The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas What is your petrol US gal mpg?

Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
I’m averaging around 20-22 around town, 19 at 70 on highway and around 16 towing a turtleback trailer. I’m coming from a 89 Land Cruiser so my pedal isn’t heavy and I plan my momentum. 🤪
Best mileage by computer to date.

Attachments

• IMG_1353.jpeg
    IMG_1353.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
That’s probably 18mpg at best.
Mine is a petrol Grenadier. If I’m steady I can get 20mpg (imperial) last weekend with over. 500 motorway miles and 15hrs off road driving and I averaged 18mpg.
A mate of mine who has a petrol Grenadier towed his boat from southern UK to north of Scotland last weekend. Combined boat and trailer weight approx 2 tonnes. Just over 600 mile journey in 12 hours. Average just over 16mpg (imperial)

rur42

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:35 PM
Reaction score
With my gas gren, running 93 octane, I get 14-15mpg around town and a little over 17mpg on the highway. It has been pretty consistent the last 1000 or so miles. Computed by tracking the odometer and quantity of gas filled. No raised air intake or anything attached to the exterior. Running the KO2 tires. That's highways speed of around 70 mph, lightly loaded.

rur42

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:35 PM
Reaction score
Remember that the computer calculated MPG is usually 1.5-2.5mpg higher than actual
Definitely, the onboard computer always shows more mpg than my raw odometer/gallons tracking. And I would add that according to my GPS, my speedometer is 3 mph fast at 70, so my odometer readings are high, which means I'm getting even less than what I posted previously. About 4-5% less :(

Gaffer

Forum Donor
Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
Definitely, the onboard computer always shows more mpg than my raw odometer/gallons tracking. And I would add that according to my GPS, my speedometer is 3 mph fast at 70, so my odometer readings are high, which means I'm getting even less than what I posted previously. About 4-5% less :(
I appreciate your care in making this comment. I may check mine in a similar way.

Back
Top Bottom