The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:18 AM
Reaction score
Finally got my Bluetti Charger 1 alternator charger setup. I mounted it on the Bison molle storage panel and now I can charge any power station much faster than the 12v socket. This charger requires ventilation that’s the reason why I mounted here. Connected to the optional 60 amp switched isolator and then to the 60 amp spare busbar. Negative wire to earth next to the battery. Took me all afternoon to remove the battery plastic surround which was the most difficult part. So when I go camping I’ll have the power station charged by the car and solar when stationary. Also have small fridge in the back too.

Attachments

• IMG_4556.jpeg
    IMG_4556.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4557.jpeg
    IMG_4557.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
Finally got my Bluetti Charger 1 alternator charger setup. I mounted it on the Bison molle storage panel and now I can charge any power station much faster than the 12v socket. This charger requires ventilation that’s the reason why I mounted here. Connected to the optional 60 amp switched isolator and then to the 60 amp spare busbar. Negative wire to earth next to the battery. Took me all afternoon to remove the battery plastic surround which was the most difficult part. So when I go camping I’ll have the power station charged by the car and solar when stationary. Also have small fridge in the back too.
Dont know if you had a chance to use it yet. There is talk that it can possibly discharge battery while charging the powerstation. I am not familiar with the specs on the grenadier alternator (also dont know if it is a smart alternator) but what have you found? If you were to just run the truck stationary to grab some charge will it do battery and station?

Local time
2:18 AM
Reaction score
I mounted my EcoFlow alternator charger. Install was simple with most of the time spent figuring out where it would fit and then figuring out how to get the damn plastic off so I could access the bus bar. It is held in place with two bolts through the plastic and two sided tape on top of the sub. Now I'm charging my EcoFlow Delta 2 at 800 watts. I did reinstall the plastic cover but I sure thought about leaving it off.

IMG_2419.jpg

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Delta 2 Max was at 87% and I drove to the store and back, 8 minutes away. It was at 99% when I got home. So far I love it. I like how the combo of Delta 2 Max and Alternator Charger can work in reverse and maintain the starter battery if needed.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dont know if you had a chance to use it yet. There is talk that it can possibly discharge battery while charging the powerstation. I am not familiar with the specs on the grenadier alternator (also dont know if it is a smart alternator) but what have you found? If you were to just run the truck stationary to grab some charge will it do battery and station?
Went out for a 30 minute drive. Car battery charged from 73% SOC to 80% and power station charged from 60% to 80% is a result. So far so good. It is a smart alternator. I think the key is to connect the negative lead to existing earthing point and not directly to the negative terminal which has a battery monitoring system attached.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I mounted my EcoFlow alternator charger. Install was simple with most of the time spent figuring out where it would fit and then figuring out how to get the damn plastic off so I could access the bus bar. It is held in place with two bolts through the plastic and two sided tape on top of the sub. Now I'm charging my EcoFlow Delta 2 at 800 watts. I did reinstall the plastic cover but I sure thought about leaving it off.

View attachment 7874364
Did you attach the positive lead to the spare 60amp fuse on the busbar? Also with your Ecoflow charger, does it require ventilation?

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My Battery Charge indication did briefly hit 100% (for the first time) during the drive from Utah to California.

Local time
4:18 AM
Reaction score
Received some stuff from Germany. I had forgotten I ordered all of this when I ordered the Carbon fiber grill (I expect the grill tomorrow.)
This was very easy to put on, I wiped down a alcohol prep pad for adhesion. This is very 3D sticks out, The lambda on the back ladder should reflect nicely. The black stainless is a peel and stick, so glad no transfer required.

Attachments

• IMG_C.jpg
    IMG_C.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_b.jpg
    IMG_b.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_E.jpg
    IMG_E.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 34
  • EnginePlaque.jpg
    EnginePlaque.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Did you attach the positive lead to the spare 60amp fuse on the busbar? Also with your Ecoflow charger, does it require ventilation?

Frankly, I'm not sure which one I attached it to. There were two open ones and I picked the one in the middle. There is an inline fuse on the positive lead to the alternator charger. On my short drive it topped off the Delta 2 without any issues. I set the charge point to 14v so it doesn't drain the starter battery when the car isn't running. I'm going to watch how it performs and might drop the charge point to 13v. While charging at 800w the alternator was putting out about 10 amps according to the electrical information screen on the Grenny.

There is actually good bit of space around the charger in that location and it doesn't use an internal fan to circulate air so I think I'm going to be fine. If you look under your seat bottom while the seat is down you will see how much space there really is there. I never realized it until I started playing with mounting points.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Received some stuff from Germany. I had forgotten I ordered all of this when I ordered the Carbon fiber grill (I expect the grill tomorrow.)
This was very easy to put on, I wiped down an alcohol prep pad for adhesion. This is very 3D sticks out, The lambda on the back ladder should reflect nicely. The black stainless is a peel and stick, so glad no transfer
Can you please post a link to this store or advise the name? Really like it!! 👍🙏

Local time
Reaction score
Can you please post a link to this store or advise the name? Really like it!! 👍🙏
The page may take time to open. Give it a chance.

Last edited:

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have to ask, why take a chance on damaging the functionality of the button (spring or whatever is behind it) when it’s just a single push of the button? Yes every time you start it, but don’t you already reach over to adjust the radio or a/c (recirculating or fan speed, etc) or something else most times? Hey if it works for you awesome, just wondering why so many have an issue with the start/stop when it’s just a simple button push each time. 🤷‍♂️

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have to ask, why take a chance on damaging the functionality of the button (spring or whatever is behind it) when it’s just a single push of the button? Yes every time you start it, but don’t you already reach over to adjust the radio or a/c (recirculating or fan speed, etc) or something else most times? Hey if it works for you awesome, just wondering why so many have an issue with the start/stop when it’s just a simple button push each time. 🤷‍♂️
Agree, it's like putting on the seat belt, you just get used to disengaging stop/start as part of the starting procedure. But I don't half swear at traffic lights if I have forgotten to disengage, interesting because I never forget to put my seat belt on 🫠

Pauli

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:18 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys, now that I've seen the red BMW logo again, I'd like to say something. It's the brand EMW Eisenacher Motoren Werke (Dixi) in Thuringia. Here's the short version: the existing Eisenacher Motoren Werk was bought by BMW and split into EMW after WW2 and the division of Germany. The logo was taken over and only in red and white. The BMW symbol (blue/white) is supposed to symbolize a propeller (sky and clouds). Today, the EMW symbol in red is used by BMW to show that it is an electric car. Production is supposed to start again in Eisenach. (Google Translate)
Screenshot_20241022-084824.png
Screenshot_20241022-090909.png
Hallo Leute, da ich jetzt wieder das rote BMW Zeichen gesehen habe, möchte ich noch etwas anmerken. Es handelt sich um die Marke EMW Eisenacher Motoren Werke (Dixi) in Thüringen. Hier die Kurzform: das bestehende Eisenacher Motoren Werk wurde von BMW aufgekauft und nach dem 2. WW und der Teilung Deutschlands in EMW auf gesplittet. Da Logo wurde übernommen und nur in Rot und weiß. Das BMW Symbol (blau/weiß) soll ein Propeller symbolsieren (Himmel und Wolken). Heute wird das EMW Symbol in rot von BMW verwendet, um zu zeigen dass es sich um ein elektrisches Auto handelt. Die Produktion soll wieder in Eisenach anlaufen. (Google Übersetzer)

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm not sure which one I attached it to. There were two open ones and I picked the one in the middle. There is an inline fuse on the positive lead to the alternator charger. On my short drive it topped off the Delta 2 without any issues. I set the charge point to 14v so it doesn't drain the starter battery when the car isn't running. I'm going to watch how it performs and might drop the charge point to 13v. While charging at 800w the alternator was putting out about 10 amps according to the electrical information screen on the Grenny.

There is actually good bit of space around the charger in that location and it doesn't use an internal fan to circulate air so I think I'm going to be fine. If you look under your seat bottom while the seat is down you will see how much space there really is there. I never realized it until I started playing with mounting points.
The one in the middle is the right one. It says 60 amp on top. The one to the far right is a spare for a shunt to the aux.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Brilliant. I need to do this too.
@IslandFalconer and others actually had the brilliance and then shared it.

Now if someone can rig up a sippy bird or Rube Goldberg contraption to tap FAV for ADAS ISA setting and then stab "OFF" at startup ... take my money.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:18 PM
Reaction score
I have to ask, why take a chance on damaging the functionality of the button (spring or whatever is behind it) when it’s just a single push of the button? Yes every time you start it, but don’t you
Because car guys cut out all unecessary stuff and if needed improve the factory offering.
I've cut holes and modded the electrics and sleep well at night. It's my car ( not the bank's) after all!

Back
Top Bottom