 and that is what I am going with!
I wouldn't be surprised if the changeover happened during the shutdown.

Anyway it says…..11/23, assume this close to 2024 makes it a 2024??
Factory 23.5 with that date.

However, the reverse camera is the main way to tell if you have the only "real" difference between the 23/23.5 and 24.

I don't see Ineos doing major changes over the years, but instead, just tweak a bit here and there based on third party manufacturer updates. Maybe add more things that they said they wouldn't put on the car when the project started! Possibly things that US buyers or reviews on YouTube moan about not being present. With the US being the major market, I reckon US desires will drive the things they add.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
With the US being the major market, I reckon US desires will drive the things they add.
Yes and no. Remember what Lynn Calder (CEO, Ineos Automotive) said three weeks ago: "Today in Beijing, we officially entered the world’s largest car market: China."

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Yes and no. Remember what Lynn Calder (CEO, Ineos Automotive) said three weeks ago: "Today in Beijing, we officially entered the world’s largest car market: China."
LR killed the Discovery in the UK by making it more visually attractive to the Chinese market. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom